General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-10 1:09 PM

Subject: New to tri
Hey all, Going to be doing my first tri early spring. Its a sprint with a pool swim so it seems like a great one for someone who has never competed in a tri before. My goal is to have fun and finish. I am not really new to running, swimming, or biking (well road biking is new). I run, swim, and bike a lot but my biking is always mountain biking and my road bike is too small and 30yrs old lol. I lift weights and surf a lot too. I've been debating buying a new road bike and since I've increased my swim distance I have been debating taking a few classes to improve my form.

I try to live a healthy life and this just seemed like something fun to do. My goal is just to remain in shape over the course of my life and I love working out. Oh, and I am a 38 yr old guy with the wife, family, etc. The christmas holiday is going to set my training back so I will have 10 weeks start Jan 2nd to get it together. Considering I can do all of the mileage now I think I will be ok. Anyway, hello!

2017-12-13 11:06 AM
in reply to: toomanyhobbies

Subject: RE: New to tri
Originally posted by toomanyhobbies

Hey all, Going to be doing my first tri early spring. Its a sprint with a pool swim so it seems like a great one for someone who has never competed in a tri before. My goal is to have fun and finish. I am not really new to running, swimming, or biking (well road biking is new). I run, swim, and bike a lot but my biking is always mountain biking and my road bike is too small and 30yrs old lol. I lift weights and surf a lot too. I've been debating buying a new road bike and since I've increased my swim distance I have been debating taking a few classes to improve my form.

I try to live a healthy life and this just seemed like something fun to do. My goal is just to remain in shape over the course of my life and I love working out. Oh, and I am a 38 yr old guy with the wife, family, etc. The christmas holiday is going to set my training back so I will have 10 weeks start Jan 2nd to get it together. Considering I can do all of the mileage now I think I will be ok. Anyway, hello!

Welcome to the madness. I can say this, it's been more fun than I thought it would be.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New to Tri

Started by Will1309
Views: 503 Posts: 2

2017-06-09 11:21 AM jhaack39

New to TRI. Need guidance and support

Started by Mebennani
Views: 618 Posts: 3

2017-03-19 11:05 AM Mebennani

45 and new to tri