Canadian Triathlon Forum Quebec » Where to ride in montreal? Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-26 9:15 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Where to ride in montreal?
I am planning on doing the Oly Tri in September. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good places to get in practice rides. You know, somewhere you can get in a good long ride without fighting to much traffic.

Edited by bturton 2007-02-26 9:17 PM

2007-02-27 9:10 AM
in reply to: #704346

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
Subject: RE: Where to ride in montreal?

I only visited montreal about 5x, but saw some good riding roads on Rue Berri and up the Mont Royal.  Given the tech-savvy nature of the city and people, I bet there are many good routes listed on various websites... using "cyclisme montreal" in google I found this one with a Course button showing two routes, shorter and longer.

http://www.world-cup-cycling.org/world-cup/index-wc.htm

Amusez-vous bien au velo a Montreal! 

-Sunny

2007-04-06 3:54 PM

I live in Montreal and you can ride safely on the F1 track in old Montreal. It might be a bit boring going round and round but the surface is baby smooth and it's 4.5 KM a loop. Otherwisethe closest place is Lake Placid. Montreal is a not a bike friendly place and the roads will play havoc on your bike and teeth.

Edited by rongranich 2007-04-06 3:55 PM
2007-05-31 6:54 AM

User image

I'm coming from a cycling background and am slowly getting my feet wet in triathlon. There are quite a few places to ride in and around Montreal. There are also a few good cycling clubs to ride with, as lond as you aren't using aero bars. (Beaconsfield cycling club.)

A simple and relatively traffic free 20k ride is Ilse Bizzard. Good for training both running and cycling,

Where in Montreal do you want to start from and I'll try to map out some rides. Mount Royal's Camille Houde and Westmount ride are fun hill workouts.

R
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Quebec » Where to ride in montreal? Rss Feed