Regina Multisport Club
12C / 54F
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 41m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 41-49
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Last night sweapt course with powerbroom...wore out my arms. This morning helped set up a bit...

Got up early. Had pb&J and Nutella. Coffee. Read a little relaxed. Got to the race course and heled set up.. Very relaxed. Pouring rain. Miserable weather...I just loved it.
Event warmup:

Not much of a warm up possible. moved some sandbags.

Swam 100 m before my heat
Swim
  • 17m 56s
  • 750 meters
  • 02m 23s / 100 meters
Comments:

Great swim, although I know I could have gone faster if I had some open water...couldn't really get into my rythm and had to keep slowing down. Could not stretch out and my breathing suffered because of it.

overall happy with swim
What would you do differently?:

Try to pass and stretch out a little more. Avoid pool swims.
Transition 1
  • 03m 51s
Comments:

Had to sit down to get shoes on. a little disoriented. The rain was pissing down so I had to put on a light jacket...glad I did. Walked to bike and to mount area...happy with transition.

Run through transition.
Bike
  • 43m 15s
  • 20 kms
  • 27.74 km/hr
Comments:

I felt fast and confident. I probably could have gone even faster. Gear changes were great and the bike/aerobars felt like an extension of my body...tri shoes worked well...Bike got really really dirty...gears sounded kind of unhealthy with all the road grit in them, but never let me down. Swalbe tires were perfect...never felt out of control even on some fast turns. Twice I skidded to avoid another (goof!) and brakes and tires were good. Good dry and wet performance.

Pushed even harder. Worked harder around the turns to find a better line...Hard to do with potholes!
Transition 2
  • 02m 31s
Comments:

shoes were a little tight with bungee laces because socks were soaking. had a little trouble getting them on. Left hat. Rain had stopped. Didn't need it. Walked to start...had drink and gel

run through transition...not have trouble with shoes.
Run
  • 33m 3s
  • 5 kms
  • 06m 37s  min/km
Comments:

Happy with run. A little too warm - still wearing rain jacket - sun came out.Could have pushed even harder. Didn't have to walk, even though it was very brief. No complaints

Ran faster, no walk
Post race
Warm down:

Sat around with a big foolish grin on my face...Had a protein bar and lots of liquid

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My own slowness. The rain didn't affect me, the crowd in the pool slowed me down.

Event comments:

Great organization...Excellent venue (except for poor road and potholes.) RMC did great job...(My volunteering helped!) Great first nations dance before awards ceremony. Brent Gibson award was very touching...Food good...There should have been coffeee.

Over all no complaints!

This is a personal best for me and I am ecstatic!

Last updated: 2007-02-15 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:17:56 | 750 meters | 02m 23s / 100meters
Age Group: 15/
Overall: 87/
Performance: Good
Swam slowly. No chance to pass Water very turbulent and hot...inhaled lots...fastest time ever! Got out of the pool fast and strong.
Suit: Craft tri shorts, no top
Course: University of Regina pool. I hate this pool I've decided...but I was very comfortable in it. It's just kinda dreary.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Average Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:51
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:43:15 | 20 kms | 27.74 km/hr
Age Group: 19/
Overall: 64/
Official time has me at 49:52 - but that is counting transition. Great ride...pissing rain started kinda slow, but picked it up. Lots of out-of saddle sprints. Passed all but one (George) who passed me and nearly made me crash at a turn that he missed...twice. Course terrible with potholes and puddles. Wind in three directions. Felt fast, felt confident and good. The bike was a dream
Wind: Headwind with gusts
Course: Around University... 4 x 5k loops through a couple of parking lots at snail pace.
Road: Potholes Wet Cadence: 80
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:31
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Below average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
00:33:03 | 05 kms | 06m 37s  min/km
Age Group: 20/
Overall: 94/
Performance: Average
A little slower than I wanted. Walked at water station twice and half way up hill. Way back sped up...Happy with run, could have gone faster! Felt good and confident...pushed near end and felt it. Good push.
Course: Bike path north east of university turning back on douglas park hill...highest climb in the city
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %3 lbs
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-05-06 6:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs
Subject: Brent Gibson Memorial Icebreaker

2007-05-06 6:06 PM
in reply to: #790610

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs
Subject: RE: Brent Gibson Memorial Icebreaker
Nice Race! Personal Best Baby!
2007-05-06 10:00 PM

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème

Well giddy on up .  Great job of knocking it out, personal best-ing and enjoying enduring the miserable weather!

2007-05-06 10:11 PM
in reply to: #790812

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs
What doesn't kill us only leaves terrible unsightly scars...Not this time...Girly man didn't melt from a little rain....but the bike she got dirty.
2007-05-06 11:55 PM

User image

Regular
Regina, Saskatchewan

Was that George K. that was ahead of you and almost made you crash??  Some of those potholes were nasty and the fact they were filled with water made it hard to see the marks we made around them...unfortunate.  One of the KOS girls from Saskatoon wiped out on the bike coming out of the first curve going west.  A younger kid was coming the other way and wobbled left and right...couldn't decide which way to go...and crash right into her!  She had road rash pretty much everywhere including her stomach as she was wearing a short top.  Felt bad for her but she managed to have a decent attitude about her as we helped her "clean up".

Ready for the next race??  Rock on!

2007-05-07 9:39 AM

User image

Master
Saskatchewan

Great race! Awesome PBs!

2007-05-07 10:32 AM
in reply to: #790872

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs

Yeah, George...bloody Greeks..don't trust him...Twice he almost missed the turn and I was right behind him twice I had to slam on my brakes to avoid him....but I had a good chat with him. Nice enough guy, for a Greek. Pretty good biker. He's the only person that I couldn't pass.

It was a great idea for me to do some of the course cleaning the day before...I knew where all the trouble spots were...and didn't have to worry about the distracting paint job on the ground...whoever did the marking must have been on drugs or a pharmacist or something!

Thanks. 

2007-05-07 10:33 AM
in reply to: #791152

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs
Thanks....And thanks again for volunteering...Next race I expect you to be giving me a run for the money!
2007-05-07 1:39 PM
in reply to: #791280

User image

Regular
Regina, Saskatchewan
I was quite proud of our paint job!  I'm sure my Kindergarten teacher would have been impressed as well!
2007-05-07 2:15 PM
in reply to: #791678

User image

Extreme Veteran
Land of living sighs

trisportnick - 2007-05-07 12:39 PM I was quite proud of our paint job! I'm sure my Kindergarten teacher would have been impressed as well!

Lovely, but you spelled K.O.S. wrong...lol 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Brent Gibson Memorial Icebreaker Rss Feed