General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Subtle, incremental changes to BT site appearance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2018-01-31 10:23 AM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Subtle, incremental changes to BT site appearance

Originally posted by alicefoeller
Originally posted by StaceyK Hi Alice Would any of these subtle, incremental changes be the reason that the photos that I load into my training log be showing up sideways, or even upside down? I am loading these photos directly from my iPhone into my log. Thanks Stacey
Stacey, no. We've checked into this complaint before and there's nothing on the BT site that is able to rotate images. But we did have another complaint about it before we made any of these changes, so I think it's unrelated for that reason, too. Are you doing this on the mobile site/app? (Obviously, since you said iPhone, but you could also be airdropping the photos or something...)

I think I was the original complainer, all though I've seen many other folks question this in their logs. Stacey it happens to me at random, there is no rhyme or reason and it is not dependent on mobile vs desktop or even browser. I have tried it all. Sometimes photos upload the way they should, other times they are sideways and there is no working around it (I have tried to rotate the opposite direction before uploading to compensate but that doesn't work either). It's a mystery.

2018-01-31 1:25 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Veteran

One work around that works for me is to screenshot the image on my phone properly oriented and then upload. For whatever reason, that always works, but does give the pics a black border from being screenshot. 

2018-02-01 10:17 PM
in reply to: StartingToTri

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Originally posted by StartingToTri

Thanks for the head's up -- I definitely noticed and kept trying to see how I had inadvertently changed my browser settings such it was looking different. It's nice to know that it wasn't me.

ETA:  the font in the inspires is awfully big now. I'd love to see it return down a size or so.

This has happened again? I had been seeing this on my Chromebook at home, but since it didn't happen on Chrome on my Windows machine, I decided it was a personal problem. Now, I'm seeing both on the Chromebook and on my windows machine running Chrome.

You mean we decreased the inspires font but now it is back to being too big?
2018-02-01 10:20 PM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Originally posted by Donto

Alice,

In future updates, IMHO, I think it would be much better to organize the access to the calculators that BT has for users to be available from the TRAINING LOG drop list, e.g. add "My Zones".   Scattered about BT here are two calculators to organize:

1. Cycling Critical Power(FTP) (and HR MLSS) here: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/cycling-zone-calc.asp
  2. HR Zone calculators/zone manager at: User/Setting/Training Log Setting/HR Zone manager (never understood why this had to be 4+ levels deep)

Then perhaps add something for swimming such as a Critical Swim Speed calculator like here http://www.swimsmooth.com/training.html but with adjustable yardage setting.

At the very least it cleans things up a bit for people to use.  Just a thought...

I like this idea. Good thought. I will see the cost/feasibility of doing that. At least we can make the first two easier to find even if we can't do the swim calculator right away.
2018-02-02 6:46 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Chicago 'burbs
Bronze member

Originally posted by alicefoeller

Thanks for the head's up -- I definitely noticed and kept trying to see how I had inadvertently changed my browser settings such it was looking different. It's nice to know that it wasn't me.

ETA:  the font in the inspires is awfully big now. I'd love to see it return down a size or so.

This has happened again? I had been seeing this on my Chromebook at home, but since it didn't happen on Chrome on my Windows machine, I decided it was a personal problem. Now, I'm seeing both on the Chromebook and on my windows machine running Chrome.

You mean we decreased the inspires font but now it is back to being too big?

Up until just the other day, the font size on my windows machine was fine and now it's pretty big. 

Attached is a screen cap that, if it doesn't resize somehow weirdly, will show what I think of as a "big" font...

(bt-bigfont.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
bt-bigfont.PNG (63KB - 11 downloads)
2018-02-17 11:59 AM
in reply to: StartingToTri

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Inspires are visible right away now? Everyone (within reason) is happy with the inspires in the top bar at this point?

2018-02-19 9:16 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by alicefoeller Inspires are visible right away now? Everyone (within reason) is happy with the inspires in the top bar at this point?

Yes, much better! Thanks!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Subtle, incremental changes to BT site appearance Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Change Components or New Bike

Started by fostermutt
Views: 816 Posts: 7

2017-11-20 9:56 AM melbo55

changing pace times on plan?

Started by MuscleMomma
Views: 817 Posts: 7

2017-10-25 7:21 PM kloofyroland

Grats to BT IM Santa Rosa Finishers 7/29

Started by Baowolf