General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » From Marathons to Triathlons... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-11-13 8:06 AM

User image

Subject: From Marathons to Triathlons...
Hello... My name is Blake and I am from Minnesota. I have been a runner for who knows how long. I just completed my 3rd Marathon this past fall (Twin Cities). The first few weeks after the Marathon were spent eating whatever I wanted and not training, like most people. I then started thinking about how I have wanted to start attempting Triathlons. Well, I think it was last week when I woke up and had Triathlons on my mind (1). I went to get to coffee before work and when I was leaving a gentleman entered wearing an Ironman jacket (2). When I returned home from work I turned on Netflix and ran across a movie "100 Meter" (3). I don't think it was 3 strikes and you're "out", I think it was more of a "how many more signs do you need!" kind of thing.

The movie, really hit home to me. If you haven't seen it and con tolerate subtitles check it out. It is about a man who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and went on to complete an Ironman race. 3 years ago, the day before Thanksgiving, I was diagnosed with MS. Finishing the Marathon last month was just the beginning I think for me. If I can do that, what else is out there that I can do...

Let's see where this goes...

2017-11-13 10:21 AM
in reply to: BlakeJ84

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: From Marathons to Triathlons...

Hi Blake, welcome to BT and triathlon!

Ha, your "signs" about triathlon are like how I got into running marathons

Kudos for living with MS well. You might want to check this guy out (it's a public page):

https://www.facebook.com/mikedawson/

He's a good friend of mine and he did an absolutely wicked Ironman 70.3 in wicked conditions with us in 2015.

2017-12-20 12:49 PM
in reply to: BlakeJ84

User image

Cypress, Texas
Subject: RE: From Marathons to Triathlons...

Originally posted by BlakeJ84 Hello... My name is Blake and I am from Minnesota. I have been a runner for who knows how long. I just completed my 3rd Marathon this past fall (Twin Cities). The first few weeks after the Marathon were spent eating whatever I wanted and not training, like most people. I then started thinking about how I have wanted to start attempting Triathlons. Well, I think it was last week when I woke up and had Triathlons on my mind (1). I went to get to coffee before work and when I was leaving a gentleman entered wearing an Ironman jacket (2). When I returned home from work I turned on Netflix and ran across a movie "100 Meter" (3). I don't think it was 3 strikes and you're "out", I think it was more of a "how many more signs do you need!" kind of thing. The movie, really hit home to me. If you haven't seen it and con tolerate subtitles check it out. It is about a man who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and went on to complete an Ironman race. 3 years ago, the day before Thanksgiving, I was diagnosed with MS. Finishing the Marathon last month was just the beginning I think for me. If I can do that, what else is out there that I can do... Let's see where this goes...

Ya...I have been watching Spanish Movies on NetFlix to expand my Spanish vocabulary. I put on 100 Meter because it was about Triathlons. I have watched 10 minutes of it on two different days (when you are translating and dissecting all the language as you go it helps to take it in chunks.  I am able to do full moves with Latin American Spanish, but this Peninsular Spanish is not what I learned so it takes a lot more work to get through). 

I made the switch from Marathons to Triathlon about three years ago. I don't have MS though so I didn't related to 100 Meters like you do and don't have the same motivation for Triathlon as you do.  I am a runner turned Triathlete though and feel that Triathlon is a lot more fun than Marathons.  I hope you enjoy Triathlons and that you are able to reach all your goals.  Good Luck.  

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » From Marathons to Triathlons... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Triathlon training in KS

Started by Traindad
Views: 757 Posts: 6

2017-08-15 10:44 PM Traindad

Beginner to Triathlon training

Started by CrazyTaco
Views: 885 Posts: 2

2017-05-29 10:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Re-Introducing myself (to the forum and triathlons)

Started by TriDB
Views: 558 Posts: 1

2017-04-04 12:19 PM TriDB

Hey starting my VLOG on triathlon :)

Started by Valetriathlon
Views: 1022 Posts: 3

2016-12-24 1:56 PM IndoIronYanti

Back to Triathlon

Started by jettabar99
Views: 895 Posts: 2

2016-11-18 7:38 AM IndoIronYanti