Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Bicycle Commuter Act Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2007-04-30 4:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA
Subject: Bicycle Commuter Act
I used to bike commute whenever possible when I lived in Brooklyn, over the Brooklyn Bridge and into Manhattan. I miss that... This was sent to me and I thought everyone here would be interested in this whether you are a bike commuter or not. the link at the bottom allows you to "take action" and send notes to your representatives via email. Pass it on.

Bicycle Commuter Act reintroduced
Ask your Members to Cosponsor House and Senate bills

On Wednesday, March 13, the Bicycle Commuter Act was re-introduced into both the House and Senate. The bills seek to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the transportation fringe benefit to bicycle commuters.

The House bill, H.R. 1498, was introduced by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) with nine co-sponsors and has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee.

The Senate bill, S. 858, was introduced by Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) with seven co-sponsors and has been referred to the Senate Committee on Finance.

The legislation would provide bicyclists with a similar tax benefit to that currently enjoyed by transit users and car parkers, through voluntary, employer-run programs. This small incentive to ride rather than drive to and from work should be seen as an important element of broader efforts to tackle climate change as well as traffic congestion, obesity and other critical challenges.

Please urge your Senators and Representatives to co-sponsor this legislation.

http://capwiz.com/lab/issues/alert/?alertid=9520176

2007-05-01 9:55 AM
in reply to: #782199

User image

Expert
Olathe, KS
Subject: RE: Bicycle Commuter Act
Cool thanks!
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Bicycle Commuter Act Rss Feed