General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge - Run3.5 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Boston, Massachusetts
United States
JPMorgan Chase
84F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 39m 26s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

The race did not start until 7:30pm, so I worked until about 6:00, then got changed into my running clothes and headed over to where the race was. I had parked nearby, so I put my bag and extra stuff in my car and then went out to find Celeb_ithil. I found the rest of her company's team, but she was nowhere to be found. It turns out she was running a bit late, so once she got there her team had left. We went back to where I was parked to put away her extra stuff, then made our way over to the race course.
Event warmup:

I knew that there was a serious risk of getting dehydrated, so I drank a 20oz bottle of water before the race. I then stretched a bit before lining up according to my planned pace.
Run
  • 39m 26s
  • 3.48 miles
  • 11m 20s  min/mile
Comments:

Damn, was it hot! I felt pretty good for the first few miles, but then the heat and humidity started getting to me so I had to slow down for a bit.
What would you do differently?:

Next time, I'm going to wear a proper running shirt, instead of the "company uniform" t-shirt that I was given. After the first few miles, it was soaked and stuck to my body, making it incredibly uncomfortable.
Post race
Warm down:

After the finish I met up with Celeb_ithil again, and we walked back to the parking garage where I was parked. We then drove to Porter Square and had some dinner before calling it a night.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The heat and humidity.

Last updated: 2007-03-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:39:26 | 03.48 miles | 11m 20s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
No HR data, I had brought the wrong HRM strap! :(
Course: Flat, out-and-back course along Commonwealth Ave in Boston. Red Sox fans and Boston Marathon fans will recognize that the turnaround was in Kenmore Square, right under the Citgo sign.
Keeping cool Bad Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-06-28 9:55 PM

User image

Expert
Framingham, MA
Subject: JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge

2007-06-29 8:12 AM
in reply to: #865402

User image

Pro
MA
Subject: RE: JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge

Next time, line up at the front.  There were walkers lining up at the 6-7 min/mile area. 

Thanks for the ride, the was a great night out. 

Watch out for shirt-less bikers. 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Rss Feed