Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Best Way To Get Really Really Drunk Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2006-10-19 8:36 AM
in reply to: #572347

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2006-10-19 8:40 AM
in reply to: #572482

2006-10-19 8:40 AM
in reply to: #572546

Champion
Subject: RE: The Best Way To Get Really Really Drunk Thread

One thing that I have heard will f**k you up REAL fast is an alcohol-based enema.  I'd actually be interested to see if this is refuted by the Docs that we have running around BT.

You said the "best way to get really really drunk"  but not that it had to be consumed orally.

2006-10-19 8:41 AM
in reply to: #572070

Veteran
Memphis, TN
Anyone have any bad Long Island Iced Tea experiences? I'd share one of mine but I never can seem to remember those nights.
2006-10-19 8:42 AM
in reply to: #572226

Expert
Lake Geneva
spokes - 2006-10-18 7:43 PM

The "Guy" saw this and was impressed. Now I can't even make it through 2 glasses of wine. (sigh)

This isn't the guy you married, is it? LOL 

LOL, NO! I went on a "real date" with him and since we were sober, we had no idea what to talk about. That was the beginning and the end.

The Guy I married, likes shots of Whiskey or Petron, Coors Light and country music!

Edited by jeanneroth 2006-10-19 8:43 AM
2006-10-19 8:45 AM
in reply to: #572551

Expert
Lake Geneva
jccbulldog - 2006-10-19 9:41 AM

Anyone have any bad Long Island Iced Tea experiences? I'd share one of mine but I never can seem to remember those nights.

I was going to go to a rave (hey, it was the 90s) at midnight but my date and I passed out like at 9 after the LI teas. That is the only time I drank them.

I still can't drink Southern Comfort and that was from High School!

2006-10-19 8:45 AM
in reply to: #572550

Elite
Armpit of Ontario
CubeFarmGopher - 2006-10-19 9:40 AM

One thing that I have heard will f**k you up REAL fast is an alcohol-based enema.  I'd actually be interested to see if this is refuted by the Docs that we have running around BT.

You said the "best way to get really really drunk"  but not that it had to be consumed orally.

This is absolutely true, in fact, taken this way, alcohol is absorbed into the bloodstream as quickly, or quicker, than ingesting it orally. It's a disturbing fact that kids/teens have discovered that alcohol enemas won't leave alcohol on your breath (as discernablly) and "get away with" drinking, per se, at school dances and functions and pass the "breath test" at the door.

*edit - I have not, nor do I ever, intend to perform a study on this subject.

Edited by sty 2006-10-19 8:50 AM
2006-10-19 8:50 AM

Edited by spokes 2006-10-19 8:52 AM
2006-10-19 8:57 AM
in reply to: #572183

Elite
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

jeanneroth - 2006-10-18 5:47 PM

I ordered a bloody mary in Lake Geneva and they brought it with a beer chaser. Eww.

A bloody mary is supposed to come with a beer chaser, silly.  Its called a "snit" in these parts.  

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Irish Car Bombs.  1/2 pint Guinness into which a shot ofa mixture of Bailey's Irish Cream and Jameson Irish Whiskey are dropped.  Consume rapidly.  I can get pretty effed on those. They taste like creamy chocolatey goodness. 

During my college years, my fraternity would put on a rush event called "Tequilathon".  We had several rooms around the campus as stations and would host prospective members for upside-down margaritas.  For the uninitiated, an upside-down margarita looks a little something like this:

In one hand is the margarita mix, in the other, the tequila.  Open yapper, pour generously, swish around a bit, and as the chair is flinging you upright, swallow.  We had a variant of that whose name escapes me (probably because I got blind drunk that night since the host has to drink a lot).  Similar procedure as above but the mix is this: generous pour of tequila, splash of margarita mix, spoonfull of tropical punch KoolAid mix, and a splash of very, very cheap beer.  No wonder my vomit was blood red after several of those.

Aaah, those were the days.  Now everytime I get drunk I need a week to recover.  I swear every time that I'm not going to ever get that drunk again... 

2006-10-19 8:58 AM
in reply to: #572556

Elite
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

jeanneroth - 2006-10-19 8:45 AM

I still can't drink Southern Comfort and that was from High School!

Heh.  Mine's Sloe Gin.  What were we thinking?!?! 

2006-10-19 9:02 AM
in reply to: #572569

2006-10-19 9:04 AM

Elite
Armpit of Ontario

16 yrs old, went blind for a day after a lemon gin bender. No lie. To this day can't even drink lemonade.

Looking back at my youth, I should be dead.

2006-10-19 9:08 AM

Elite
Armpit of Ontario

Embarassed to be Canadian and say this:

I can't stand beer

First time ever actually getting drunk on beer was during college. I had never consumed more than one or two, but on this occasion I had 15, and spent the next several hours puking foam. A good whiff of beer now still gets me gagging.

On the updise, I met my future wife that night, and we just celebrated our 17th aniversary 2 weeks ago. 

2006-10-19 9:28 AM

Master
Denver
Matchman - 2006-10-19 7:57 AM

A bloody mary is supposed to come with a beer chaser, silly.  Its called a "snit" in these parts.  

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Irish Car Bombs.  1/2 pint Guinness into which a shot ofa mixture of Bailey's Irish Cream and Jameson Irish Whiskey are dropped.  Consume rapidly.  I can get pretty effed on those. They taste like creamy chocolatey goodness. 

See page 1. I mentioned car bombs. When I lived in the mountains we used to go to $.25 beers at the country bar for happy hour and then next door to the Irish bar for $1 car bombs. Its much nicer to walk home when the temp is below 0 when you don't feel it.

If you really want to get messed up though go to Vermont. With a doctors note you can buy grain alcohol.
2006-10-19 9:30 AM

over a barrier
WE had the Bull Ice challenge from time to time. Two of these babies, in 20 mins. You had to supply your own bucket, if you had to use the bucket...you lose.

http://www.40ozmaltliquor.com/bullicehg.html

Smoooooooooth, like a brick in the face!

Edited by running2far 2006-10-19 9:34 AM
2006-10-19 9:40 AM

Master
Winder, GA

I don't know if these drinks are the fastest ways to get drunk but they taste pretty good.

In college at parties my husband would mix up a drink called a Bullfrog. It usually got mixed in a large, clean cooler so it would stay cold. It was a mixture of vodka or Everclear and Sprite or 7Up (7up has more bubbles) and then a gallon of lime sherbert was dropped in. As the sherbert melted some it became a bubbly, foamy yummy drink. If you drink it fast (which was most of the time) it has a habit of sneaking up on you

I made the mistake of doing 21 shots (back-to-back) for my 21st birthday. My friends had bought 21 mini bottles of liquor at the store and "made" me take a shot from each of them. Cheap gin is by far the nastiest liquor drank straight. I have never been so drunk in my life and was hungover for 2 days.

My current favorite drink my husband discovered on a trip to Sweden. I'm sure it was around before then but we didn't know about it   It's a mix of vanilla vodka and coke. It's really good if you like vanilla coke because when mixed right, it tastes just like it and will knock you on your a$$ if you're not careful.

2006-10-19 10:14 AM

Veteran
BR, Louisiana
First... You guys ROCK. And I thought this was all running, biking and swimming. You have all shown me that there CAN be two diminsions of cool.

Second... try POWER HOUR. It takes one hour, so it may not be the fastest, but man will you get f'ed up. One swig of beer a minute, every minute. The time keeper tells you to drink, and if they miss a minute (and they will), must chug a beer. Then the person on the left becomes time keeper. Must have ALOT of beer on hand. I love this game. Always play on the deck when we go to Grand Isle, looking at the water. Hmmm, weekend plans... NO, must run...

You are all a bad influence
2006-10-19 10:19 AM

Extreme Veteran
So many good stories... but the best drunks came from my time going to Uni in Glasgow Scotland where I was introduced to the classy act of Snorting Sambuca up my nose... the process involved squatting, then standing up really fast... or something like that. It is kind of a blur.

I also did tequila shots out of a coffee cup one night. Replace Lemon and Salt with orange and cinnamon. I actually knocked my self out out on the back of a toilet while barfing... the bouncers kindly dragged me under the stall door, and carried me out and laid me on the sidewalk outside (or so I was told). Played in the Varsity Volleyball game the next day and I was still HAMMERED... but impressively not hungover.

Last up... the 21st Birthday "Dirty Pint"... everyone bought me a shot of their choice... threw it in a pint glass and topped it with Guinness. The only time I lost full feeling in my legs. Ironically, I remember everything about the night... but when I got up to leave... I just fell down. Some of the guys had to carry me home and up the 4 flights of stairs to my dorm room. ( I would like to reiterate my Athena status here... I am about 6 foot and 180 pounds)... Bless their hearts... They left me with a trash can and a bottle of water.

Those days are over now... more than 2-3 drinks and the next morning is complete Hangover death!
2006-10-19 10:23 AM
in reply to: #572670

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member

mingram - 2006-10-19 10:14 AM First... You guys ROCK. And I thought this was all running, biking and swimming. You have all shown me that there CAN be two diminsions of cool. Second... try POWER HOUR. It takes one hour, so it may not be the fastest, but man will you get f'ed up. One swig of beer a minute, every minute. The time keeper tells you to drink, and if they miss a minute (and they will), must chug a beer. Then the person on the left becomes time keeper. Must have ALOT of beer on hand. I love this game. Always play on the deck when we go to Grand Isle, looking at the water. Hmmm, weekend plans... NO, must run... You are all a bad influence

We used to do this with a shot glass. Figured it out one time, that a 1.5-ounce shot every minute for an hour is the equivalent of nearly eight beers. Lot of beer to drink in an hour.

2006-10-19 10:27 AM
in reply to: #572683

Veteran
BR, Louisiana
the bear - 2006-10-19 10:23 AM

mingram - 2006-10-19 10:14 AM First... You guys ROCK. And I thought this was all running, biking and swimming. You have all shown me that there CAN be two diminsions of cool. Second... try POWER HOUR. It takes one hour, so it may not be the fastest, but man will you get f'ed up. One swig of beer a minute, every minute. The time keeper tells you to drink, and if they miss a minute (and they will), must chug a beer. Then the person on the left becomes time keeper. Must have ALOT of beer on hand. I love this game. Always play on the deck when we go to Grand Isle, looking at the water. Hmmm, weekend plans... NO, must run... You are all a bad influence

We used to do this with a shot glass. Figured it out one time, that a 1.5-ounce shot every minute for an hour is the equivalent of nearly eight beers. Lot of beer to drink in an hour.

Yup, seems about right. Bet you never knew we had so much in common
2006-10-19 10:45 AM

over a barrier
100 shots of beer in 100 mins, was known as the Century club while I was drinking, I mean going to college.

60 Shots of beer in 60 mins, was known as the hour of power....

2006-10-19 10:50 AM

Expert
Lake Geneva
Matchman - 2006-10-19 9:57 AM

jeanneroth - 2006-10-18 5:47 PM

I ordered a bloody mary in Lake Geneva and they brought it with a beer chaser. Eww.

During my college years, my fraternity would put on a rush event called "Tequilathon".  We had several rooms around the campus as stations and would host prospective members for upside-down margaritas.  For the uninitiated, an upside-down margarita looks a little something like this:

In one hand is the margarita mix, in the other, the tequila.  Open yapper, pour generously, swish around a bit, and as the chair is flinging you upright, swallow.  We had a variant of that whose name escapes me (probably because I got blind drunk that night since the host has to drink a lot).  Similar procedure as above but the mix is this: generous pour of tequila, splash of margarita mix, spoonfull of tropical punch KoolAid mix, and a splash of very, very cheap beer.  No wonder my vomit was blood red after several of those.

Aaah, those were the days.  Now everytime I get drunk I need a week to recover.  I swear every time that I'm not going to ever get that drunk again... 

been there, drank those...love em!
2006-10-19 11:06 AM

Extreme Veteran
W. Michigan
Back at Waldo's at Western Michigan, Thursday nights was mixed drink pitcher night. A college student's dream. A full pitcher (not one of those mini-pitchers) of strong dring for $5-6. After two long islands you'd be feeling fine, and the brave souls would go for the 3rd.

Ahh, those were the days, no class on fridays,
2006-10-19 11:07 AM

Runner
Lessee...popular among my collegiate associates was Sabot Punch. 5 gallon jug filled with several bottles of Everclear, and a couple cans of fruit cocktail, left to soak for about 5 days.

I was always partial so SoCo and lemonade. Don't know if that gets you drunk faster....or more than anything else mentioned. Car bombs are still a favorite.

Heh, one time my friends made up something they called "The MExican Chicken". Consisted of a bottle of Tabasco, some Old Crow, and a bottle of mezcal (including the worm), all mixed together in a three liter soda bottle, and left to "marinate" for a month or so outside. When you did a shot, you had to wear a big purple felt sombrero on your head, then walk around the house clucking like a chicken. Of course, we also tended to drink from old combat boots and helmets.

After turning 21 and going to bars, the preferred method was to drink several pitchers of Guinness in the 2 hours of half priced happies. I think my record at the time was 3 in 2 hours. By myself. Other people liked the Monkey Boys. Basically a pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea, but with different flavorings added to it instead of the coke, and a handful of cherries thrown in for good measure.

Looking back, I was really weird in college........
2006-10-19 11:11 AM
in reply to: #572746

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Best Way To Get Really Really Drunk Thread Rss Feed  

of 4