of 5

2006-09-25 8:47 PM
in reply to: #551474

User image

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
Subject: RE: Clinton rips...
Brett - 2006-09-25 7:48 PM

nuorder - 2006-09-25 4:57 PM Brett - 2006-09-25 5:06 PM . Now, you refer to Clinton "sitting on his hands" regarding OBL. So, what do you call Bush not having a single meeting with Richard Clarke about OBL???? Richard Clarke has gone on record by saying that he insisted to the administration that he should make OBL a top-priority. Hmm, what was Bush doing during those 8months?

I don't really follow that as an argument defending Clinton.  He's accused of not doing enough when his administration was in office for Khobar Towers, Embassy Bombings, USS Cole, etc.  He's being asked to account for what he did over YEARS for attacks that happened while HE was in charge. 

The defense: uh, well the new administration had 8 whole months.  Well gee, sorry the new pres. couldn't do is 8 months what you didn't manage to do in the half a decade or so that you had.  Especially when the first few months is generally taken for granted as a transition period.

I will never get the picture out of my head of Bush sitting in that classroom reading the book, "My Pet Goat" while America was in its most deepest sense of need. Do you want a "literal" picture of a man sitting on his hands? Watch the video of him reading that book.

Citing one of Mike Moore's favorite gripes, eh?  What should he have done?  Said, "Holy crap kids, we're at war, gotta go."  I have no doubt that those who don't like him would find fault with any and every reaction he had, no matter how passive or aggressive.  What makes me shudder is to think what Gore would've done.

Face the facts, Clinton was one of the best and most-popular presidents of the century and look what we have with our current president?

Obviously with that whole impeachment thing.  Face the facts, the guy is a self-serving ***** who was a philanderer and a con artist (It depends on what your definition of "is" is)... 

I have heard from countless intellectuals that he (Bush) is one of the worst presidents of ALL TIME!!!

Okay.

bts 

So you are saying that the 8 months that Bush, time and time again, ignored memos, warning signs, etc, were insignificant to the years that Clinton spend in office? Wasn't he on vacation when the DPB Memo in August came forward? The Bush admin., no matter what you think, had good reason to believe that hijacking planes was iminent. What did Bushco do? Nothing, absolutely nothing! Now, don't forget that Clinton paid close attention to his briefings and was able to thrwart a significant terrorist attack being planned in Washington State.

As for the whole "impeachment" thing. Who cares??? Do you happen to know what his approval numbers were during the height of the scandal? Well, take Bush's numbers now and triple them; that will give you a good idea.

2006-09-25 9:21 PM
in reply to: #551530

User image

Elite

nuorder - 2006-09-25 7:47 PM So you are saying that the 8 months that Bush, time and time again, ignored memos, warning signs, etc, were insignificant to the years that Clinton spend in office? Wasn't he on vacation when the DPB Memo in August came forward?

So nevermind the YEARS and YEARS that the previous administration had... damn that Bush character for not doing it in a few months.  Nevermind what I did, it's the other guy's fault.

The Bush admin., no matter what you think, had good reason to believe that hijacking planes was iminent. What did Bushco do? Nothing, absolutely nothing!

Now would putting the military on heghtened levels of alert off and on during the months leading up to the attack count as 'nothing'?  How much was he supposed to do against an attack of unprecedented levels with inconsistent intel?

Now, don't forget that Clinton paid close attention to his briefings and was able to thrwart a significant terrorist attack being planned in Washington State.

What were you sitting in the war room now?  He paid close attention and personally saved the day?  Just like he did in Somalia where he barely even new what was going on in the country when a major engagement broke out between Delta/Rangers and Somali militia?

As for the whole "impeachment" thing. Who cares??? Do you happen to know what his approval numbers were during the height of the scandal? Well, take Bush's numbers now and triple them; that will give you a good idea.

Don't have the poll #'s off the top of my head, but I bet it wasn't 120%.  And if we're arguing with "who cares", then I'll throw one your way.  Who cares what his approval ratings were?  So he can manipulate the mob, I'll never say he can't do that.  Lots of disturbed, worthless freaks in positions of power were popular, that doesn't make any difference as to his pathetic handling of the various attacks on Americans and the hunt for OBL.

I think when we start debating with "who cares" and made up stats it's a good time to say that we're probably not going to change each others minds and both of us should get to work on a Tuesday humor thread to make up for our dragging down the overall hospitability of COJ.

bts

2006-09-26 6:00 AM
in reply to: #551570

User image

Expert
South Bend, IN

Wow... I agree about the last time Bill C. wagged his finger at the camera. Sure fire telll, for all you poker players out there. Tells don't lie.

Secondly, if he really was going to get UBL, and had a fantastic grasp of strategery and the military and intelligence , I submit this quote of our infamous X Pres:

I stumbled across an utterly beautiful paragraph while reading through the 9/11 Report last night. It's the first paragraph of page 189, describing a scene between Clinton and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Emphasasis mine. Truncated.

At some point during this period, President Clinton expressed his frustration with the lack of military options to take out Bin Ladin and the al Qaeda leadership, remarking to General Hugh Shelton, “You know, if would scare the **** out of al-Qaeda if suddenly a bunch of black ninjas rappelled out of helicopters into the middle of their camp.” … President Clinton recalled this remark as “one of the many things I said.” … Secretary of Defense William Cohen thought that the President might have been making a hypothetical statement. Regardless, he said, the question remained how to get the “ninjas” into and out of the theater of operations.

2006-09-26 7:57 AM
in reply to: #551664

User image

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
cerveloP3 - 2006-09-26 6:00 AM

Wow... I agree about the last time Bill C. wagged his finger at the camera. Sure fire telll, for all you poker players out there. Tells don't lie.

Secondly, if he really was going to get UBL, and had a fantastic grasp of strategery and the military and intelligence , I submit this quote of our infamous X Pres:

I stumbled across an utterly beautiful paragraph while reading through the 9/11 Report last night. It's the first paragraph of page 189, describing a scene between Clinton and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Emphasasis mine. Truncated.

At some point during this period, President Clinton expressed his frustration with the lack of military options to take out Bin Ladin and the al Qaeda leadership, remarking to General Hugh Shelton, “You know, if would scare the **** out of al-Qaeda if suddenly a bunch of black ninjas rappelled out of helicopters into the middle of their camp.” … President Clinton recalled this remark as “one of the many things I said.” … Secretary of Defense William Cohen thought that the President might have been making a hypothetical statement. Regardless, he said, the question remained how to get the “ninjas” into and out of the theater of operations.

Now, if you want to start playing the "quote" game...do we really need to start digging up the quotes from the most anti-intellectual president in the history of our country?

"Is our children learning...?"
"I don't even think about Osama Bin Laden anymore"
"I'm the decider...."

The list goes on.
2006-09-26 7:58 AM
in reply to: #551159

User image

Elite
Venture Industries,
I think if everyone steps back and takes a reality check on the Bin-Laden terrorist situation it is difficult to argue that BOTh administrations fell short and failed to act accordingly. It's true that Clinton had 8 years and, while he is correct there were attempts to counter the threat, the action taken was no where in line with the actual threat that international terrorism posed. Over the length of his administration the plans were laid for the attacks and the writing was on the wall. Additionally, while it is true that the Bush administration only had 8 months to act, remembr not the only thing going on in those 8 months, they too had information and failed to act on it.

To point fingers at one administration over another seems to be pretty naive to me. In point of fact the breeding of international terrorism pre-dates even the Clinton administration. For decades our European allies have been warning us about the dangers of attacks, they warned that it wasn't a matter of "if" but "when". Middle eastern terrorism has existed for decades, ask Isreal. Remember the killings of Israeli athletes in the Olympics, or bombings of night clubs in Euroupe. How about U.S. hostages in Iran. This isn't anything new, we have just ignored the true and growing scope of the problem for decades.

Again, the reality seems to be that for decades there were warning signs about the growing problem and growing reach of middle eastern terrorists, however, each administration ignored the true scope of the terrorist organisations power, reach, and ability. Each administration was focused on "conventional" foes.

This bickering back and forth from the left and the right about: 'my guy did everything possible and your guy did nothing' is ridiculous, it ignores the historical facts, and reduces complex issues to thier lowest common denominator. In short, it is an appeal to "sound bite" thinking. Wanna talk about a smoke screen for the powers that be.
2006-09-26 10:40 AM
in reply to: #551722

User image

Expert
South Bend, IN
nuorder - 2006-09-26 7:57 AM
cerveloP3 - 2006-09-26 6:00 AM

Now, if you want to start playing the "quote" game...do we really need to start digging up the quotes from the most anti-intellectual president in the history of our country? "Is our children learning...?" "I don't even think about Osama Bin Laden anymore" "I'm the decider...." The list goes on.

But he never said anything about ninjas. Bill C was just plain out of touch militarily and strategery-ically. At last W knows that a laser guided bomb is much better than ninjas......

2006-09-26 10:42 AM

Pro
Now now, people, lighten up!

Okay, I admit that I deliberately stirred the pot, but I'll never understand why some people get so riled up about a guy who will never be president again! What was it Shakespeare wrote about protesting too much?

If the mere mention of Clinton creates such bad feelings that people are unable to be civil (or at least people are incapable of perceiving others as being civil), I'll be sure to not mention him again.

Is Clinton so important for people to say that CoJ isn't fun anymore unless everybody can agree to hate him?

C'mon people now... shine on your brother... you know, everybody get together and love one another, like, right now.
2006-09-26 11:26 AM

User image

Got Wahoo?
San Antonio

Conservatives have to bash Clinton because he was a very successful president (now it’s just reflex) - much more successful than the complete buffoon and administration of self important buffoons that are now fcuking serving us. I think they are all buffoons and am no fan of bill Clinton personally, but only the completely blind, disingenuous or stupid ignorant could possibly compare the two administrations. Bush has been an absolute failure both domestically and abroad, for all but his pet industries.

Has anyone considered that Clinton deliberately went on this interview with the second most annoying man at fox to lightning-rod the democratic party and issue a rallying cry or two? Seems pretty obvious to me.

Brett, that neon, or going to TCU, has addled your brain.

2006-09-26 11:46 AM
in reply to: #551988

User image

Master
Northern California
cerveloP3 - 2006-09-26 8:40 AM

But he never said anything about ninjas. Bill C was just plain out of touch militarily and strategery-ically. At last W knows that a laser guided bomb is much better than ninjas......

While I refuse to enter into any online discussion regarding politics or religion. I will here.

That is funneh and made me laugh. Thanks. Although, ninjas are cheaper.
2006-09-26 11:55 AM
in reply to: #552082

User image

Veteran
Colorado

Opus - could you define "love one another"

Thanks!

2006-09-26 12:04 PM
in reply to: #552094

Pro
Grodi Jo - 2006-09-26 12:55 PM

Thanks!

Hugs, kisses and benevolence!

2006-09-26 12:11 PM
in reply to: #552104

User image

Runner
Opus - 2006-09-26 1:04 PM

Grodi Jo - 2006-09-26 12:55 PM

Thanks!

Hugs, kisses and benevolence!

But that's just not me.....I'd rather be true to me.
Besides, I don't know where your mouth has been.......
2006-09-26 12:33 PM
in reply to: #551473

User image

gullahcracker - 2006-09-25 5:48 PM
ChrisM - 2006-09-25 7:18 PM What do Bush's failures have to do with anything Clinton did or did not do?
A heck of a lot Chris since from day one of Faux news their genre has been to blame Clinton/Dems for everything and therefore deflect any responsibility from the failures of the Bush/ right/Neocons. It's sort of nice to see them get their comeuppance for once.
btw I will admit that the FNC is not permitted viewing in my home. No freedom of the press here. My house, my rules. 

Nice deflection.  OK, so what Bush did has a bearing on what FOX NEWS claims it does.  Now to the original question.  What do Bush's failures have to do with anything CLINTON did or did not do?

and I'll edit - forget about blame, or partisanship or all that other cra%%.  If you can't admit that BOTH administrations failed us, then I think you're not being objective.  We can tallk about which administration gets more percentage of blame in another post.  That isn't my question

Edited by ChrisM 2006-09-26 12:35 PM
2006-09-26 1:02 PM

User image

Master
Denver
From Slate:

http://www.slate.com/id/2150335/?nav=tap3

Bill Clinton has provided us with this week's partisan sorting mechanism. If you are a right-winger, you see his outburst over charges that he didn't do enough to kill Osama Bin Laden as an overheated act of public -covering. You're also likely to react to his criticisms about the Bush administration by rushing to the inevitable safe ground: sex jokes. A Fox News anchor helpfully pointed out that he hadn't seen Clinton that angry since he denied having sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky. For the left-wingers, the video showed Chris Wallace to be a partisan Fox News hack who wanted to sandbag Clinton. Wallace's questions were within the bounds of the interview's ground rules and were fair enough (though he weaseled by saying it was viewers who wanted him to ask Clinton about Bin Laden).

Bill Clinton wasn't sandbagged, because he is a smart politician. He just spent several weeks fighting ABC over its interpretation of his administration's hunt for Bin Laden. He knew the question was coming and he took advantage of it. Forty-three days before the election, he has provided a moment to rally party activists and attack the GOP at the heart of its perceived strength on handling terrorism.

Democrats should rejoice that Wallace was as tough as he was. If he had been supine, fearful of another 3,000-word report from Media Matters, the party and Clinton would have been denied an opportunity. And Clinton would have been disappointed, at least judging from his spokesperson's remarks afterward: "We're fully aware of Fox News' and Chris Wallace's agenda, and President Clinton came in prepared to respond to any attack on his record. When Wallace questioned his record on terrorism, he responded forcefully, as any Democrat would or should." In other words, he went in loaded for bear and blasted like Cheney as soon as he spotted one.

Did Clinton come across a little unhinged? Sure, but that's an advantage in a midterm election where party passion matters. Liberal activists want to see their Washington representatives fight back the way Clinton did. This was a rallying cry and a signal to other members of the party to do the same. Clinton can go to individual districts to campaign for competitive candidates, or he can sell the same message wholesale by banging the table in a single performance on Fox.

Clinton didn't just get the blood pumping among liberal activists. He made a policy critique aimed at the GOP election strategy designed to promote Republicans as the only party competent enough to handle terrorist threats. Each day people are discussing Clinton's performance or Wallace's questioning they will also be discussing which president did more to try to kill Bin Laden. Articles will revisit Bush's Aug. 6, 2001*, Presidential Daily Brief in which he was told al-Qaida was planning a major attack and to hijack planes, and producers will reinterview Richard Clarke, who says Bush dropped the ball. (Clarke's book, which is highly critical of the Bush team's pre-9/11 terror efforts, is in the top 10 on Amazon.)
2006-09-26 1:16 PM
in reply to: #552049

User image

Elite
Venture Industries,
tmwelshy - 2006-09-26 12:26 PM

< but only the completely blind, disingenuous or stupid ignorant could possibly compare the two administrations. >

Wow...that's a way to foster well thought out polite debate on a topic. To compare the administrations you're either disingenous, blind or stupid and ignorant? Really. So there are no valid comparisons that can be made? There are no pros and cons of each administration that can be looked at? Nice. I guess that is one debate tactic, call anyone that disagrees with you "disengenious, blind stupid and ignorant" before they ever say a word.
2006-09-26 1:24 PM
in reply to: #552188

User image

ASA22 - 2006-09-26 11:16 AM
tmwelshy - 2006-09-26 12:26 PM < but only the completely blind, disingenuous or stupid ignorant could possibly compare the two administrations. >
Wow...that's a way to foster well thought out polite debate on a topic. To compare the administrations you're either disingenous, blind or stupid and ignorant? Really. So there are no valid comparisons that can be made? There are no pros and cons of each administration that can be looked at? Nice. I guess that is one debate tactic, call anyone that disagrees with you "disengenious, blind stupid and ignorant" before they ever say a word.

Quickly scanning over political posts here, I do find it interesting that most of the invective is either started by and/or thrown out by those that are on the liberal side of the aisle.  I thought the conservatives were the meanies?

[edit - i didn't say "only", FTR]

Edited by ChrisM 2006-09-26 1:24 PM

2006-09-26 1:33 PM
in reply to: #552194

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
ChrisM - 2006-09-26 2:24 PM

[Quickly scanning over political posts here, I do find it interesting that most of the invective is either started by and/or thrown out by those that are on the liberal side of the aisle.  I thought the conservatives were the meanies?

As a moderate, I have to say that it's getting ugly on both ends of the spectrum.

2006-09-26 2:42 PM
in reply to: #552208

User image

Pro
Evanston,
RedCorvette - 2006-09-26 1:33 PM

[Quickly scanning over political posts here, I do find it interesting that most of the invective is either started by and/or thrown out by those that are on the liberal side of the aisle.  I thought the conservatives were the meanies?

As a moderate, I have to say that it's getting ugly on both ends of the spectrum.

I think what happens is, we live in a pretty polarized society, and people are just not used to hearing what "the other side" has to say.  Moving from a "blue" state to a "red" state was a wake-up call on that one for me.  I'm not really any more "conservative" than I was -- still hold the same basic views -- but my level of discourse has been upped a notch because I have to speak them intelligently in front of people who I love and respect but sometimes disagree with.

When people on both sides draw on hyperbole and inflated rhetoric, i take it either as a sign that they are in the "echo chamber" surrounded mostly by people of similar views, or they just like to argue!  Either way, further discussion is not beneficial to anyone at that point.  That's why I post so little on the "political" threads here, other than an occasional link (twice, I think, counting yesterday).

And I hope that doesn't sound patronizing to anyone here.  IRL we have tone of voice, body language, relational context; here, all of that is lost and things may sound harsher than intended.  You are all my fellow triathletes trying to live healthy lives; we disagree on some stuff that concerns me, but you still rock.

Peace!

2006-09-26 2:46 PM
in reply to: #552194

User image

Giver

Quickly scanning over political posts here, I do find it interesting that most of the invective is either started by and/or thrown out by those that are on the liberal side of the aisle.  I thought the conservatives were the meanies?

The party that's not in power is always going to complain the loudest.

But maybe it wouldn't be so bad if Bush were the "uniter, not divider" he promised to be when he first ran.

2006-09-26 3:04 PM
in reply to: #552049

User image

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
tmwelshy - 2006-09-26 11:26 AM

Conservatives have to bash Clinton because he was a very successful president (now it’s just reflex) - much more successful than the complete buffoon and administration of self important buffoons that are now fcuking serving us. I think they are all buffoons and am no fan of bill Clinton personally, but only the completely blind, disingenuous or stupid ignorant could possibly compare the two administrations. Bush has been an absolute failure both domestically and abroad, for all but his pet industries.

Has anyone considered that Clinton deliberately went on this interview with the second most annoying man at fox to lightning-rod the democratic party and issue a rallying cry or two? Seems pretty obvious to me.

Brett, that neon, or going to TCU, has addled your brain.

I just loved every second of that interview! I really find it interesting that Chris Wallace, the son of Mike Wallace (60 minutes fame) was in the hot seat for this interview. Talk about the shoe being on the "other foot"...Chris' dad, who is known for grilling his interviewees and making them practically themselves must have felt really bad for his sad little boy. I don't care if you are a republican or democrat, you have gotta believe that Clinton came out ahead on this one.

As for some of the remarks that suggest that Clinton didn't know what he was in for; that is totally false!!! You can tell by Clinton's preparation that he was more than ready to answer that question....He provided an insightful and spirited response which, I think, caught FAUXNEWS off guard. FoxNews is so used to have a nodding head in front of the screen that they were seriously underprepared for what Clinton had coming at them. Just look at the joke of a show they have called, Hannity..................and colmes. Do you really think Colmes gets to say what is really on his mind?
2006-09-26 3:56 PM

Extreme Veteran
NY

I'm a little late here, but everyone thinks that Clinton got the best of that interview?  C'mon, all he did was deflect the question and ask more of his own.  He also lost that Clinton-esque cool while he was shuckin' and jivin'. 

Because I'm young and naieve, can someone tell me why Clinton was one of the best presidents we've had?  Great orator, yes, but best presidents?  And if you think it was becuase your 401K was doing well than you've been sipping the Koolaid too.

2006-09-26 4:00 PM
in reply to: #552402

User image

Runner
emac21 - 2006-09-26 4:56 PM

I'm a little late here, but everyone thinks that Clinton got the best of that interview? C'mon, all he did was deflect the question and ask more of his own. He also lost that Clinton-esque cool while he was shuckin' and jivin'.

Because I'm young and naieve, can someone tell me why Clinton was one of the best presidents we've had? Great orator, yes, but best presidents? And if you think it was becuase your 401K was doing well than you've been sipping the Koolaid too.

I certainly don't think he was one of the best. I'm of the camp that feels he was much more of a lame duck President than anything.

And I didn't see the interview, so I cannot comment on that part.
2006-09-26 4:47 PM
in reply to: #552330

User image

Philadelphia, south of New York and north of DC

nuorder - I don't care if you are a republican or democrat, you have gotta believe that Clinton came out ahead on this one.

(I posted this on another thread today, but I think it's worth posting again)

I didn't see the interview, so I can't comment myself.

However, Dick Polman, the political analyst for the Philadelphia Inquirer, had an interesting take on it in a column today . Polman is a very good journalist, basically leans left but is more objective than most.

Here's part of his column:

For partisan Democrats, this is satisfying stuff, the equivalent of an end-zone dance by their favorite football star.

Here's the political problem, though: Whenever President Bush and his top surrogates react with hostility to questions, and seek to disparage the press questioners by impugning their motives, Democrats generally cite that as further proof of the GOP's mendacity. Yet here was Clinton doing much the same thing, trying to paint himself as a victim, and using that as a shield.

In other words, I don't see how Clinton's outburst could possibly help his wife's prospects as a presidential candidate. By losing his cool, he basically sent the message that he remains a strongly polarizing figure. Which is precisely why many Democrats remain worried about handing the '08 nomination to Hillary Clinton.

Edited by dontracy 2006-09-26 4:48 PM
2006-09-26 6:59 PM
in reply to: #552402

Elite Veteran
Clinton wasn't one of the best president's we've had....He was president during one of the best periods of our country has had. The internet created a huge number of jobs and we were pretty stable. We were in a hunky-dory period in our country. I don't know if he had anything to do with the great business climate, but the consensus was to leave it alone...we were flying high.

And. for the record, I don't hate Clinton. I see his second term as a complete waste. He had the popularity to push through some needed reforms but he got bogged down with his misbehaviour. I remember seeing him walking Buddy on a Christmas afternoon on the White House Lawn, and thinking that he turned out to be a pretty good president, and two weeks later, the Lewinsky deal hit the news.

I'm just happy the USA is strong enough to work through all sorts of ups and downs.

BT isn't the USA. That said, I find these message boards wayyyy too political for an internet off-topic triathlon site. Yes, you're much more than welcome to tell me to move on, and I mostly have. But I sometimes miss the old, fun, stuff.

Just an old fart musing on a Tuesday night.

2006-09-26 7:59 PM
in reply to: #552543

User image

Champion
Alabama
lynda - 2006-09-26 6:59 PM

Clinton wasn't one of the best president's we've had....He was president during one of the best periods of our country has had. The internet created a huge number of jobs and we were pretty stable. We were in a hunky-dory period in our country. I don't know if he had anything to do with the great business climate, but the consensus was to leave it alone...we were flying high.

And. for the record, I don't hate Clinton. I see his second term as a complete waste. He had the popularity to push through some needed reforms but he got bogged down with his misbehaviour. I remember seeing him walking Buddy on a Christmas afternoon on the White House Lawn, and thinking that he turned out to be a pretty good president, and two weeks later, the Lewinsky deal hit the news.

I'm just happy the USA is strong enough to work through all sorts of ups and downs.

BT isn't the USA. That said, I find these message boards wayyyy too political for an internet off-topic triathlon site. Yes, you're much more than welcome to tell me to move on, and I mostly have. But I sometimes miss the old, fun, stuff.

Just an old fart musing on a Tuesday night.

You are right that this is a very political off-topic site. And based on my calculations, this site is 87.4% liberal with only a handful of moderates and damn few conservatives.

Like Jim pointed out, the party out of power will complain the loudest but the constant Bush-bashing really turns me off. And right after he wrote that he went on to bash the INs. It's one thing to occasionally slam the other part with a one-liner zinger but that's not what happens here. There is a constant trashing of the President and the current administration and pretty much all things conservative. How many times does one have to refer to Faux News? It also feels like Christians are not very well thought of here and often referred to as self-righteous and intolerant.

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Clinton but I never trashed him publicly while he was in office. Maybe I'm just old fashioned or sentimental but I think we owe a certain amount of respect to the Commander and Chief and President of the United States - especially in a time of war.

The constant bicthing about war in Iraq is another thing that really bothers me about this forum. We have soldiers over there serving and dieing and people are still debating why we went to war and why we should not be there and how we went under false pretenses and how much money we are 'wasting' there and it was a huge mistake etc. Imagine if you just got back from Iraq where you lost your best friend and came to BT/COJ and see this debate with people saying "...the war in Iraq was a huge mistake" and "...we're wasting xx billion dollars there....." and "….Bush is an idiot and because of his blundering administration….". I have one request, shut up. Vote your conscience and vote Bush our of office and vote in someone you think can get us out of Iraq and establish stability in the world. Talk about where we need to go NOT where we've been and how screw up things are and how we messed up by going there. Talk about what your guy is gonna do for us and what your plan is.

The fact is we are in Iraq and we need to figure out how to stand up the Iraqis so we can get out of there. Let's stop debating the reasons for the war and who lied and who mislead whom and think for a minute about the men and woman serving their country over there. Let's NOT turn the country into another Vietnam era where we spit on servicemen when they came home from serving.

I was watching the news tonight - I surf between all the networks - and they were all talking about the Clinton interview and who should have done what/when and should Clinton have gone after OBL. Let's forget the who-shot-john garbage and deal with the future. The finger-pointing serves no purpose. If Clinton knew what we know now certainly he would have gone after OBL.

I like politics and debating and I enjoy reading other people's various opinions about a variety of topics but I do NOT like reading the constant Bush-bashing and trashing. But I'm a new comer and it's not my place to try to change the nature of this forum. It seems the fun here is not in debating but in seeing who can post biggest Bush-bash.

Well, I usually stand alone in a crowd so that's nothing new to me….but I got really angry this afternoon when my post got censured when the whole board today (like most days) was full of conservative-bashing posts. Don't know if I'll hang out her much longer.

Sincerely,

Mike
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Clinton rips... Rss Feed  

of 5