United States
BolderBOULDER
Sunny
Total Time = 8h 00m 40s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 1203/2012
Pre-race routine:

For some reason, I woke up around 3:30. Hello? I went to be around midnight. I have been up late celebrating my daughter's high school graduation with family and friends (and beer) for the past 4 nights. This is NOT good preparation.
Ate a banana and drank some coffee. chugged down tons of water. ran out the door only to realize that i forgot my sunglasses at one of the parties the night before. nice.
Got to the PNR around 5:45. Got to boulder around 7:20. I had to piss to damn bad. waited with the other 7531566 to use the portapotties. Finally made it up to my wave.
Event warmup:

Stood in my wave for about 30 minutes trying to stretch out some. I typically really need to stretch before running and didn't have a chance to. (I didn't plan this too well)
Run
  • 1h 05m 9s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

i felt like s**t at the start. completely bloated and on carb overload from the night before. i figured i could just shake it off after i got going. started out slow thinking that i would just need some time to get into my own world. ran mile one at a relatively slow pace but started to feel better. pretty much taking in all of the people and strategies (if you can have one with 50,000 people around). ran mile two still at a mild pace letting my body realize that it is time to start running. Then mile 3 hits. Did anyone want to tell me that Boulder has hills? Why I didn't think about this before, I don't know. This sucked. My body just decided to start shutting down. My shins started killing me, I had a crappy side ache and my sinus' were screaming at me to buy some Sudafed. I thought I could just shake it off. I walked for a while just trying to get my head back into the game, but no. I made it through three and four and then mile five. Finally some downhill. I ran down the downhill and into mile six. By then, I felt like I was just barely running. There was no way in he** that I was going to walk in the stadium, so I picked up the pace and ran into the stadium. Finally it was over.
What would you do differently?:

Not drink for 4 days straight prior to my race. Get more rest
Post race
Warm down:

Walk over to the expo tent and drink my michelob ultra.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My big fat stomach

Last updated: 2007-04-07 12:00 AM
Running
01:05:09 | 06.21 miles | 10m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 1203/2012
Overall: 0/
Performance: Bad
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-05-31 5:07 AM

User image

Highlands Ranch, CO
Subject: BolderBOULDER

2007-06-03 7:16 AM
in reply to: #823521

User image

Extreme Veteran
northeast Ohio
Subject: RE: BolderBOULDER

Warm down:

Walk over to the expo tent and drink my michelob ultra.

Hair of the dog.......?   

Funny RR!  Sounds like just the cure for not enough sleep and little too much carb loading!  Fun race!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » BolderBOULDER Rss Feed