Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2018-02-17 8:39 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Mueller Inidcts Russians
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
Originally posted by Left BrainEvery time I try to look at the idea of the political mastermind Donald Trump enlisting the help of Russia to win the election I end up broke down laughing.....please stop the stupidity of this "investigation".
Every time I think of rubes who voted for this illiterate con artist I do the same thing...but the laughter soon turns to tears.You do understand Trump has been steadfast in asserting there was no Russian interference in the 2016 election, right? You do know that this finding demonstrates (once again) Trump is full of crap. He was 100% wrong...again.This aint over. Not by a long shot.He promised to release his tax returns.He did not.His son Eric has spoken in the past about plenty of Russian money coming in (to the Trump org.)...you don't think Trump NOT imposing sanctions on Russia could be a bit of a favor to Russian lenders who have a piece of him?
None of that has affected my life one bit.....the $2+ with 5 zeros I made in the market last year did. People will die, politicians will be indicted, liberals and conservatives will whine, but I have the people within the walls of my home to take care of......the rest is just noise. I'm going to continue to laugh at those who think Trump is the devil....and pretend the last 3 Presidents were somehow better. Really, bro, I'd love to hear how your life has been negatively affected by a guy who just doesn't care how it's SUPPOSED to be done. Personally, I've enjoyed every minute of it. Tears?? No way in hell....life's too good!

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-17 8:59 PM

2018-02-17 9:33 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
One more thing....President Trump will not be indicted for anything resulting from this dog and pony show....bet it.
2018-02-17 9:42 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
Tejas

Originally posted by Left Brain

Every time I try to look at the idea of the political mastermind Donald Trump enlisting the help of Russia to win the election I end up broke down laughing.....please stop the stupidity of this "investigation".

You do understand Trump has been steadfast in asserting there was no Russian interference in the 2016 election, right? You do

You do realize that he's been steadfast in asserting that HE was not involved in the Russian meddling with the election, not that the Russians didn't meddle? You do realize that Rachel Maddow just spun it that way because the entire democrat party looked really stupid this week? It's no longer 'Trump got the Russians to meddle', it's "Trump said the Russians didn't meddle.' Subtle, but if you pay attention, it's not hard to pick up on. What's the score so far? Trump 21, Democrats 0?
2018-02-18 6:33 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by mdg2003

Every time I try to look at the idea of the political mastermind Donald Trump enlisting the help of Russia to win the election I end up broke down laughing.....please stop the stupidity of this "investigation".

You do understand Trump has been steadfast in asserting there was no Russian interference in the 2016 election, right? You do

You do realize that he's been steadfast in asserting that HE was not involved in the Russian meddling with the election, not that the Russians didn't meddle? You do realize that Rachel Maddow just spun it that way because the entire democrat party looked really stupid this week? It's no longer 'Trump got the Russians to meddle', it's "Trump said the Russians didn't meddle.' Subtle, but if you pay attention, it's not hard to pick up on. What's the score so far? Trump 21, Democrats 0?

Not quite, Trump has not exactly been proactive in pursuing the notion that Russia actively participated in our election. Senate passed a package of sanctions on Russia for exactly this reason and Trump signed it. According to my recollection of schoolhouse rock I now believe this is a law, but the administration has not enforced this law. Can I have a rational explanation other than denial of any Russian involvement?
2018-02-18 7:09 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Not quite, Trump has not exactly been proactive in pursuing the notion that Russia actively participated in our election. Senate passed a package of sanctions on Russia for exactly this reason and Trump signed it. According to my recollection of schoolhouse rock I now believe this is a law, but the administration has not enforced this law. Can I have a rational explanation other than denial of any Russian involvement?

And US intel knew about this in 2014 and/or did nothing or were unable to stop it.

My guess is you will soon see a presidential commission established to stop “meddling”.

2018-02-18 8:57 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by Rogillio

And US intel knew about this in 2014 and/or did nothing or were unable to stop it.

My guess is you will soon see a presidential commission established to stop “meddling”.

THAT would be a step in the right direction, but I think it highly unlikely to occur.

2018-02-18 10:33 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

I probably didn't write that sentence very well. The narrative was Trump is in bed with the russians and he helped them interfere with our elections. That has been the cry from the DNC since Trump won the election. Now Mueller has come out and charged nobody remotely associated with Trump. Now the narrative changed to 'Trump has said from day one that the Russians did not meddle in the election.' The change has become an attempt to call him a liar. It's a twist, "But but but but he's a liar! Liar liar pants on fire!" Retreating back to first grade name calling because the substance of their position, from day one, has just been proven false; from the guy in charge of their witch hunt. Mueller put one in their azz and they're spinning it to try and make it look like a victory. CD lapped it up and ran with it. I hope that means more sense, I'm not a writer!

You mention that the administration is not enforcing sanctions passed by Congress and signed by Trump. Is it the job of the executive branch to enforce sanctions that have been passed?

The real irony here is that we're getting our collective panties bunched over foreign interference in our elections. Meanwhile the rest of the world is laughing at us because WE are the worst offenders and have been doing the exact same thing in foreign elections since WW2. Look at Greece for starters.

Edited by mdg2003 2018-02-18 10:35 AM
2018-02-18 10:48 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

I probably didn't write that sentence very well. The narrative was Trump is in bed with the russians and he helped them interfere with our elections. That has been the cry from the DNC since Trump won the election. Now Mueller has come out and charged nobody remotely associated with Trump. Now the narrative changed to 'Trump has said from day one that the Russians did not meddle in the election.' The change has become an attempt to call him a liar. It's a twist, "But but but but he's a liar! Liar liar pants on fire!" Retreating back to first grade name calling because the substance of their position, from day one, has just been proven false; from the guy in charge of their witch hunt. Mueller put one in their azz and they're spinning it to try and make it look like a victory. CD lapped it up and ran with it. I hope that means more sense, I'm not a writer!

You mention that the administration is not enforcing sanctions passed by Congress and signed by Trump. Is it the job of the executive branch to enforce sanctions that have been passed?

The real irony here is that we're getting our collective panties bunched over foreign interference in our elections. Meanwhile the rest of the world is laughing at us because WE are the worst offenders and have been doing the exact same thing in foreign elections since WW2. Look at Greece for starters.

YES, that is the job of the executive branch
2018-02-18 11:23 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

We know Trump will not personally ensure enforcement. What arm of the gubmint does this bidding if he actually pushed for enforcement? Just asking, I really don't know. I need a US Gov 101 refresher.

Can we safely say that the past 5 men to hold the job have effectively held up that responsibility? In all cases?
2018-02-18 2:05 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Left BrainEvery time I try to look at the idea of the political mastermind Donald Trump enlisting the help of Russia to win the election I end up broke down laughing.....please stop the stupidity of this "investigation".
Every time I think of rubes who voted for this illiterate con artist I do the same thing...but the laughter soon turns to tears.You do understand Trump has been steadfast in asserting there was no Russian interference in the 2016 election, right? You do know that this finding demonstrates (once again) Trump is full of crap. He was 100% wrong...again.This aint over. Not by a long shot.He promised to release his tax returns.He did not.His son Eric has spoken in the past about plenty of Russian money coming in (to the Trump org.)...you don't think Trump NOT imposing sanctions on Russia could be a bit of a favor to Russian lenders who have a piece of him?
None of that has affected my life one bit.....the $2+ with 5 zeros I made in the market last year did. People will die, politicians will be indicted, liberals and conservatives will whine, but I have the people within the walls of my home to take care of......the rest is just noise. I'm going to continue to laugh at those who think Trump is the devil....and pretend the last 3 Presidents were somehow better. Really, bro, I'd love to hear how your life has been negatively affected by a guy who just doesn't care how it's SUPPOSED to be done. Personally, I've enjoyed every minute of it. Tears?? No way in hell....life's too good!

Fantastic. That $2 with 5 zeroes after it is what matters most.
Congratulations! MAGA!

As for me, I've got this thing called a conscience.
Seeing an anti-science, anti-civil rights, anti-labor, anti-woman, egomaniacal ignoramus as POTUS is embarrassing.

I used to feel bad for Melania...but now I'm pretty sure she knew what she married.

Listen, as bad as he is, he'd not "the devil." It's one of those things I like to do. Find SOMETHING in common with people on the other side of the aisle. Here's my olive branch. When it came to holding the other NATO nations responsible for paying their fair share into the NATO budget, I liked that. As for recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, while he could have been a bit more tactful, overall, I am cool with that.

Now, that said, why do you think Vlad had his agents get involved in the '16 election?
Why was Russia hell-bent on getting Trump elected?
Aren't Libs weak and malleable? That's the narrative pushed by Faux News.

When you've come down from the giant woody the $2 with 5 zeroes after it gave you, ask yourself why the Russians wanted Trump POTUS. Just a warning though, this involves critical thinking.

2018-02-18 2:08 PM

User image

Elite

What's that score again?
I think it was Trump 19, Democrats led by Al Franken 8.
Yeah, that's women accusing these guys of sexual misconduct. The one on the Left resigned. The one on the Right that you blindly follow and believe is still denying reality.

2018-02-18 2:38 PM

User image

Pro

Fantastic. That $2 with 5 zeroes after it is what matters most. Congratulations! MAGA! As for me, I've got this thing called a conscience. Seeing an anti-science, anti-civil rights, anti-labor, anti-woman, egomaniacal ignoramus as POTUS is embarrassing. I used to feel bad for Melania...but now I'm pretty sure she knew what she married. Listen, as bad as he is, he'd not "the devil." It's one of those things I like to do. Find SOMETHING in common with people on the other side of the aisle. Here's my olive branch. When it came to holding the other NATO nations responsible for paying their fair share into the NATO budget, I liked that. As for recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, while he could have been a bit more tactful, overall, I am cool with that. Now, that said, why do you think Vlad had his agents get involved in the '16 election? Why was Russia hell-bent on getting Trump elected? Aren't Libs weak and malleable? That's the narrative pushed by Faux News. When you've come down from the giant woody the $2 with 5 zeroes after it gave you, ask yourself why the Russians wanted Trump POTUS. Just a warning though, this involves critical thinking.

There's a lot of silliness in there but I'll just ask you this......WHERE is your evidence that the Russians wanted Trump to be President?  And WHERE is the evidence that they swayed the voters in middle America to vote for Trump?  Like I said before, his approval rating is climbing and by the time wages increase another 4-8% and the economy grows another 4% per year (predicted rate for 2018) and then another and another......and Trump gets re-elected, because yeah, bro, money matters....you gonna blame the Russians again?  LMAO

As I said, I enjoy that our President doesn't care what you think about him.....why would he? 

I had to endure 8 years of a President who sold this country down the river at every turn, you can certainly endure 8 years of a President that will put your country back on top of the economic world.....that's good for all of us. 

You're reminding me of Lindsey Vonn.....happy to tell the country she would never shake our President's hand after she won a medal, then cries to the world when people make fun of her after she chokes and doesn't get a medal.  You can't pay for that kind of comedy anywhere!!  The meltdown of Liberals over the guy who got elected President has truly been some of the funniest political material of my lifetime.  I'll vote for Trump in '20 just to keep it going.

Oh, and dude.....I never have trouble finding common ground with any and all people....politics be damned.  If being for or against or neutral on Donald Trump defines your feelings about others you could always put it down for awhile to give yourself time to figure out what's really important......and it's not what a bunch of people in D.C. do and say.  LOL

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-18 2:42 PM
2018-02-18 2:41 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Just heard in the new about Americans meddling in Korea. We just indicted 13 Russians for that!?!

OK they might have said medaling...
2018-02-18 6:03 PM

User image

Elite

As I said, I enjoy that our President doesn't care what you think about him.....why would he? 

Really? Really??
Everything else you said, I get, I disagree, but I get it...but if you REALLY think Donald J Trump doesn't care what people think about him, you are out of your mind. EVERYTHING he does is about ratings, "look at me, look at me!" He is a man-child with a unique and tragic inability to find fault in his own actions. He is a man who lacks the ability to laugh at himself. He makes grandiose and preposterous statements, swears they are facts, and his followers believe him. That, in my opinion is a sickness. Sickness in him or his supporters? ...correct answer is, yes.

Okay, let's just say we find out Drumpf is in debt to an oligarch or two who is/are in tight with Vlad. Let's say it's to the tune of hundreds of millions. Still no problem? Seriously, I weighed the benefits of wading in to this pool. What's there to gain? Trump could literally be on live tv, gettin nekked with Stormi and MacDougal at the same time, while 12 Russian prostitutes performed golden showers in Times Square, with Putin filming. Trump's supporters wouldn't care, period.

I would sign away the presidency today to Pence giving him the White House till 2024 just to get rid of this national disgrace.

btw, you wanted proof Putin wanted Trump to win? Google is your friend. The National Security Agency's intelligence report came out in January, 2017. It's old news LB. Just because it's tough to accept doesn't make it "fake news."

2018-02-18 6:11 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
No dude....he doesn't care what YOU think about him. He plays to his base....period.
2018-02-19 9:27 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

No dude....he doesn't care what YOU think about him. He plays to his base....period.

100% correct, not too politically astute, but 100% correct.

2018-02-19 9:57 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
We know Trump will not personally ensure enforcement. What arm of the gubmint does this bidding if he actually pushed for enforcement? Just asking, I really don't know. I need a US Gov 101 refresher.

Can we safely say that the past 5 men to hold the job have effectively held up that responsibility? In all cases?

The enforcement of sanctions is really a collaboration of the Treasury and State departments. Have all of the presidents enforced laws equally? Of course not, there is always a political agenda. But jeez, this passed the senate like 98-0 and he signed it into law. What possible reason could he have for not enforcing this law? It really is a weird part of the Trump presidency.

Edited by Oysterboy 2018-02-19 9:59 AM
2018-02-19 6:20 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

The enforcement of sanctions is really a collaboration of the Treasury and State departments. Have all of the presidents enforced laws equally? Of course not, there is always a political agenda. But jeez, this passed the senate like 98-0 and he signed it into law. What possible reason could he have for not enforcing this law? It really is a weird part of the Trump presidency.

Good info thanks.

As far as him not enforcing it… we saw the democrats getting behind sanctions because, well, it's what they've been up to( all things leading to Russia and Trump) since Trump won. The republicans and their feeble leadership ( not Trump,but Ryan and Jowls ) decide to join in the fray because they feel it's a symbolic middle finger to Putin and that they needed to look like they scored a win. Never mind that they weren't guilty, they were getting hammered so bad in the media, I think they felt it was a safe move. When they should have stood up and told the press and the democrats to prove it or STFU. So now they present a meaningless bit of paper to Trump and he signs it, hell, he has to, his own party presented it to him.
So now we have sanctions against Russia. Trump being the Donald, decides to just ignore it because it's all smoke screen anyway. It's what he does. Not a politician, not a diplomat. That whole paragraph probably didn't make sense, but it's my take on it.
2018-02-19 6:29 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

100% correct, not too politically astute, but 100% correct.

It got him elected. People were absolutely tired of the last eight years of one way street. He picked up on that and ran with it. He needs to moderate his act and soon before the fence sitters abandon him. He better watch his act, I read that he was jacking with Oprah and trying to call her out. THAT is the last thing he needs running against him in 2020. She'll take that narrow sliver of voters that put him over the top in 16 and top him.

Edited by mdg2003 2018-02-19 6:30 PM
2018-02-21 7:29 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Rogillio

THAT would be a step in the right direction, but I think it highly unlikely to occur.

"The Department of Justice (DOJ) announced the creation of a cyber task force Tuesday that will enforce election interference efforts in the U.S.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions signed a memorandum Friday, less than one week after special counsel Robert Mueller indicted 13 Russians for interfering with the the U.S. 2016 presidential election. Sessions stated the dangers of the internet and the “tools” it has provided criminals in interfering with the U.S. government."

Whoot, there it is. No presidential commission but a DOJ task force.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Mueller Inidcts Russians Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Finally, we have audio proof of collusion with the Russians

Started by tuwood
Views: 261 Posts: 1

2018-02-07 8:16 PM tuwood

Mueller to subpoena Clinton!!

Started by Rogillio
Views: 313 Posts: 2

2018-02-02 8:08 AM Rogillio