General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from the UK - Reading Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-31 4:22 PM

New user

Subject: Hi from the UK - Reading
Hi everyone

Just wanted to say and also say that on the 19th May (also my 30th birthday) I completed my first sprint Tri using the training programme on this site - BRILLIANT! Thank you!

FINISHED AND LOVED IT!

I have done the london marathon and a load of half marathons, but found the tri good fun and also rewarding.

All the guys that work with me think I am crazy for doing all the training and exercise I do, but I guess that you guys will agree it is a good thing!

Thanks guys!

Oli

2007-05-31 10:07 PM
in reply to: #824691

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Hi from the UK - Reading
Those who do not do it don't get it...those who do it get it! There is nothing like the feeling I have after a long run or ride...partly because it's over and partly because I can say I DID IT!!

Keep up the good work.
2007-06-07 5:33 AM

User image

Regular
Warsaw, Poland

Hello Oli!

I am also from Europe (Poland) and did my first triathlon last week Welcome to BT, I am sure you will meet many great people here. Are you planning to log your workouts?

Cheers

Marcin

Edited by Marcin 2007-06-07 5:34 AM
2007-06-08 8:32 PM

User image

Expert
Malvern, England
Welcome! You are causing me to be nostalgic. I used to live in Wokingham and work in Bracknell so know Reading well for the shopping!
I live in NE USA now though.
Anyway congratulations on your first tri - they can get kind of addictive - it's a great lifestyle to have
2007-06-08 9:58 PM

Reading, UK

Congratulations on your first race - glad to hear you enjoyed it.  I crossed the line in my first race last year and signed up for another 2 the next day!  My colleagues think I'm mad as well.

I'm from Reading too btw (although living in Singapore for 3 months) - there are a few races around which should keep you busy!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from the UK - Reading Rss Feed