General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Routes in Austin / Roundrock Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-07-29 1:54 PM

User image

Dallas, TX
Subject: Bike Routes in Austin / Roundrock
Hi guys,

I'm going to be in Austin for a week for some meetings at Dell, and I'm thinking I'm going to take my bike - I don't get much of a chance to do any hills living in Dallas, and I know austin is probably a much better place to ride (There's some pro cyclist that lives there, if I recall... Vance someone maybe? I forget) Anyway, does anyone know of any decent routes to ride there. I'd be looking for a 50-60ish mile route, or maybe a couple loops of a 30ish mile route, as I'll be tied up all day, and won't be able to do more than 2-3 hours of riding at night.

~Keith

2004-08-02 2:16 PM
in reply to: #41564

Austin, TX .... Y'all
Subject: RE: Bike Routes in Austin / Roundrock
Check out AustinTriathletes.com There are guys posting on forums there always looking for someone to ride with. Even if you don't get to ride with anyone, the good news is they tell you the course and the length.
I know a lot of serious guys start at Bee Cave(2244) and Hwy 71 and do several variations from there using Loop 360, Bee Cave, Hwy 71.
Sorry to say, I am just a beginner and to think of doing some of those hills is crazy to me.

At any rate, check out that web-site and you'll find something for sure.

Good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Routes in Austin / Roundrock Rss Feed