Regina Police Service
8C / 46F
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 39m 44s
Overall Rank = /800
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 5.30 FOR an 8:30 start. Had usual pb and M nd Nutela. Cup of coffee. Took it easy left the house at 7:45.
Had a cliff bar and some Gatorade 15 minutes before the run.
Event warmup:

Did some short distance running, lifting knees, some skip running
Run
  • 2h 39m 44s
  • 21.5 kms
  • 07m 26s  min/km
Comments:

tarted really strong, started to fade after 5 k. Kept going pretty well. Walk breaks at Water stations. Then at 15 k, my body shut down and ran out of energy...Had to walk a lot. Couldn't pick up my pace like I wanted to.
I was at 2 hours at 17 k, on track for pr, then it all fell apart. Had three Gu gels and one enervit...Gu did nothing for me. had enervit G sport for on board drinks and had water and gatorade at every stattion.

Got a funny tummy after the third GU, that's why I switch to enervit.

What would you do differently?:

Do more long run training before the event.
Do some speed work.
Maybe run with others...I ran alone. I find that I find it easier to stop and walk when I'm alone...I don't have to make excuses to anyone or let anyone down.
Pick up my legs more...too much of a shuffle.
Post race
Warm down:

Sat in an uncomfortable chair and ate crappy food.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not training enough. Gu gels did nothing for me, I ran out of energy. Work on my prerace nutrition a little more. I thought I had plenty of glycogen, but that wasn't the case.
Maybe I didn't get enough sleep the night before.

More speed work
More hill work, I've done none this season!

Event comments:

Really crappy food. Eggs and potatos and starchy danish...(bacon and sausage) Low end of breakfast fare.

Very good technical shirt in Race package.
No finishers' medals.
Good group of people, the who's who of local running. Many of my friends had PRs - the weather was great..The course was fast

Last updated: 2007-02-09 12:00 AM
Running
02:39:44 | 21.5 kms | 07m 26s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/800
Performance: Average
2252 cals avg HR 149 Max 165.
Course: Wascana park. Big lake, little lake then back to big lake.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %1 %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-04-22 6:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs
Subject: RPS Half Marathon

2007-04-22 6:34 PM
in reply to: #772008

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs
Subject: RE: RPS Half Marathon
Try a little harder, next time ya bum...I tried to push myself, but I just had nothing left...Gotta do more hill work and speed work...
2007-04-22 6:52 PM
in reply to: #772008

you finished....10, 15 years ago, bet you never pictured yourself crossing the finish line of any foot race, let alone a half mary....there are plenty of ppl you know that dont, wont or cant run....yup we should all trainer harder, smarter, longer, faster but we should all have a life too....a wise man said something like....sometimes you are ahead, sometimes you are behind but in the end the race is only with yourself...as long as you remember your sun screen you're good....and so now i ask....do you really think a run of that distance is a smorgasboard? its only 21k....eat breakfast....drink some water....voila race is over.....now you can yell at me next weekend....just remember you did it ....thats all that matters, you passed, by one mark or 20marks, a pass is a pass..........congrats...pick yourself up dust yourself off and get outside on your bike!!! its all bout the bike.....biking is fun.....
2007-04-22 7:07 PM
in reply to: #772031

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs

weigh2go - 2007-04-22 5:52 PM you finished....10, 15 years ago, bet you never pictured yourself crossing the finish line of any foot race, let alone a half mary....there are plenty of ppl you know that dont, wont or cant run....yup we should all trainer harder, smarter, longer, faster but we should all have a life too....a wise man said something like....sometimes you are ahead, sometimes you are behind but in the end the race is only with yourself...as long as you remember your sun screen you're good....and so now i ask....do you really think a run of that distance is a smorgasboard? its only 21k....eat breakfast....drink some water....voila race is over.....now you can yell at me next weekend....just remember you did it ....thats all that matters, you passed, by one mark or 20marks, a pass is a pass..........congrats...pick yourself up dust yourself off and get outside on your bike!!! its all bout the bike.....biking is fun.....

Thanks E...You made me smile. 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » RPS Half Marathon Rss Feed