General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hoosier Triathlete Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-01-21 9:53 PM

Subject: Hoosier Triathlete
Hello all!

I am a newly minted triathlete who will be completing my second round of triathlons this coming summer! I did the Go Girl Triathlon at Eagle Creek in Indianapolis, and the Mighty Mississinewa Triathlon near Wabash, IN last summer (they were both sprints). I was incredibly slow, but I crossed the finish line twice! This season, I'm looking to improve my time and even see if I can compete. I would also like to throw in a half-marathon near the end of the season. I am not naturally a runner, a cyclist, or a swimmer (although I try to call myself all three to build confidence). I do this purely to challenge myself.

I'm half excited and half terrified to try again. I'm hoping that I can pick up some great tips from this site!

2018-01-23 10:30 AM
in reply to: hbourne

Subject: RE: Hoosier Triathlete
Originally posted by hbourne

Hello all!

I am a newly minted triathlete who will be completing my second round of triathlons this coming summer! I did the Go Girl Triathlon at Eagle Creek in Indianapolis, and the Mighty Mississinewa Triathlon near Wabash, IN last summer (they were both sprints). I was incredibly slow, but I crossed the finish line twice! This season, I'm looking to improve my time and even see if I can compete. I would also like to throw in a half-marathon near the end of the season. I am not naturally a runner, a cyclist, or a swimmer (although I try to call myself all three to build confidence). I do this purely to challenge myself.

I'm half excited and half terrified to try again. I'm hoping that I can pick up some great tips from this site!

No reason to be terrified, the first one's out of the way. Embrace the obsession. I'm more than convinced that obsessive types enjoy tri because you can let your obsessive flag fly. And to some degree, it "helps". At the very least nobody looks at you funny when you do.
2018-01-24 10:35 AM
in reply to: hbourne

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
Subject: RE: Hoosier Triathlete

Originally posted by hbourne

Hello all!

Hi there!  Congrats on finishing a couple of Sprints.  Welcome to Beginner Triathlete and the wacky world of Triathlon!  I'd love to invite you to join us in the Gray Guy/Gals Mentor Group.  Contrary to what the name implies we are open to anyone. The mentor groups are designed to help newer triathletes (and more than a few seasoned pros) to get questions answered, provide motivation, and help with accountability.  We have a couple of brand new triathletes in our group so you will fit right in.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hoosier Triathlete Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Couch potato/Nurse to triathlete in the working!

Started by gennarkis
Views: 769 Posts: 2

2017-07-16 4:11 PM triosaurus

So I decided to be a triathlete...

Started by gigolfer
Views: 788 Posts: 4

2017-06-23 1:56 AM saralguinn

From obese to triathlete

Started by Diablosi05
Views: 2198 Posts: 5

2017-09-05 2:14 PM jhaack39

First time triathlete. NB canada