Other Resources The Political Joe » The Great Divide Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-01-18 1:08 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: The Great Divide
I remember as a kid how shocked I was when I realized that just a mere 100 years or so ago there was a US Civil War. How could Americans vary so drastically in their opinions they were willing to kill other Americans over their beliefs?

Not that I see another civil war coming but I do think the pressure behind the dam is building and the timbers are beginning to creak. There is a movement in CA to form a CA 2.0 by splitting off the liberal population centers along the coast from the conservative parts of the state to the east. And of course Texas has rumbled for years about succeeding from the Union.

Obama ran on the notion that he was going to bring America together and just the opposite happened! Trump just seems to strengthen the resolve of both sides. If you hated Trump before, now you really hate him. On the right, if you supported what Trump was saying about America first, illegal immigration, the swamp in DC, etc then you support him even more now that he has done and is doing what he said he'd do.

So were do we go from here? How do we get a congress that does no vote strictly along party lines? Will we ever again be able to trust any news organization? Will college boys ever be able to go out on a date without worrying about being braded a rapist if they have consensual sex? Will black and women ever get equal rights? Uh....I mean, will they ever be treated like white males treat other white males?

Just food for thought.

2018-01-18 2:14 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: The Great Divide

Originally posted by RogillioSo were do we go from here?

I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but I'm going quail hunting in Texas, then the walleye start running in the rivers here, which leads right into Turkey season, which means the crappie spawn is coming.  About thenit's time to start the garden.  In between those there are indoor and then outdoor track meets around the country that my son is racing in, and I've got the twins heading off to college, one in Seattle and the other at Mizzou.

In other words..........pizz on their damn divide.....I've got life going on.  And from what I see looking around from day to day, so does 75% of everyone else.  That 12.5% at both ends who just want to stir the mud, and don't really have anything to live for apparently, can kiss my arse. 

As far as the civil war, or revolution, that may be coming.  I've got time between Turkey season and garden planting.....I figure that's about all the time we'll need to kill all the whiners.

2018-01-18 3:29 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Left Brain

I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but I'm going quail hunting in Texas, then the walleye start running in the rivers here, which leads right into Turkey season, which means the crappie spawn is coming.  About thenit's time to start the garden.  In between those there are indoor and then outdoor track meets around the country that my son is racing in, and I've got the twins heading off to college, one in Seattle and the other at Mizzou.

In other words..........pizz on their damn divide.....I've got life going on.  And from what I see looking around from day to day, so does 75% of everyone else.  That 12.5% at both ends who just want to stir the mud, and don't really have anything to live for apparently, can kiss my arse. 

As far as the civil war, or revolution, that may be coming.  I've got time between Turkey season and garden planting.....I figure that's about all the time we'll need to kill all the whiners.

I'm too busy picking up horse shiite to run off to war.
2018-01-18 3:44 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mdg2003

I'm too busy picking up horse shiite to run off to war.

Nobody up here is going to war......they just want a reason to fill up some coolers and drive around shooting "revolutionaries".  It shouldn't take longer than a few days to get straightened out. LOL

2018-01-18 3:53 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

Yeah, I’ve got mine too and would be happy living off the grid the last 20 years of my life hunting and fishing and gardening....but what type of societital CF are we leaving our children and grandchildren? Guess they will have to deal with the mess and debt we left them.

But you never know what the future holds. WWIII can start and unite the country. Global warming may cause the tides to rise and I may finnally have a beach house! NK and/or Iran could spark nuclear war. Or we might just continue on as a divided country....
2018-01-18 3:58 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio

Yeah, I’ve got mine too and would be happy living off the grid the last 20 years of my life hunting and fishing and gardening....but what type of societital CF are we leaving our children and grandchildren? Guess they will have to deal with the mess and debt we left them. But you never know what the future holds. WWIII can start and unite the country. Global warming may cause the tides to rise and I may finnally have a beach house! NK and/or Iran could spark nuclear war. Or we might just continue on as a divided country....

I remember the 60's and we were just as divided....my parents wondered what they were leaving us.....the pendulum ALWAYS swings back.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » The Great Divide Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

The Great Divide

Started by Rogillio
Views: 572 Posts: 7

2017-02-22 6:55 AM Rogillio