General Discussion Triathlon Talk » safe place in milwaukee to lock bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-26 12:09 PM

User image

Milwaukee, WI
Subject: safe place in milwaukee to lock bike
Do any of you work in downtown Milwaukee and ride your bike to work? With summerfest arriving I will be riding my bike to work instead of paying $10 a day to park. I'm looking for suggestions as to where to lock the bike up, preferably near Northwest Mutual/U.S. Bank building area. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2007-06-27 9:26 AM
in reply to: #860934

User image

Veteran
Chicago (Old Town)
Subject: RE: safe place in milwaukee to lock bike
I think I recall seeing some bike racks in parking garages around there.. It's a bit of a hike, but I know that there's pretty safe bike-parking in the mall parking garage down Wisconsin Ave...

And I think there's a pretty good sized-rack in front of the Art Museum..

Edited by julio26pt2 2007-06-27 9:29 AM
2007-06-27 10:38 AM
in reply to: #860934

User image

Veteran
Sullivan, WI
Subject: RE: safe place in milwaukee to lock bike
I worked down their for many years and came to the conclusion that there isn't anywhere I'd feel "safe" locking my bike....i always propped mine up against the wall of my office....

just a thought how about you find a co-worker with a larger vehicle and maybe offer to cover their parking costs 1 or 2 days a week and allow you to put your bike in the back of their car...

or is there a spot you could stash it in the office somewhere....

not much help i'm afraid...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » safe place in milwaukee to lock bike Rss Feed