General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I am totally clueless! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-15 2:40 PM

Subject: I am totally clueless!
Hi, guys-

I've thought about doing this for a while and so I took the plunge and safely signed up for the Kansas City Corporate Challenge tri at Shawnee Mission Park to be held on June 10th. I am planning on heading out in May to watch how things work at the Big O in Olathe. I think I'll need to see stuff to understand it.

I have bike being loaned to me from a friend and it's the biking part that is my weak point. I'm hoping I can go from spinning to biking without making a total fool out of myself in the next 56 days.

My big question is...swimming...Any ideas on what the water temp is generally like at Shawnee Mission lake the first part of June? Do I plan on needing to rent a wetsuit? If I don't and swim, obviously in my swimsuit, how would I transition that to biking and running? I am just feeling totally out of my element but don't want to sink in a ton of $$ if I decide to only give this a go once.

I hope I like it and I'll get hooked...but it would be an expensive mistake to make.

Edited by RDonner 2007-04-15 2:45 PM

2007-04-15 6:50 PM
in reply to: #761865

Subject: RE: I am totally clueless!
Okay...I think I'm on the right track. The answer is the tri suit...right? I'm thinking I can do a tri suit and not have to worry about transitions...and maybe not have to mess with a wetsuit.

Any opinions on wetsuits in Kansas? Do you all find you need one or are you generally okay without?
2007-04-16 1:14 PM
in reply to: #761865

User image

Expert
Kansas
Subject: RE: I am totally clueless!

I think a wet-suite waiting in the wings would be wise..... I don't own a suite so I'm doing the Du

In T1 you would remove the wet-suite... I've been told that w/practice it can be done quickly

Good luck this season 

Eric

by the way welcome to BT

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I am totally clueless! Rss Feed