Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Worst Christmas present? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-29 5:44 PM

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Subject: Worst Christmas present?
My wife's aunt bought us each an ashtray this year for Christmas. Nevermind that I'm an athlete and neither of us has ever smoked a day in our lived.

What 'great' gifts did you all receive?

2017-12-29 9:05 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Bronze member
Subject: RE: Worst Christmas present?

One year my husbands Grandmother gave me a box with broken coffee mugs and gave him a coffee mug that said "Hot and Sexy" with big red lips on it. No one knew quite what to say when he opened that up! 

2017-12-30 8:44 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by drfoodlove

My wife's aunt bought us each an ashtray this year for Christmas. Nevermind that I'm an athlete and neither of us has ever smoked a day in our lived.

What 'great' gifts did you all receive?

Use it to put your keys and loose change in? Hey I got chicken themed dish towels this year, from my wife .
2017-12-30 10:18 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
One of my students in Vietnam gave me an orchid. I do NOT have a green thumb, am so busy most days that I barely I have time to feed and water myself and my cats, and was about to leave the country for three weeks. Was planning to give it to a boy who said his grandpa is good with them, but I forgot. So it is in my classroom at the mercy of the school cleaners. I don't expect a good result from this.
2018-01-01 9:14 AM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

My family has always gotten the whole clan together for gift opening on Christmas morning. It can get pretty large.

Anyway, many years ago, my then-wife and I were "trying" to get pregnant. She blamed the difficulties on my bike riding and choice of underwear. So, on this particular Christmas, she chose to give me a pair of plaid boxers with a big sperm whale graphic up the side. She even made sure every one was watching when I opened it up. Every one got a big laugh out of that. 

Turns out it wasn't all my fault. And she's now an ex.

2018-01-05 10:13 AM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Pennsylvania

Pajamas.  My not-so-great-at-buying-gifts husband bought me 5 pair of  flannel/fleece PJs (yes, 5) last year for Christmas.  This year he bought me 2 more pair, one of which was made for Hobbits, perhaps.  The pants were total flood water waders on me (granted I am tall and tough to fit but this was worse than usual).  I dutifully washed them, wore them.  He went back to the store and bought me two more pair of pajamas to make up for the one short pair.  (face palm)  For those keeping score, I now have 8 pair (the short pair which I'll give to Goodwill or someone would make 9) of PJs just from the past 2 Christmases.  This is not counting pajamas/night clothes I already owned.  Bless his little heart.  He means well, but...sigh.

2018-01-15 11:00 PM

User image

Wytheville, Virginia
My father is a diabetic patient and one of his friends gifted him a basket full of all the sugary foods and chocolates. That was a really great gift for him.
2018-01-16 6:17 AM
in reply to: ChristopherPalmer

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Orchid update--Apparently one of the cleaners took a shine to it and it was fine three weeks later, but died within a few days after my return. Apparently it didn't like the lower temps and humidity when the AC is on. Or maybe it was just its time.
2018-01-19 9:40 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Pro
Tejas
Chicken themed dish towels, flannel jams and socks. And one of those metal skewer sticks for roasting marshmallows. If this were a contest, I'd have to be in the top three...
2018-01-19 3:10 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by melbo55

Pajamas.  My not-so-great-at-buying-gifts husband bought me 5 pair of  flannel/fleece PJs (yes, 5) last year for Christmas.  This year he bought me 2 more pair, one of which was made for Hobbits, perhaps.  The pants were total flood water waders on me (granted I am tall and tough to fit but this was worse than usual).  I dutifully washed them, wore them.  He went back to the store and bought me two more pair of pajamas to make up for the one short pair.  (face palm)  For those keeping score, I now have 8 pair (the short pair which I'll give to Goodwill or someone would make 9) of PJs just from the past 2 Christmases.  This is not counting pajamas/night clothes I already owned.  Bless his little heart.  He means well, but...sigh.

I got six pair of flannel pajamas this year LOL.  I did need them, though. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Worst Christmas present? Rss Feed