Hess Cancer Foundation
75F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 50m 30s
Overall Rank = 8/69
Age Group = M 25-29
Age Group Rank = 1/4
Event warmup:

The race was close to my house, so I just rode over there. It ended up being a little farther than I thought, but not bad. I don't think it killed my performance any
Run
  • 00m
  • 0 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 32m 48s
  • 10 miles
  • 18.29 mile/hr
Comments:

This was a mass start, which was a little different than I am used to. I ended up standing in the front of the pack at the starting line by accident. got passed by the elite bikers pretty fast. A lot of other people passed me right off the bat, but I caught up to them after they realized it was a long hill and they weren't going to be sprinting up it. I pushed pretty hard up the hill and made a pretty decent pace. After the turn around and popped in my highest gear and sprinted down. I ended up losing a little steam in the middle of the return leg. I shifted down and took it easy to get my HR back down. I couldn't see anyone else in sight in my AG that I was going to be able to pass, so I didn't push the last 2 miles.
What would you do differently?:

I passed a lot of people on the climb, only to get tired and have to slow a little. I should stick to my own pace instead of worry about passing people that early.
Transition 2
  • 00m 37s
Comments:

This was a seamless transition. I managed to get my feet out on top of my shoes OK, but it was a little late. I just had to slam on the brakes since I hit the dismount line. Transition area was small, so pretty easy in and out.

Some speed laces would be nice, but not much else. 37 seconds is not that long.
Run
  • 17m 5s
  • 2 miles
  • 08m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

Run went OK. I was a little worried about my IT band/hamstring, but they didn't bug me too bad. I got the normal cement legs coming off the bike, but honestly I am not sure I ever got my running legs back this race. I just kept a pretty hard pace and didn't stop or slow down. Just kept telling myself it was only 2 miles. Pace was about as planned

Nothing went poorly, just need to get my running endurance and leg fully healed.
Post race
Warm down:

Nothing, I should have walked and stretched a little, but I just sat on the grass.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Well I got first in my AG, so did I NEED to go faster? :)
Really I didn't do anything dumb this race. I am getting the hang of racing and I just need to train to become faster. This race was pretty small and the AG were pretty narrow, so it wasn't like I deserved first. I'll take it though!

Event comments:

I had a lot of fun at this race and it was for a good cause. It was pretty disorganized though. I hope they can do a little bit better job next year. I'll be back next year.

Last updated: 2007-05-18 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 00 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/4
Overall: 0/69
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
T1
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Run with bike?
Jump on bike?
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
00:32:48 | 10 miles | 18.29 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/4
Overall: 12/69
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Gradual uphill for 5 miles and then turn around and head back down for the last 5 miles.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:37
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:17:05 | 02 miles | 08m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/4
Overall: 18/69
Performance: Good
Course: Out and back course. light incline on the out route. Pretty simple course and not much to complain about
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2007-05-26 6:42 PM

User image

Master
West Jordan, UT
Subject: Sunrise Duathlon

2007-05-30 2:32 PM
in reply to: #818304

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Sunrise Duathlon
Congrats on the hardware. Very cool. Yeah, I had no idea that was you. I can't believe you didn't say anything as we finished together! I didn't think to look for your photos. You are doing really well. I can tell you from past experience the consistent training is what does it more than anything. I've only been at this a year myself but I've noticed the consistency makes all the difference in the world. You seem to do a great job of staying consistent. Actually, you probably beat me in this one as I DQd myself by missing that turn and it cut my bike by about a 1/2 mile. Way to go man. Great race.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sunrise Duathlon Rss Feed