General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Zwift users who want to write Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-26 11:49 AM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: Looking for Zwift users who want to write
There are so many ways to set things up for Zwift for biking and running - I'd like to have a group of people who are using different setups and are able to write about tips and tricks, as well as getting the most out of the software/app.

I have the iphone/Mac/Garmin/Wahoo Kickr Snap setup covered myself.

Please reply if you are using with:
- PC/Droid;
- Other smart trainer,
- direct drive smart trainer
- "dumb" trainer
- Polar
- Wahoo HRM
- Other HRM
- Footpod (any kind)

• .. and you are willing to write once a month or so about technical stuff, mechanical stuff, tips and tricks, and workouts and group rides.

• I'm also looking for feedback about group rides we can plan with BT members.

2017-12-27 10:37 AM
    in reply to: alicefoeller

Subject: RE: Looking for Zwift users who want to write
    Why reinvent the wheel: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/categories/200412459-Knowledge-Ba...
    Also the forums: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/topics
    or Zwift Insider has very useful info: https://zwiftinsider.com/
    There are also Facebook groups.

I am very active on the Zwift Official forums in helping new users out on all different kinds of setups. I started out as a beta tester for BLE, moved to a Smart trainer (Tacx Satori) and now use a 4iiii Power meter. I have connected via ZML BLE and ANT+ on PC and iOS devices. There are not many setups I have not assisted people in getting up in running.

I keep up to date listening to the Zwift Podcast along with reading a post directly from Zwift and Zwift Insiders. I have also been contacted by Zwift personal directly on a few occasions. I kind of know what and when somethings that are going to be released soon (some of it will make triathletes very happy).

I would think it would be better to point people to the Official Zwift Forums, Zwift Insider or Facebook Groups, instead of recreating it here.
    2017-12-27 11:07 AM
    in reply to: L0ST0NE

User image

Expert
    Middle River, Maryland
    Silver member

Alice, I just got my setup working today.

Kurt Kinetic Road Machine "dumb" trainer
    Powertap hub (like the 2009 version)
    Windows 10 low-end Lenovo laptop
    Garmin HRM strap (old school hard one)
    Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor (not sure what Zwift does with that, but it pairs)
    32" Samsung LED TV, connected via HDMI cable to laptop

I'd be happy to share my experience.  The setup had some challenges, which were resolved by advice from the Zwift Riders FB group.

2017-12-29 3:01 PM
    in reply to: L0ST0NE

User image

Master
    Columbus, Ohio
    Coaching member
    That's a fair point. I don't think BT should be the technical support crew for Zwift, and I'll definitely point and link to those resources. I just want us to be part of the excitement and have our members sharing how it's working for them.
    2017-12-31 9:38 AM

User image

I'm using tacx bushido, with an iPad. Still learning as I go. Would be willing to share/post periodically.

Steve
    2018-01-04 12:00 PM

User image

Veteran
    Dayton

I ride my roadie/P2 on a Kurt Kinetic setup with Garmin sensors/HR and a Mac laptop.  Was on TrainerRoad for a while and have switched to Zwift recently to check it out.

2018-01-05 9:25 AM
    in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Expert
    Illinois
    Cyclops Magnus trainer
    HP laptop, Windows 10
    - using a USB cable so that the ANT dongle can lie on the floor next to the trainer
    Garmin heart rate monitor
    32" TV, using HDMI to connect
    Samsung Galaxy with the Zwift Mobile App

It's been a bit of a learning curve. The forums on Zwift are really helpful.
    2018-01-09 2:17 PM
    in reply to: abake

User image

Expert
    Middle River, Maryland
    Silver member

Originally posted by abake Cyclops Magnus trainer HP laptop, Windows 10 - using a USB cable so that the ANT dongle can lie on the floor next to the trainer Garmin heart rate monitor 32" TV, using HDMI to connect Samsung Galaxy with the Zwift Mobile App It's been a bit of a learning curve. The forums on Zwift are really helpful.

I had to do that, too, which doesn't make any sense to me as Trainer Road never had an issue.  Oh, well, it was like $15 so who cares?

2018-01-10 7:22 AM
    in reply to: jmhpsu93

Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by abake Cyclops Magnus trainer HP laptop, Windows 10 - using a USB cable so that the ANT dongle can lie on the floor next to the trainer Garmin heart rate monitor 32" TV, using HDMI to connect Samsung Galaxy with the Zwift Mobile App It's been a bit of a learning curve. The forums on Zwift are really helpful.

I had to do that, too, which doesn't make any sense to me as Trainer Road never had an issue.  Oh, well, it was like $15 so who cares?

Zwift uses a lot more data then TR does, that is why it's needed on most setups.
    2018-03-13 12:49 AM
    in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

De Moine, Iowa
    it's very interesting))
    New Thread
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Zwift users who want to write Rss Feed  
    RELATED POSTS

TriDot Users/Reviews?

Started by linkslefty
    Views: 9133 Posts: 11

2021-04-23 6:54 PM togolese273duhduh

Affordable zwift compatible trainer

Started by jnuger
    Views: 1323 Posts: 12

2017-11-02 2:41 PM gigolfer

Zwift and others?

Started by Oysterboy
    Views: 1365 Posts: 6