General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Paleo eating: fruits as carbs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-17 2:25 PM

Subject: Paleo eating: fruits as carbs
The object of this thread is NOT to start a debate on the merits of paleo vs vegan vs vegetarian vs whatever diet their is.

I just want to know if some use mostly fruits as carb replacements after medium/long workouts and how does it goes

Thanks

2007-04-17 3:58 PM
in reply to: #765142

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: RE: Paleo eating: fruits as carbs

After workouts I do a recovery drink/bar be it chocolate milk / RX4, a Power bar, etc.  I'm currently consuming at least 4-6 fruit servings though-out a day to get sufficient carbs. 

Funny thing, my 2nd grade son is learning about the health and diet (for lack of a better word).  Couple days ago it was the food groups and serving sizes, he asked me about what I eat, how much fruit, etc., "You're doing good Daddy" was his reply!

2007-04-17 4:13 PM
in reply to: #765142

Master
portland, or
Subject: RE: Paleo eating: fruits as carbs
I followed the paleo nutrition plan in 03 & 04. Fruit was a mainstay of my diet, but after a longer workout and/or harder workout I went for bread, pasta, rice, etc. As I understood Friel and Cordain, this was in line with their philosophy. You need the higher glycemic foods post workout to replinish your glycogen stores.

After easier and shorter workouts, I would stick to fruit.

Although my current diet isn't really "paleo" (I eat more bread today), I still eat a lot of fruit, veggies, and lean protein, and stick to real food as much as possible.

scott

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Paleo eating: fruits as carbs Rss Feed