General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 12.2.17 Saturday Morning Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-02 8:38 AM

User image

Elite
Subject: 12.2.17 Saturday Morning

Good morning BT!

6:30am:  Insanity + upper body.  Heading out for a long hike this afternoon.

Last night was the viewing for my student--that was one of the hardest things I've had to do. Many of my kids needed me to go up with them.  So hard.  This morning is the funeral and then the process of moving on begins.  

Karen, oddly enough I had a dream about your dress last night!  I was packing up a house and found the dress in a closet!  How strange, eh!?

Happy training today!

2017-12-02 5:15 PM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: 12.2.17 Saturday Morning
That must have been tough, Kim. I had to go to one for a student's sibling--cancer, not a violent death. In my career I've had two students lose younger siblings. Couldn't bring myself to go to the second one--it was a three-year-old. Sudden illness they never really figured out--probably meningitis. She went home sick one day and was dead by the next morning. They were also neighbors. Did not think I could hold it together in front of the kid and some of his classmates.

Wow--maybe you do have a dress hidden somewhere! That dress has quite a story behind it; my mother would kill me though if I put it on a public forum! I think it has been worn maybe three or four times (at least in public). Last time by me was, believe it or not, HS graduation. Thus the alteration!

Anyway, not a whole lot of training here:

16 minutes of running (out of 24?). Great leap to 2 minutes jog/1 minute walk. Nothing hurts while running, but taking it slow as I'm still having some issues with swelling later in the day. (Even when not running.) Seems to be a nerve issue, and not sure what can be done about it. I am on my feet a lot more now as am coaching an hour and a half three days a week. Really hoping my body will adapt a bit better and get over the hump with running when it's break and I don't have to walk around so much. One hour of pool running after. (School pool closed for repairs--no swim.)

Spent most of the rest of the day doing errands and being lazy. I've been feeling a bit run-down since Thursday night--not quite sure if I overdid it on Thursday's swim and Friday's bike ride (water was really warm and maybe got dehydrated), girl stuff, or fighting off a bug. A lot of my students have been sick lately with colds and sinus stuff. Feel better this morning so going to try my long ride and see how I feel; will cut it short if still feeling bad or HR really high.

2017-12-03 10:09 AM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

Subject: RE: 12.2.17 Saturday Morning
Saturday, 12.2.17, I was at a US Masters Swimming meet. I was entered in 7 events (including 3 25's which don't count toward event totals). It was a very small meet, with probably 15 to 20 participants. I was the only male in the 45-49 year old age group, so I won every event I competed in

I dropped time in every event I swam. Practicing with the coach and team has really paid off. There is still a ton of room for improvement, but I felt really good about my times after the meet. I was glad that the officials decided on a 5 minute break between two of my events (as well as a few other breaks throughout the meet). Aside from the 25m races, I don't think any event had more than one heat.

My daughter is on an age group team, and I officiate at her meets. So yesterday she was a timer for my meet, as were quite a few of her teammates. They also took out the touchpads, and replaced the 25m lane lines with the 25y lines (going the other way in our L shaped pool) Since I am an official, the officials that worked this meet were giving me a lot of ribbing about DQing me in every event (even the ones I wasn't swimming!) During one of the breaks, they even announced that the break was for everyone but me.

So my total yardage, including warmup, was about 900 yards. I was thinking during the warm up: I did probably 250 yards freestyle out of the 400 yard warmup, but the only freestlye I swam during the meet were the crawl legs of the 200 IM and the 100 IM. I didn't even do the 25 free becasue it was the only event between the 100 breast and the 200 IM and thought I could better use the 20 seconds rest.

It was a fun meet. That I dropped time was a nice bonus.

J White
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 12.2.17 Saturday Morning Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

1.21.17 Too early for a Saturday!

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 749 Posts: 3

2017-01-22 3:39 PM brucemorgan

1.14.17 Super Saturday

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 734 Posts: 7

2017-01-14 10:00 PM smithe68