Other Resources The Political Joe » FBI Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-15 8:01 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: FBI
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senator-comeys-remarks-clinton-probe-heav...

The whole world gasped when Comey listed a whole string of "misdeeds" by Clinton but then said she should not be charged. I have never understood why she was not charged with destruction of evidence as it was widely reported that they deleted emails that were under subpoena. Also never understood why they would interview Clinton "off the record". How do they justify that? Guess they altered the Miranda warning to say, "...anything you say cannot be used against you in a court of law so don't worry about perjury....just tell us whatever you think will get you off the hook" Anyway, it sure looks like the FBI bent way over backwards to clear Clinton.

Then there is the Mueller team and Strzok's firing from the team. And the make-up of the team being made up of several Clinton donors. I think Trey Gowdy put it best when he said, the whole purpose of an independent counsel is to avoid the appearance of conflicts of interest. Obviously the Senate and House investigations have turned up zero evidence. We know this because congress has more leaks than a colander so it they has any evidence it would come out.....at least we know Congress is made of up partisan hacks with an agenda.

Seems like almost every day some new piece of information comes up pointing towards a Deep State....

2017-12-15 9:12 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: FBI
I'm confident in Muller's integrity and focus. Let's let him do his job and purge members of his team if it is warranted.

If you want to investigate HRC have at it...
2017-12-15 9:17 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro

I think Mueller and his team want to find something to pin on Trump......and I think he's the best man for that job.  HOWEVER, if, at the end of the day, Mueller can't find anything to prosecute or impeach the President over, this should be the friggin' end of this crap.  Enough is enough.

2017-12-15 9:34 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Left Brain

I think Mueller and his team want to find something to pin on Trump......and I think he's the best man for that job.  HOWEVER, if, at the end of the day, Mueller can't find anything to prosecute or impeach the President over, this should be the friggin' end of this crap.  Enough is enough.

just like how the repubs have let benghazi go right?

i agree though

2017-12-15 10:01 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Hard to say when the end will be as none of us has a crystal ball and the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We have seen a pretty impressive stream of developments over the last month or so, I would say we are still in the thick of this and have to let it play out.
2017-12-15 10:14 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Oysterboy

Hard to say when the end will be as none of us has a crystal ball and the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We have seen a pretty impressive stream of developments over the last month or so, I would say we are still in the thick of this and have to let it play out.

There is a point in every single investigation ever undertaken when the means will never justify the end..... monetarily, politically, judicially, morally, etc.  There is ALWAYS a point where you move on if you can't find evidence of a crime. There will certainly come a time, also, when our country is just better off moving down the road. (lacking evidence of course)

Edited by Left Brain 2017-12-15 10:16 AM

2017-12-15 10:32 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

There is a point in every single investigation ever undertaken when the means will never justify the end..... monetarily, politically, judicially, morally, etc.  There is ALWAYS a point where you move on if you can't find evidence of a crime. There will certainly come a time, also, when our country is just better off moving down the road. (lacking evidence of course)

Understood, but I don't think we are at that point yet, agreed?
2017-12-15 10:33 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I don't know how such investigations take so long. They have about 15 lawyers working and have spend over $7 million dollars and they have 3 chickenchit indictments....having nothing to due with the Russians hacking the election. How/why does it take so many people and so much time? There are only so many people to investigate and question.....
2017-12-15 10:41 AM

User image

Pro

Nope, not yet. 

2017-12-15 11:04 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio

I don't know how such investigations take so long. They have about 15 lawyers working and have spend over $7 million dollars and they have 3 chickenchit indictments....having nothing to due with the Russians hacking the election. How/why does it take so many people and so much time? There are only so many people to investigate and question.....

I would imagine, in an investigation of this sort, you are talking about literally thousands of subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, etc. that have to be written, granted, then the information collected, categorized, entered into evidence, blah,blah,blah.  It's very tedious and time consuming. 

2017-12-15 11:05 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Nope, not yet. 

How do you know? They won't let anyone in Congress or the DOJ know what they know....or don't know. I think the idea of 'independent' counselor is a fundamentally a good idea but it has one big problem...and that is they are not accountable to anyone! Kinda like the Nazi Secret Service. They can do anything they think is necessary to make a case or ferret out information....and there is no oversight....at least there doesn't seem to be any. So you give a group of lawyers a blank check and tell them to "investigate" some nebulas crimes of 'collusion' and, IMO, they will stay on that teat till it runs dry. Witness Ken Starr's team.....

2017-12-15 11:14 AM
in reply to: 0

Master
, California

a) as far as investigations go it hasn't taken that much time, really.  Mueller has been there what, 7 months?  A lot of regular police investigations go far longer.  And if you want to look back to the last independent counsel - Ken Starr did his thing for *8 years*.

b) Trump is going to make a self-fulfilling prophecy if he keeps going after the FBI.  You're just ticking off the people who work for you.  Mueller was FBI Director before this gig.  If I were in his shoes, every time the president berated my people it would just make me work harder.

Edit: btw I'm not saying Mueller is like Ken Starr, at all.  Ken Starr was a lawyer from day 1.  Mueller is the real deal as an investigator, not to mention a decorated Marine.  I have a lot more confidence that he'll keep things on point.

Edited by spudone 2017-12-15 11:20 AM
2017-12-15 11:28 AM

User image

Pro

Nope, not yet. 

How do you know? They won't let anyone in Congress or the DOJ know what they know....or don't know. I think the idea of 'independent' counselor is a fundamentally a good idea but it has one big problem...and that is they are not accountable to anyone! Kinda like the Nazi Secret Service. They can do anything they think is necessary to make a case or ferret out information....and there is no oversight....at least there doesn't seem to be any. So you give a group of lawyers a blank check and tell them to "investigate" some nebulas crimes of 'collusion' and, IMO, they will stay on that teat till it runs dry. Witness Ken Starr's team.....

There is still rule of law, so it's not like they can operate however they want.  It will be over when it gets problematic explaining what they are doing.  Right now it's easy, so yeah, why not keep the money flowing in?  It'll start grinding down eventually......and then it's over.  I give it a year.....people will have enough.

2017-12-15 5:58 PM

User image

Regular

I think we have. as someone else said, with the amount of lawyers and time spent, something sshould have turned up other than indictments which had nothing to do with Trump.
2017-12-15 8:17 PM
in reply to: hessma

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by hessma

I think we have. as someone else said, with the amount of lawyers and time spent, something sshould have turned up other than indictments which had nothing to do with Trump.

Oh come on, we don't really know what Muller has, only the scraps of info that has leaked, and the two guilty pleads/two indictments. Rod Rosenstein (a Trump appointee) said he was conducting his oversight duties and in his opinion Muller is doing his job within the established bounds of his appointment.
2017-12-15 8:33 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Oh come on, we don't really know what Muller has, only the scraps of info that has leaked, and the two guilty pleads/two indictments. Rod Rosenstein (a Trump appointee) said he was conducting his oversight duties and in his opinion Muller is doing his job within the established bounds of his appointment.

I think the biggest gripe I have with Mueller is his obvious ignoring of anything from anyone who has a D behind their name.  Hillary without a doubt is guilty of multiple felonies and without a doubt colluded with Russia and even personally enriched herself during the uranium deal.  Yet, Mueller burns all his cycles hiring a complete team of anti-trump pro-hillary folks and spends millions of dolllars investigating tax evasion from long before the election and a campaign volunteer who lied in an interview.

It's really frustrating.   At least pretend that you're looking at everything and say that you've cleared Hillary because of X or Y.

2017-12-16 7:35 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by tuwood

I think the biggest gripe I have with Mueller is his obvious ignoring of anything from anyone who has a D behind their name.  Hillary without a doubt is guilty of multiple felonies and without a doubt colluded with Russia and even personally enriched herself during the uranium deal.  Yet, Mueller burns all his cycles hiring a complete team of anti-trump pro-hillary folks and spends millions of dolllars investigating tax evasion from long before the election and a campaign volunteer who lied in an interview.

It's really frustrating.   At least pretend that you're looking at everything and say that you've cleared Hillary because of X or Y.

Like I said, if there is a case to be made then please investigate HRC.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » FBI Rss Feed