Sunny
Total Time = 31m 30s
Overall Rank = 15/254
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 4/35
Pre-race routine:

Overall Rank-Female Division only.
Not my normal routine for this race.
Coughing up my lungs...took a nice warm shower and ate a clif bar. Tried to take in as much fluid as I could.
Event warmup:

Warm-up (i'm laughing silently)
Got there with plenty enough time but nature called and they we're lacking Port-o-potties this year. I did some basic stretches in line but no pre-jogging warm-up like I normally do.
Run
  • 31m 30s
  • 4 miles
  • 07m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

If you see above I've selected "Drinking amt: Not enough", let me elaborate. I would have hydrated more during the run however, there was only one drink station at mile 2. Which is fine considering it's a 4 mile run but with how hot the temp was two station would have been a little better.
What would you do differently?:

Lets see...Not get in front and decide to pace with the guy wearing the jersey saying "Atlanta Track Club-Competition Team" All I have to say is I had a great first mile!
Post race
Warm down:

More like cool-down, I was warn enough after that race.
Where's the ICE? Found tubs of ice and shoved it in my sports bra and shorts -it was one of those oh... that feels good-but not thoughts.
Stretched,Stretched more, and then Stretched more!!!! My hammies we're tight!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The coughing with the accompanied dry throat. It about killed me to spit because my mucus was so think (TMI).
I should not have gone out so fast but to be honest I really don't think I was thinking straight. I also should have kept it down to a crawl (more like a training run not a race) and kept cooler.

But in my defense there we're several runners who ended up passing out either within the last mile or after the race due to the heat.

Event comments:

I love this race. It's flat and fast and its a great time to make a PR. The race has been around 20 years and I'll keep running it as long as they run it!

Last updated: 2007-05-04 12:00 AM
Running
00:31:30 | 04 miles | 07m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/35
Overall: 15/254
Performance: Below average
Miles/Toughts: 1- 2- 3- 4-
Course: Flat and fast. Maybe one incline in there. It's a course loop around Perimeter Mall in Atlanta.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Bad
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-06-25 2:39 PM

User image

Subject: Magnolia Run

2007-06-26 8:44 AM
in reply to: #859291

Atlanta
Subject: RE: Magnolia Run
Hi there! I posted a race report on the same race. I came in at 29:53. I think I may have paced with you for a little while on the last mile. I hear you on the lack of water stations. I was surprised there was only one.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Magnolia Run Rss Feed