General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Is there a Plano/Allen/McK/Friso club Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-12-07 9:01 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Is there a Plano/Allen/McK/Friso club
I'm about to join the Plano Bicycle Association and hang out with them during their monthly get togethers. I've been riding with them for the last couple of weekends. But before I do, I just wanted to find out if there is an alternative that I don't know about. Are there any social events where tri-geeks from around the Plano area get together periodically and hang out? If not, no worries, I'll go hang with the roadies.

2006-12-07 9:10 PM
in reply to: #619113

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Is there a Plano/Allen/McK/Friso club
There are a bunch of us up here that get together for races and other social stuff but nothing official.  If you do some races in the area in the coming season you'll likely run into most of us.
2006-12-08 8:47 AM

User image

Expert
Plano, TX

There is a "Frisco Area Tri Sports Organization"; however, it's a very loose group.  They started at the beginning of this year.  They are organized over at www.ontri.com, but you'll find a few of them here as well.  Tommy (ZiaCyclist) is one that comes to mind. (and me, too.)  There have only been a few get togethers for dinner over the year, so if you're looking fot he social aspect, the PBA is probably a better bet right now.

That said, you might as well get your name on the list for the Frisco group so that you get notified if they do have any events.  There were no membership fees.  There were some informally organized group rides and run, and I even shared carpooling and a hotel room for the Athens sprint last year with someone I met in that group.  If found that the more people I know/recognize in this sport, the more fun the races become.

(I have got to start riding with PBA again.  If I do, I'll be the guy in the Cookie Monster jersey or the Longhorn jersey.  Say hi.)

2006-12-08 1:02 PM

User image

Master
Frisco, Texas

Dallas Athletes club is trying start up some group workouts in the Frisco area.  I was going to tell you to check out their website, but it's down for remodeling (www.dallasathelets.com).  The swim coach is Kristin Warner; I swim with her Master's group at Lifetime Fitness in Addison.  Todd Coddish is the bike coach.  He's a triathlete and spinning instructor at Lifetime.  He's leading the bike workouts (I think).  When the website comes back up you can check for locations and times.  I haven't made any of the bike workouts, but may ride some next season.

There is also a group called Fit to Train.  But I can't find their website.

TJ

2006-12-08 2:02 PM

User image

Dallas
Fit2train (www.fit2train.com) has its 'north group' in that area. And there's a group named Peak Endurance Club (www.peakenduranceclub.com) in htere too.
2006-12-08 8:49 PM
in reply to: #619286

User image

Extreme Veteran
Allen
davidb - 2006-12-08 8:47 AM

There is a "Frisco Area Tri Sports Organization"...

I've been trying to get out of the F.A.T.S.O. club now for about a year and a half.  That's why I started doing triathlons.   

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Is there a Plano/Allen/McK/Friso club Rss Feed