Other Resources The Political Joe » Love those weapons! AR-15s and Smoke Grenades!! Yay!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2018-02-17 10:03 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: Love those weapons! AR-15s and Smoke Grenades!! Yay!!!
Oh, just thought of something. What exactly are you suggesting Axl would get hired to do in the WH? Beat up the female interns? The little ones of course, nothing over 100 lbs or he'd be fighting above his weight class.

2018-02-18 2:21 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Just heard Rush on Fox News say the next shooter is out there and probably already has guns. He said the only way to stop this is to allow concealed carry in schools. He said every federal entity in the country is protected by armed guards....but we have no protection for school childrEn. I think Rush read my post on BT last week.
2018-02-18 2:35 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Originally posted by mdg2003

Oh, just thought of something. What exactly are you suggesting Axl would get hired to do in the WH? Beat up the female interns? The little ones of course, nothing over 100 lbs or he'd be fighting above his weight class.

Holy cow. Talk about obsessed with Axl Rose, easy now!
  • ..and speaking of making assumptions...I don't "idolize" anyone. Axl is not my "hero."
  • He is an incredibly talented musician, and the best voice (in my opinion) in the history of rock.
    To each his own.
    (as for what his job responsibilities would be...perhaps take care of the women who Rob Porter hasn't punched yet?)

As for the AR-15s and smoke grenades, nothing's gonna change.
    You've gotta be 21 to get a beer...but 18 is old enough to buy an AR-15. What a country.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy 2018-02-18 2:41 PM
    2018-02-18 2:39 PM
    in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Elite
    Originally posted by Rogillio

Just heard Rush on Fox News say the next shooter is out there and probably already has guns. He said the only way to stop this is to allow concealed carry in schools. He said every federal entity in the country is protected by armed guards....but we have no protection for school childrEn. I think Rush read my post on BT last week.

Why stop there!
    How about mandatory concealed carry for Boy Scouts, Honors students, maybe 16 year olds? Hey, they're old enough to drive!
    The more guns the better...and don't forget the ammo! Every desk should be stocked with plenty of ammo.
    Posted snipers on the school-tops.
    Tell the parents not to get too weirded out when these retired military men are patting down their kids.
    Sounds sensible, eh?
    2018-02-18 2:49 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
    Alabama
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Originally posted by Rogillio

Why stop there!
    How about mandatory concealed carry for Boy Scouts, Honors students, maybe 16 year olds? Hey, they're old enough to drive!
    The more guns the better...and don't forget the ammo! Every desk should be stocked with plenty of ammo.
    Posted snipers on the school-tops.
    Tell the parents not to get too weirded out when these retired military men are patting down their kids.
    Sounds sensible, eh?

Arm teachers and facility and security guards not the students. SMH.

The reality is you will never keep guns out of the hands of people who want guns. Too many guns in America. You think someone intent on a mass shooting is going to not rob houses looking for guns because robbery is illegal?

Find a house with a muddy 4wd pickup and odds are 10 to 1 there are guns in the house.
    2018-02-18 2:52 PM

User image

Pro

My kids who still attend High School for another year are wondering why there can't be more and better armed cops at their school, and all schools.....good guys with guns doesn't bother or scare them.  Why would it?

Sit down CD, because this is gonna make your knees weak......I gave my son a 9mm pistol for his 19th B-day....that's the legal age for him to carry a concealed weapon in our state.  I've got 2 more lowers for AR-15 builds in my safe....one of them will be for him on his 21st b-day......and both of my twin daughters will be armed at 19 as well. (when they want to be) They like shooting.....it's fun.  Since I have unlimited access to an indoor range we usually go once a month or so.

Forget guns going away......the constitution guarantees that won't happen. Live with it....that little amendment was put there precisely so the govt. couldn't do it....and believe me when I tell you it will never happen.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-18 2:54 PM

2018-02-18 2:59 PM
    in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
    Alabama
    Originally posted by Left Brain

My kids who still attend High School for another year are wondering why there can't be more and better armed cops at their school, and all schools.....good guys with guns doesn't bother or scare them.  Why would it?

Sit down CD, because this is gonna make your knees weak......I gave my son a 9mm pistol for his 19th B-day....that's the legal age for him to carry a concealed weapon in our state.  I've got 2 more lowers for AR-15 builds in my safe....one of them will be for him on his 21st b-day......and both of my twin daughters will be armed at 19 as well. (when they want to be) They like shooting.....it's fun.  Since I have unlimited access to an indoor range we usually go once a month or so.

Forget guns going away......the constitution guarantees that won't happen. Live with it....that little amendment was put there precisely so the govt. couldn't do it....and believe me when I tell you it will never happen.

We live in a subdivision in the country about 1/10 of a mile from the city limits. We shoot in our backyard. About 2 or 3 times a week we hear our neighbors out shooting. I have my son a 12 gauge shotgun for his 16th BD. I have more guns than most people have socks....and so do most people I work with.
    2018-02-18 3:17 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

• ..and speaking of making assumptions...I don't "idolize" anyone. Axl is not my "hero."

• I'm obsessed?

(ifvckingloveAxlRosesomuchithurts.jpg)

Attachments
    ----------------
    ifvckingloveAxlRosesomuchithurts.jpg (41KB - 9 downloads)
    2018-02-18 3:27 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

• I'm obsessed?

Sorry, can't take it anymore. I loved GnR when they came out. They were the real effking deal hard rock band of the decade IMO. I can't recall going to a party that someone didn't crank Appetite for Destruction all the way up to 11. Slash being so f****d up that he couldn't stand, so they had to prop him up for photoshoots. The real GAF attitude and hard charging lifestyle we expected from bands. I can't argue against that voice being one of the top five all time rock band vocals either.

Just pullin yer chain a little and we got way off target of your OP. So, what is your viable solution to these mass shootings?
    2018-02-18 3:41 PM

User image

Pro

Holy cow. Talk about obsessed with Axl Rose, easy now! ...and speaking of making assumptions...I don't "idolize" anyone. Axl is not my "hero."
    I'm obsessed?
    Sorry, can't take it anymore. I loved GnR when they came out. They were the real effking deal hard rock band of the decade IMO. I can't recall going to a party that someone didn't crank Appetite for Destruction all the way up to 11. Slash being so f****d up that he couldn't stand, so they had to prop him up for photoshoots. The real GAF attitude and hard charging lifestyle we expected from bands. I can't argue against that voice being one of the top five all time rock band vocals either. Just pullin yer chain a little and we got way off target of your OP. So, what is your viable solution to these mass shootings?

Add to that.....I was at the biggest rock and roll riot of our time after Rose dove into the crowd to get a camera and all hell broke lose.  The fight was so crazy for awhile that we were pulling our patches and name tags off our shirts and just fighting our way across the parking lot.  When it was all over we sat on hoods of cars with some of the guys we had been fighting a few hours earlier and just shook our heads and laughed at the craziness of it.  It was a good night to be a young cop or a rock and roll fan.....common ground indeed. 

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-18 3:43 PM
    2018-02-18 5:35 PM

User image

Elite

Holy cow. Talk about obsessed with Axl Rose, easy now! ...and speaking of making assumptions...I don't "idolize" anyone. Axl is not my "hero."
    I'm obsessed?
    Sorry, can't take it anymore. I loved GnR when they came out. They were the real effking deal hard rock band of the decade IMO. I can't recall going to a party that someone didn't crank Appetite for Destruction all the way up to 11. Slash being so f****d up that he couldn't stand, so they had to prop him up for photoshoots. The real GAF attitude and hard charging lifestyle we expected from bands. I can't argue against that voice being one of the top five all time rock band vocals either. Just pullin yer chain a little and we got way off target of your OP. So, what is your viable solution to these mass shootings?

Add to that.....I was at the biggest rock and roll riot of our time after Rose dove into the crowd to get a camera and all hell broke lose.  The fight was so crazy for awhile that we were pulling our patches and name tags off our shirts and just fighting our way across the parking lot.  When it was all over we sat on hoods of cars with some of the guys we had been fighting a few hours earlier and just shook our heads and laughed at the craziness of it.  It was a good night to be a young cop or a rock and roll fan.....common ground indeed. 

It's all good, no hard feelings.
    As for more common ground, I liked the recent news story I heard about food stamps/welfare reform.
    It's actually something I had espoused many years ago...the bundle (they used a box) of food staples.
    Nothing glamorous. Nothing excessive. Just enough food to keep folks alive and healthy.
    Food stamps reform is a home run issue if Republicans play it right.
    Playing the game of cutting folks off completely is just vengeful and politically stupid.

Now, as for mass shootings...AR-15s serve no useful purpose and sure as hell were not envisioned by our Founding Fathers.
    If I had my way (which I'll never get), I'd help ensure companies who produce these weapons can get their arses sued by victims' families.

Needless to say, if your weapon is used in an atrocity like this, your fate will be the same as the shooter, no questions asked.

Outlaw unlicensed firearms.

Not that it applied in this latest shooting, but when the shooters are children, mandatory life sentences at the very least for those involved...WITH required decades-long sentences for the sperm and egg donors that created the monsters responsible for the shooting. I like the idea that if parents wanna blame society for their kids' problems, maybe, just maybe this will be a gentle prodding for them to parent their children because if they don't, they'll partially be on the hook for what they do.

Would this solve the problem? No. Does it have the potential to help? I think so.

2018-02-18 5:51 PM

User image

Pro

I'm obsessed?

It's all good, no hard feelings. As for more common ground, I liked the recent news story I heard about food stamps/welfare reform. It's actually something I had espoused many years ago...the bundle (they used a box) of food staples. Nothing glamorous. Nothing excessive. Just enough food to keep folks alive and healthy. Food stamps reform is a home run issue if Republicans play it right. Playing the game of cutting folks off completely is just vengeful and politically stupid. Now, as for mass shootings...AR-15s serve no useful purpose and sure as hell were not envisioned by our Founding Fathers. If I had my way (which I'll never get), I'd help ensure companies who produce these weapons can get their arses sued by victims' families. Needless to say, if your weapon is used in an atrocity like this, your fate will be the same as the shooter, no questions asked. Outlaw unlicensed firearms. Not that it applied in this latest shooting, but when the shooters are children, mandatory life sentences at the very least for those involved...WITH required decades-long sentences for the sperm and egg donors that created the monsters responsible for the shooting. I like the idea that if parents wanna blame society for their kids' problems, maybe, just maybe this will be a gentle prodding for them to parent their children because if they don't, they'll partially be on the hook for what they do. Would this solve the problem? No. Does it have the potential to help? I think so.

I have no idea how any of what you proposed could possibly work.  You want to open up the pandoras box of liability for firearms?  OK, but law and precedent being what it is, does that mean the car company that manufactured the car that ran over protestors last summer can be held liable?  I could go on and on.....so forget it, not going to happen.

Sentence parents whose kids go on a shooting spree?  While I agree that parents need to do a better job in general, at what age are they no longer responsible?  How about 25?  Are they still responsible for the azzhole they raised?

Outlaw unlicensed firearms???  Huh?  That's already a law.....no criminal gives a rats arse.

Layers bro.....layers and layers of repercussions, precedents, etc.  600,000,000-800,000,000 guns likely in circulation......it's a done deal.  Now it's a security issue.....period.  We already have thousands of gun laws.....again, nobody who uses a gun in a crime gives a rip.

2018-02-18 6:14 PM

User image

Elite

I'm obsessed?

It's all good, no hard feelings. As for more common ground, I liked the recent news story I heard about food stamps/welfare reform. It's actually something I had espoused many years ago...the bundle (they used a box) of food staples. Nothing glamorous. Nothing excessive. Just enough food to keep folks alive and healthy. Food stamps reform is a home run issue if Republicans play it right. Playing the game of cutting folks off completely is just vengeful and politically stupid. Now, as for mass shootings...AR-15s serve no useful purpose and sure as hell were not envisioned by our Founding Fathers. If I had my way (which I'll never get), I'd help ensure companies who produce these weapons can get their arses sued by victims' families. Needless to say, if your weapon is used in an atrocity like this, your fate will be the same as the shooter, no questions asked. Outlaw unlicensed firearms. Not that it applied in this latest shooting, but when the shooters are children, mandatory life sentences at the very least for those involved...WITH required decades-long sentences for the sperm and egg donors that created the monsters responsible for the shooting. I like the idea that if parents wanna blame society for their kids' problems, maybe, just maybe this will be a gentle prodding for them to parent their children because if they don't, they'll partially be on the hook for what they do. Would this solve the problem? No. Does it have the potential to help? I think so.

I have no idea how any of what you proposed could possibly work.  You want to open up the pandoras box of liability for firearms?  OK, but law and precedent being what it is, does that mean the car company that manufactured the car that ran over protestors last summer can be held liable?  I could go on and on.....so forget it, not going to happen.

Sentence parents whose kids go on a shooting spree?  While I agree that parents need to do a better job in general, at what age are they no longer responsible?  How about 25?  Are they still responsible for the azzhole they raised?

Outlaw unlicensed firearms???  Huh?  That's already a law.....no criminal gives a rats arse.

Layers bro.....layers and layers of repercussions, precedents, etc.  600,000,000-800,000,000 guns likely in circulation......it's a done deal.  Now it's a security issue.....period.  We already have thousands of gun laws.....again, nobody who uses a gun in a crime gives a rip.

I specifically said minors, under 18. There could be a dial-down curve that still punishes and fines the parents for actions of young adults...I am big on parental responsibility.
    This plan addresses the root cause of most of society's ills...the deterioration of the family unit.

• ..and if that doesn't work, stiffen the damn penalties for committing a crime with a firearm.
  • That way, peaceful gun nuts can keep their guns, and scumbags can be removed from society.

How's that work for ya?
    2018-02-18 6:20 PM

User image

Pro
    I've advocated for life sentences for those who use a gun in a crime....ANY CRIME....for 10 years. Get those people away from the rest of us.
    2018-02-18 6:25 PM

User image

Elite

I've advocated for life sentences for those who use a gun in a crime....ANY CRIME....for 10 years. Get those people away from the rest of us.

See? We eventually got to some common ground!
    2018-02-18 7:30 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Left Brain I've advocated for life sentences for those who use a gun in a crime....ANY CRIME....for 10 years. Get those people away from the rest of us.
    See? We eventually got to some common ground!

There's a TON of common ground......but the left doesn't have the stomach for most of it so you always fall back on a solution that you can't have.....ban guns.  Can you imagine the cry and hue from the left if we actually did put people in prison for life for ANY gun crime.....my god, that would make the Trump whining look like a warm up.

Sometimes I wish the left would try to ban and collect all guns.....then we could get on with the civil war it would start and the left could fight it with................words and tears.  LMAO

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-18 7:31 PM

2018-02-18 10:25 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas
    Punishing parents for actions of their kids? Waaaaay slippery slope we can't go down. Unless you could prove the parents abetted in the crime, but I believe we already have that. This kid lost both of his parents already, so it's not a preventive measure that might have stopped this shooting. Didn't the Lanza kill his Mom first? Again no good.

Time to look a little deeper into mental health issues. Should a clinically depressed autistic person really own or have access to firearms? I'm seeing that as a starting place to draw the line.

Life sentence, no parole for all gun crimes; even stealing one. I think it's a good start and would deter a lot of violent crimes committed with a firearm. But again, this does zip to stop the mass murder shooter. These guys are f*****g crazy and nothing we do will deter crazy, nothing.

Somehow you need to tack on mental illness as a reason to deny legal purchase of firearms. What degree of mental instability would be just cause to deny someone their Constitutional rights? I have no idea where to draw the go/no-go line.

There's just not a one size fits all solution to the problem. I do know that blaming the NRA, Trump, Repubs and gun manufacturers will not inch us closer to a solution. Neither of them were present in Fla. last week. Feels good to take a swing at something, but we're just jousting with windmills at the end of the day taking that tack.
    2018-02-18 11:18 PM

User image

Pro

We're going to have a REALLY hard time banning guns from people who have been treated for a mental illness.......because that information is NOT available due to HIPPA laws (another liberal idea) that keep all medical records private and confidential. Like I have already said.....layers and layers and layers of laws, precedents, and protections that can't just be ignored. (except by criminals....which is what makes them criminals!!)

Now I hear the kids are going to march on Washington......might as well, everybody else does, to a point where nobody even cares or watches.  Next up, the geriatric protest on nursing home care.  Grandma getting pepper sprayed on her wheelchair ought to play well on CNN.....Don Lemon can always use another issue to cry over.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-18 11:27 PM
    2018-02-19 5:29 AM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

We're going to have a REALLY hard time banning guns from people who have been treated for a mental illness.......because that information is NOT available due to HIPPA laws (another liberal idea) that keep all medical records private and confidential. Like I have already said.....layers and layers and layers of laws, precedents, and protections that can't just be ignored. (except by criminals....which is what makes them criminals!!)

Now I hear the kids are going to march on Washington......might as well, everybody else does, to a point where nobody even cares or watches.  Next up, the geriatric protest on nursing home care.  Grandma getting pepper sprayed on her wheelchair ought to play well on CNN.....Don Lemon can always use another issue to cry over.

Agreed, that's going to be the tricky thing to tackle and it will fuel the push to ban them altogether. You're going to need to be able to take names off the list in some cases too. Determining who gets the authority to add and remove names will fall on a government agency and we all know how well they tackle even the most mundane of issues. Keeping guns from most crazy people should be an attainable goal, but our people in charge will not be the ones to figure out a solution. One side is busy pretending to come up with a solution and the other is busy organizing and funding the march on DC; another hollow 'grass roots' movement, well intentioned, but still lacking the honest to god pizzed off citizens looking for answers drive. Yes, these kids and parents are truly are upset and want to make a statement, but the strings of the puppeteer will be visible for all to see. Expect 24/7 coverage of the march as it unfolds. The MSM will use the same focus and intensity they put into trying to squelch the Tea Party movement, into promoting this cause. Look for the usual suspects and celebrities to take the podium and 'lead' the drive. Revealing the true motive of their funding and support; unseating republicans and regaining lost ground of the last several election cycles.

CD, Brian, we are in agreement. Something needs to be done. I clicked a video taken from inside that school during the shooting and I was unable to watch/listen to the whole clip. It made me sick to my stomach. I'm tired of seeing my flag at half staff because some lunatic decided to settle an imaginary score.
    2018-02-19 7:14 AM

User image

Champion
    Alabama
    The idea of holding parents responsible for the sins of their children is ridiculous. By definition, someone who commits a mass shooting has a mental illness. Most parents are not qualified to identify mental illness.

Imagine a law that puts mothers in jail for bad parenting. How many parents of teens in Chicago who committed gun violence would be jailed?

BTW the FL shooter was adopted....and his adoptive father died when he was 5 and his adoptive mother died last November.

As long as schools are ‘gun free zones’ they are vulnerable. Time to wake up and face the truth, the only way to stop these nutjobs is with a 357.
    2018-02-19 11:47 AM
    in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
    Floriduh
    I've really though a lot about this since, as I posted earlier, two of these mass shooting events have gotten close to my daughter's life. As much as I hate the idea, I think we have to realize the only way we are going to keep our kids safe is to beef up security at their schools and allow a more armed presence at these schools. I do not see a need for SWAT style armed officers, but a combination of physical barriers (limit entrance/egress points) and armed presence is about all we can do at this point. Most school districts are cash-strapped as is, question is who's going to pay for this.

The second piece is doing something about the ubiquitous nature of weapons that can wreak so much destruction so quickly. As I have stated many times I am a life-long gun owner and do not want my 2nd amendment rights infringed upon. However, I do accept that, as with everything in life, there are limits to what I can and cannot be allowed to do and I think gun ownership has the same responsibilities. We need to limit clip sizes, we need to strengthen background checks, we need to perhaps have ongoing firearm training and with that regular mental health checks. (I could certainly use one from time-to-time). It won't solve all the problems overnight, but it is about time we start to do something other than the "only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun". We don't live in Tombstone Arizona in the 1870s.

2018-02-19 12:02 PM

User image

Master
    Centennial, CO

I agree with what someone else said in this thread.  People really don't want a solution.  They want to take away the guns. On one program I was watching I found it interesting when the expert brought up the thought of what happens when someone pulls an alarm (getting all the kids outside and then drives a car into the crowd.  People are focused on the wrong thing.  It's not how the kids are killed but why they are being killed.  We need to figure out why the killer wants to kill their classmates or ex-classmates.  

Edited by velocomp 2018-02-19 12:09 PM
    2018-02-19 12:05 PM
    in reply to: velocomp

User image

Expert
    Floriduh
    Originally posted by velocomp

I agree with what someone else said in this thread.  People really don't want a solution.  They want the guns. On one program I was watching I found it interesting when the expert brought up the thought of what happens when someone pulls an alarm (getting all the kids outside and then drives a car into the crowd.  People are focused on the wrong thing.  It's not how the kids are killed but why they are being killed.  We need to figure out why the killer wants to kill their classmates or ex-classmates.  

Hasn't that been a question that has plagued humans ever since Cain and Abel?
    2018-02-19 4:39 PM
    in reply to: velocomp

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by velocomp

I agree with what someone else said in this thread.  People really don't want a solution.  They want to take away the guns. On one program I was watching I found it interesting when the expert brought up the thought of what happens when someone pulls an alarm (getting all the kids outside and then drives a car into the crowd.  People are focused on the wrong thing.  It's not how the kids are killed but why they are being killed.  We need to figure out why the killer wants to kill their classmates or ex-classmates.  

Agree. I'm a certified teacher currently working as an aide in 2nd grade. My kids go to school at the same school I work at. My husband is the Superintendent whose office is in the same building. My whole family would be sitting ducks in an active shooter situation. All the political noise about gun debates is just that NOISE. My entire run yesterday was spent thinking through how to protect the 2nd graders I work with in the various rooms I teach in throughout the school and hoping someone will be taking care of my own. I was thinking through how to move the cabinets, where the kids should run if we're in the cafeteria, what can we grab to throw at a shooter (by the way LB I'll take any advice you have to share on these issues). It's complete crap that I even have to think this way. Why, why are our children doing this? There are so many other layers not being discussed. 

I've read the Florida teen had Autism and ADHD. I am parenting a child with ADHD who is also adopted and it is very complex, a lot more than I understood as a teacher (before kids of my own) dealing with kids I taught who I thought were a little hyper. It's concerning to see people point the finger at lack of parenting knowing how hard I have worked to help my daughter manage her ADHD symptoms. She is highly emotional and highly impulsive All THE TIME. Meds help but don't cure and when they wear off every symptom helped comes right back. Managing her symptoms is a constant and I do not say that to pick on her just to emphasize the effort required from the adults in her life to help her be her best. I have watched her have an irrational screaming fit and pull her hair out of her own head just from a little frustration over math facts. I am not making excuses for the latest tragedy by any means but like I said I feel the discussion needs to change.  

2018-02-19 5:52 PM
    in reply to: trigal38

User image

Champion
    Alabama
    Blame the parents, blame the gun, blame the NRA, blame Trump, blame the FBI, blame violent video games, blame the culture, blame Congress....how about blame the nutjob that committed the crime?!

It’s time we put armed security guards in schools and allow some teachers and faculty concealed carry. As long as schools remain gun free zones they remain easy targets.

This needs to be part of the ‘discussion’ or this will never end.

New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Love those weapons! AR-15s and Smoke Grenades!! Yay!!! Rss Feed  

of 5