Other Resources The Political Joe » Love those weapons! AR-15s and Smoke Grenades!! Yay!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2018-02-16 8:07 AM
in reply to: TheCrownsOwn

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Love those weapons! AR-15s and Smoke Grenades!! Yay!!!
Originally posted by TheCrownsOwn

Did anyone read the report from the CDC?

Basic security for a school makes sense. For a number of reasons,not necessarily for a shooting event. Locked perimeter doors, a security plan in place, controlled access at the main entrance, etc. In Ontario, under the Education Act, teachers..and the school have a standard of liability when your kid is put under their care. So they need to ensure strangers arnt wandering the halls, or have any access to the school without permission, etc.

However...the reality is..if someone wants to get into a school they are going to get in. Windows are glass....

As for the cost/benefit analysis for security for the actual number of people involved in a mass shooting event..you may not like the answer. Because media hype aside, it doesnt warrant the wild protection discussed. Mass shootings simply don't produce the number of deaths tha would warrant massive investment. Per the CDC report...that money should be invested elsewhere to prevent more deaths.

I do a lot of work for several school board in SW Ontario, my wife and brother are teachers. Every school has a plan for a variety of emergencies. A lock down is just one of many. A lot of the security measures implemented in the last decade (mag locks on front doors, etc.) are more for optics and a deterent than a real security measure. Scientific American and Psychology Today have written some great articles on what to do and what happens in a mass tragedy including a shooting. The "shelter in place" conventional thought is evolving into something more....

Tell that to the TSA! How many trillion dollars have we squandered making it 'safer' to fly.

2018-02-16 9:59 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by TheCrownsOwn Did anyone read the report from the CDC? Basic security for a school makes sense. For a number of reasons,not necessarily for a shooting event. Locked perimeter doors, a security plan in place, controlled access at the main entrance, etc. In Ontario, under the Education Act, teachers..and the school have a standard of liability when your kid is put under their care. So they need to ensure strangers arnt wandering the halls, or have any access to the school without permission, etc. However...the reality is..if someone wants to get into a school they are going to get in. Windows are glass.... As for the cost/benefit analysis for security for the actual number of people involved in a mass shooting event..you may not like the answer. Because media hype aside, it doesnt warrant the wild protection discussed. Mass shootings simply don't produce the number of deaths tha would warrant massive investment. Per the CDC report...that money should be invested elsewhere to prevent more deaths. I do a lot of work for several school board in SW Ontario, my wife and brother are teachers. Every school has a plan for a variety of emergencies. A lock down is just one of many. A lot of the security measures implemented in the last decade (mag locks on front doors, etc.) are more for optics and a deterent than a real security measure. Scientific American and Psychology Today have written some great articles on what to do and what happens in a mass tragedy including a shooting. The "shelter in place" conventional thought is evolving into something more....
Tell that to the TSA! How many trillion dollars have we squandered making it 'safer' to fly.

I don't know about safer......but it sure put the squash on all the cash we used to seize (and keep) from drug proceeds being flown all over the world.

That's what most people never get because they don't get all of the information (gun laws/sales/etc included)......everything is multi-layered in a free society.....you really can't have your cake and eat it too.

BUT....it sure gives the whiners of the world plenty to work with.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-16 10:02 AM
2018-02-16 10:16 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by TheCrownsOwn Did anyone read the report from the CDC? Basic security for a school makes sense. For a number of reasons,not necessarily for a shooting event. Locked perimeter doors, a security plan in place, controlled access at the main entrance, etc. In Ontario, under the Education Act, teachers..and the school have a standard of liability when your kid is put under their care. So they need to ensure strangers arnt wandering the halls, or have any access to the school without permission, etc. However...the reality is..if someone wants to get into a school they are going to get in. Windows are glass.... As for the cost/benefit analysis for security for the actual number of people involved in a mass shooting event..you may not like the answer. Because media hype aside, it doesnt warrant the wild protection discussed. Mass shootings simply don't produce the number of deaths tha would warrant massive investment. Per the CDC report...that money should be invested elsewhere to prevent more deaths. I do a lot of work for several school board in SW Ontario, my wife and brother are teachers. Every school has a plan for a variety of emergencies. A lock down is just one of many. A lot of the security measures implemented in the last decade (mag locks on front doors, etc.) are more for optics and a deterent than a real security measure. Scientific American and Psychology Today have written some great articles on what to do and what happens in a mass tragedy including a shooting. The "shelter in place" conventional thought is evolving into something more....

I don't know about safer......but it sure put the squash on all the cash we used to seize (and keep) from drug proceeds being flown all over the world.

That's what most people never get because they don't get all of the information (gun laws/sales/etc included)......everything is multi-layered in a free society.....you really can't have your cake and eat it too.

After 9/11 a co-worker/friend of mine said her mom had a solution to flying to keep us all safe. She said, "Everyone just needs to fly naked!" My friend was shocked! All these years later and she and I still laugh about that. Recently some nut took off all his clothes at the TSA checkpoint. I sent the picture to my friend and told her that her mom's idea was finally put in place.

I figure 99.999% of the TSA effort is simply to make people 'feel' safer....when in reality, if someone wanted to take down a commercial airliner, a shoulder fired Redeye missile would do the trick....despite you having to take your shoes off and empty your pockets and get your full body scanned.

But shhhhh, don't tell that to anyone.

Edited by Rogillio 2018-02-16 10:17 AM
2018-02-16 11:05 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas

After 9/11 a co-worker/friend of mine said her mom had a solution to flying to keep us all safe. She said, "Everyone just needs to fly naked!" My friend was shocked! All these years later and she and I still laugh about that. Recently some nut took off all his clothes at the TSA checkpoint. I sent the picture to my friend and told her that her mom's idea was finally put in place.

I figure 99.999% of the TSA effort is simply to make people 'feel' safer....when in reality, if someone wanted to take down a commercial airliner, a shoulder fired Redeye missile would do the trick....despite you having to take your shoes off and empty your pockets and get your full body scanned.

But shhhhh, don't tell that to anyone.

I'm not going to rant about TSA. For all their downside and there is a lot, they do create the illusion of security. It's worked too. Same would go for our schools. Create the illusion that you might get off one round before getting dropped and it'll deter most, if not all of these shootings.

And getting into the airport… yeah, I could put a bomb on every single airliner scheduled to leave my station in the morning. Not just my airline, all of them. I could punch out, go home, pack and disappear before shiite started dropping from the sky. The next day, camera footage would reveal my identity. If I wanted to get away with it and remain in position, it would take a little more planning on my part to avoid the cameras seeing who I am or at least hide my identity with a disguise.

Nothing is ever going to be truly safe. Every armed conflict in the history of warfare has proven that. You just have to learn to keep the amateurs out and that's what these psychos are.
2018-02-16 11:54 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
"Nothing is ever going to be truly safe."

True dat! If you take away guns people will simply come up with new ways to kill innocent, unsuspecting people.
2018-02-16 12:10 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy ...18 school shootings in 36 days...one every two days...Makin' America Great Again! ...

Lies, damn lies, and statistics...

https://www.facebook.com/newsbusters/videos/1792895810733459/

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/16/florida-massacre-no-there-have-not-been-18-school-shootings-in-2018-heres-why-thats-all-wrong.html

2018-02-16 12:14 PM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by Rogillio ...IDK, the thing to do is put out a RFP or request for proposal to industry and let them come up with ideas. Or award study contracts and allow companies to study schools and come up with suggestions on how to secure them. ...

I've seen proposals put out in the last couple days for utilizing our military under B Billets... Here's one off another forum:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

I am writing you to express my concern regarding the recent shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida and to offer a potential action that could be taken to help secure our schools.

I am a staunch supporter of the second amendment and I agree with the SCOTUS’ interpretation of the 2nd as an individual right. As a United States Marine (former), I also fully understand the power and responsibility that comes with firearms and their ownership.

That being said, I believe we have a responsibility to protect our fellow citizens from all threats, both foreign and domestic, and, in good faith, work together to find viable solutions to the problems that we face as a nation.

With that, I propose the following:

In the Marine Corps., and I assume the other branches, there are what are called B Billets. If you’re not familiar, these are temporary assignments for a specific purpose. There are three main ones; Drill Instructor, Recruiter, and MSG. My proposal is to add a fourth billet across all of the branches or to expand MSG to include all of the branches and a school protection detail.

By doing the above we would be able to utilize our highly trained service members as a protective force providing our students, faculties, and administrations both a sense of security and a skilled response unit should the need arise. This proposition also has the added benefit of utilizing resources that we are already paying for limiting the need for additional resources from a budgetary standpoint.

I estimate you would need roughly 280-420 thousand troops, depending on the number of troops placed per in each school, at any given time to support this initiative. Perhaps you could augment any shortage in troops with veteran volunteers.

While the above won’t solve the underlying issues, it should help to mitigate the losses a deranged lunatic would otherwise inflict on our schools. It would also give our politicians a chance to analyze and craft effect legislation to attack the underlying root cause(s) of this problem.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
XXXXXX
Semper Fi

2018-02-16 12:24 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Pro
Tejas
responding to Dave, dropped the quotes to minimize post size!

That's an option. But immediately thought of Fort Hood shooting. Nobody there was armed either. Can you imagine the fallout from seeing armed military roaming schools? Again, it's a viable solution, but liberal heads would have a 'police state' meltdown. Oh, and Marines + young ladies. What could possibly go wrong there?

2018-02-16 12:43 PM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by mdg2003

Oh, and Marines + young ladies. What could possibly go wrong there?

A parallel proposal is to utilize retired military and (trained) parent volunteers.

2018-02-16 12:54 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Pro

So the military is trying to take our off-duty security work from us, huh?  Whores!!!

2018-02-16 2:58 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

Attachments
----------------
9C0E7138-197F-425D-BA41-D7239467E264.jpeg (115KB - 17 downloads)

2018-02-16 3:47 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Looked like that at my HS. Never saw the ever present Buck knife come out during a fight either.
2018-02-16 3:54 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Attachments
----------------
516DF7B0-4AC0-4E91-B61C-E9682147D163.jpeg (150KB - 10 downloads)
2018-02-16 7:02 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

At this point it's a security issue.....forget about reigning in guns or making more laws so guns are harder to get.  GUNS ARE REALLY EASY TO GET BECAUSE THERE ARE 500,000,000 OR MORE OF THEM IN OUR SOCIETY.  It's time to stop arguing about the availability of guns, that horse has left the barn and isn't coming back.  We need to have serious discussions and then implement serious security measures at our schools.  The rest of the noise is just that, more noise.

Yes, yes, yes! An armed guard in every room! Perhaps trained attack dogs roaming the halls! Forget school buses, we need tanks! U S A !!! U S A !!! How bout some bayonet tips on teachers' rifles to "gently convince" those who refuse to stand for the Pledge, to stand for the Pledge! MAGA!

Bro, I know you're emotional and I get it......but don't lose sight of the fact that gun sales and gun ownership grew under President Obama at a rate that was greater than at any other time in our history. MAGA indeed!

And I don't see a point of having an armed guard in every room, and dogs are better suited to hugs, but I can get behind prodding people to stand for the flag with a bayonet. My Grandpa, who fought his way across Tarawa with a bayonet, would have loved the poetic justice of a  gesture toward someone so ungrateful that they can't get off their arse to honor the flag of the country that allows them to freely be wherever they are sitting on their lazy arses.

As for as a solution to these school shootings, we can probably have a decent discussion after you are through with the vapors.....I'll wait on you.

Left Brain, you're smart enough to know why gun ownership exploded during Obama's tenure.
Faux News and the NRA scared people into thinking the Leftist bogeymen were going to outlaw guns... (a complete lie)
Brilliant marketing ...and the marks lapped it up.

btw, not standing for the Pledge isn't necessarily about being lazy, and it usually isn't about dishonoring veterans.
I grew up around several Jehova's Witnesses. Not one stood for the Pledge, and nobody puffed out their ultra-patriotic chests about it.

You want dishonoring our military? Look no further than the chicken hawk sitting in the White House. Deferments for heel spurs? Riiiight. "I like my war heroes who don't get captured." Jesus Christ, at least call a spade a spade, and a scumbag a scumbag.
2018-02-16 7:09 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Jesus Christ, at least call a spade a spade, and a scumbag a scumbag.

Reminds me of an old joke.

The Mother Superior went to the construction site next to her Order's convent and sought out the Foreman. Once found she began to dress him down for the loud, foul language being used on the site, and express her umbrage that she and the Sisters were being exposed to these crudities.

The Foreman stood his ground. He told the Sister that while he sympathized, he was not running a finishing school and that all he required of the men working for him was a good day's work for a good day's pay.

He told her he was not going to speak to the men, and advised her to remember that construction workers were hard-working laborers who "call a spade a spade".

The Mother Superior drew herself to her full height and said "No, they don't! They call it a f*****g shovel!"

Edited by mdg2003 2018-02-16 7:09 PM
2018-02-16 8:50 PM

User image

Pro

CD - Bro, if I call Obama a spade will your head explode? 

2018-02-16 10:52 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
After 8 years of 'you DON'T need military service to be the POTUS' , now it's become relevant. Ahh the frivolity of the left, consistently inconsistent.

And no, you can't call him a f*****g spade.

Edited by mdg2003 2018-02-16 10:54 PM
2018-02-17 7:18 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

The Mother Superior went to the construction site next to her Order's convent and sought out the Foreman. Once found she began to dress him down for the loud, foul language being used on the site, and express her umbrage that she and the Sisters were being exposed to these crudities.

The Foreman stood his ground. He told the Sister that while he sympathized, he was not running a finishing school and that all he required of the men working for him was a good day's work for a good day's pay.

He told her he was not going to speak to the men, and advised her to remember that construction workers were hard-working laborers who "call a spade a spade".

The Mother Superior drew herself to her full height and said "No, they don't! They call it a f*****g shovel!"

Yeah, those construction guys use some course language. A young boy spent all day watching the men at the construction site. He came home and said to his mother, “Mama that picture frame is out of plum. Raise up the right side jeeeest a c*nt hair”. She was shocked and said, “You filthy mouthed kid, go get me a switch!” He said, “FU, that’s the electrician’s job.”

Edited by Rogillio 2018-02-17 7:20 AM
2018-02-17 10:06 AM

User image

Elite

After 8 years of 'you DON'T need military service to be the POTUS' , now it's become relevant. Ahh the frivolity of the left, consistently inconsistent.

And no, you can't call him a f*****g spade.

Military service isn't a requirement to be POTUS, nor should it be.
Evading military service in a time of war IS a red flag, and even a left o' center fellow like me knows it.
It's even worse when this chicken hawk wraps himself in the flag and tries calling out others for not loving their country and supporting the military.
You don't call this out because it contradicts everything you stand for.

It's similar to the situation right-wing evangelicals deal with every day. They support a man who has cheated on each one of his three wives. They support a man who endorsed a pedophile for a US Senate position (almost won too, because it's Alabama, and Democrat is just sliiightly less worse than pedophile there)...and, let's not forget the almost 20 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct...oh, right, they are ALL liars, all bought and paid for by Deep State operatives, right?

The 2018 interims can't get here fast enough.

2018-02-17 11:06 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Yeah, those construction guys use some course language. A young boy spent all day watching the men at the construction site. He came home and said to his mother, “Mama that picture frame is out of plum. Raise up the right side jeeeest a c*nt hair”. She was shocked and said, “You filthy mouthed kid, go get me a switch!” He said, “FU, that’s the electrician’s job.”

That's another favorite of mine.
2018-02-17 11:11 AM

User image

Pro

I remember that evading military service to fight in Vietnam made you a hero to the left.......what the hell happened?

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-17 11:13 AM

2018-02-17 11:38 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Evading military service in a time of war IS a red flag, and even a left o' center fellow like me knows it.
It's even worse when this chicken hawk wraps himself in the flag and tries calling out others for not loving their country and supporting the military.

It's similar to the situation right-wing evangelicals deal with every day. They support a man who has cheated on each one of his three wives. They support a man who endorsed a pedophile for a US Senate position (almost won too, because it's Alabama, and Democrat is just sliiightly less worse than pedophile there)...and, let's not forget the almost 20 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct...oh, right, they are ALL liars, all bought and paid for by Deep State operatives, right?

My point was that obama never served. Mentioning it for the last 8 years resulted in being told it was irrelevant. Go back to Clinton, look at the BS he pulled to avoid service. Again, we're told it didn't matter. Now a republican sits in the office and military service matters. Inconsistent, that's all.

Don't tell me what contradicts what I stand for. You're guessing, because you've stereotyped me.

Right wing evangelicals… don't get me started. I'm not one of them. Stereotyped me again there I guess.

Roy Moore… seriously slimy, but at the time Trump endorsed him, it was all allegations. I believe all those problems died after he lost the election. That's political douchbaggery dutifully carried along by the media. Is Moore still under fire? I don't know; coverage died immediately after the loss.

Sexual misconduct? Again, you're throwing stones from a glass house. We both deserve better from our politicians. So far, nothing has stuck to Trump. Clinton and the blew dress; Hillary and her role of covering up all the BS he pulled over decades WHILE in public office. SO far Trump hasn't done anything while he is serving this country. THAT is a major difference for me. I don't like the allegations, but so far thats all it is. I can live with it.

Interims? Assuming spell check took that from you and you intended to write midterms? I predict the democrats lose even more ground. The DNC just took one in the azz yesterday with the Mueller witch hunt. That won't matter to the far left or far right voter. It will matter to the folks that vote from center left and center right. The people that take the time to be informed on the issues and news. People that are intelligent enough to ignore party narrative and talking points from CNNFOXMSNBC. People like me.

Forgot to ask. How do you seriously bring to question any women's rights issues when you idolize a documented woman beater? No gray area here, Ax is a cowardly little btich that hits women. How is it possible that you are concerned for women that bring up allegations against Trump, yet you turn a blind eye when it comes to your boy Rose? That's inconsistent outrage dude. Change your avatar and sigline. Otherwise, all I'm hearing is inconsistent party narrative.

Edited by mdg2003 2018-02-17 11:46 AM
2018-02-17 11:47 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

I remember that evading military service to fight in Vietnam made you a hero to the left.......what the hell happened?

That's weird, huh?
2018-02-17 7:39 PM

User image

Elite

My point was that obama never served. Mentioning it for the last 8 years resulted in being told it was irrelevant. Go back to Clinton, look at the BS he pulled to avoid service. Again, we're told it didn't matter. Now a republican sits in the office and military service matters. Inconsistent, that's all.

Don't tell me what contradicts what I stand for. You're guessing, because you've stereotyped me.

Right wing evangelicals… don't get me started. I'm not one of them. Stereotyped me again there I guess.

Roy Moore… seriously slimy, but at the time Trump endorsed him, it was all allegations. I believe all those problems died after he lost the election. That's political douchbaggery dutifully carried along by the media. Is Moore still under fire? I don't know; coverage died immediately after the loss.

Sexual misconduct? Again, you're throwing stones from a glass house. We both deserve better from our politicians. So far, nothing has stuck to Trump. Clinton and the blew dress; Hillary and her role of covering up all the BS he pulled over decades WHILE in public office. SO far Trump hasn't done anything while he is serving this country. THAT is a major difference for me. I don't like the allegations, but so far thats all it is. I can live with it.

Interims? Assuming spell check took that from you and you intended to write midterms? I predict the democrats lose even more ground. The DNC just took one in the azz yesterday with the Mueller witch hunt. That won't matter to the far left or far right voter. It will matter to the folks that vote from center left and center right. The people that take the time to be informed on the issues and news. People that are intelligent enough to ignore party narrative and talking points from CNNFOXMSNBC. People like me.

Forgot to ask. How do you seriously bring to question any women's rights issues when you idolize a documented woman beater? No gray area here, Ax is a cowardly little btich that hits women. How is it possible that you are concerned for women that bring up allegations against Trump, yet you turn a blind eye when it comes to your boy Rose? That's inconsistent outrage dude. Change your avatar and sigline. Otherwise, all I'm hearing is inconsistent party narrative.

Yeah, what a coward. Obama could have been a child soldier in Nam, what a wuss.
Say what ya want about Clinton. I didn't vote for him. Personally, he was just as scummy as the dirtbag most of you helped elect in '16.
"Nothing has stuck to Trump." Yeah, no payoffs. No non-disclosure agreements. No signs his wife wants nothing to do with him.
Multiple accusations of sexual misconduct...almost 20 women, obviously all bought and paid for by a conspiracy.

Roy Moore, yeah, nothing proven. mdg, you crack me up.

btw, you've got quite the hard-on for Axl. Did Axl "date" your mom or something? Sorry he brought her home past curfew.
I stick by my statement, he'd have no problem getting hired to work in this White House.
btw, the same sleazebag in office, your hero Trump, actually wanted to hang with Axl back in the day. Axl didn't give this sh!tbag the time of day.
Seeing the Trump pinata getting smacked around at a GNR show in Mexico City after the election was quite hilarious.

hugs and kisses!

2018-02-17 9:32 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Yeah, what a coward. Obama could have been a child soldier in Nam, what a wuss.
Say what ya want about Clinton. I didn't vote for him. Personally, he was just as scummy as the dirtbag most of you helped elect in '16.
"Nothing has stuck to Trump." Yeah, no payoffs. No non-disclosure agreements. No signs his wife wants nothing to do with him.
Multiple accusations of sexual misconduct...almost 20 women, obviously all bought and paid for by a conspiracy.

Roy Moore, yeah, nothing proven. mdg, you crack me up.

btw, you've got quite the hard-on for Axl. Did Axl "date" your mom or something? Sorry he brought her home past curfew.
I stick by my statement, he'd have no problem getting hired to work in this White House.
btw, the same sleazebag in office, your hero Trump, actually wanted to hang with Axl back in the day. Axl didn't give this sh!tbag the time of day.
Seeing the Trump pinata getting smacked around at a GNR show in Mexico City after the election was quite hilarious.

hugs and kisses!

Jeepers Amigo, where to start? Slow down and read what I wrote. Nobody expected obama to fight in VN. I can explain it again, but I can't make you understand it, so I'll just drop it.

Your next point was confusing, I don't understand "No signs his wife wants nothing to do with him." So, I'll put that down as vapor lock.

So it's Axl, not Axle or Axel. I learned something here at least. Since you've retreated to the the 'Yo mama' defense of your position, I'll take it that you've conceded the point. Done, that was easy.

You've mistaken me for a Trump fan. I'm not. Read my posts, he gives me gas. I love my bigger paycheck, nice crumbs eh Nans? But I'll refrain from judging his success or failure after his second term.

Cheers Brah...

Edited by mdg2003 2018-02-17 9:34 PM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Love those weapons! AR-15s and Smoke Grenades!! Yay!!! Rss Feed  

of 5