General Discussion Race Reports! » Terramuggus Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Terramuggus Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #2 - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Marlborough, Connecticut
United States
Pig Iron Sports
85F / 29C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 21m 8s
Overall Rank = 96/126
Age Group = Female
Age Group Rank = 25/40
Pre-race routine:

Left work just before 5 p.m. Picked up Chris and drove out to Marlborough.
Event warmup:

Walked around a little bit. Drank some of the purple liquid in the cooler (which appearantly wasn't the best idea). Chatted with Polly for a little bit and made my way to the water.
Swim
  • 08m 40s
  • 400 yards
  • 02m 10s / 100 yards
Comments:

So I mad the decision not to wear a wetsuit, which was the correct decision, the only problem was that my zoot top was not particularl "supportive" and the entire front came down throughout the swim. I was afraid someone was going to look back and me and pretty much see my swimming topless, which may impeded my swim time a bit.

Also of note they didn't have a timing mat comign straight out of transition so my time was swim plus transition and not swim alone.
What would you do differently?:

If I'm not going to wear a wetsuit, I need to wear a swim suit. Live and learn.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

With not wetsuit to take off, transition was pretty quick. I did have some trouble getting my bike out of transition seeing that there were no celar aisles, but otherwise things were good.
Bike
  • 41m 43s
  • 12 miles
  • 17.26 mile/hr
Comments:

This was probably one of my best bikes ever (other than throwing up the purple liquid I drank at the beginning of the race -- not fun, but didn't loose any time), the only rpoblem was that I came to the top of the last hill on the first loop I made a right turn instead of a left turn. The volunteer standing at the turn screamed "left" as I made the wrong turn. Instead of realizing that I was supposed to turn left instead of right, I thought someone was trying to pass me on my left. After a few moments of rolling down a nice hill I hit a deadend and realized I was supposed to turn left. So I rode back up the hill and proceded on the correct course.

Follow the course (Duh!) and no more unidentified purple liquid.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

No time for T2 either (calculated as part of the run time). Took a little time to change shoes.
Run
  • 30m 45s
  • 3.2 miles
  • 09m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

So the heat/humidity/lead legs caught up to me on the run. I ran the entire course, but I could never really kick it upthe way I wanted to. I figured it wasn't worth pushing it too much, especially in light of the fact that Patriot is in 3 days. Finished strong (although my stomach was not happy with me).

Drink more on the bike. All I had was the foul purple liquid with me on the bike so I really didn't drink at all.
Post race
Warm down:

Talked to Pam, Polly and Kathy for a little while until Chris got wicked antsy and wanted to go get dinner. Left the park and got pizza (yum).

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Three biggies:

1. Lack of proper swim attire. Next time I'm wearing a speedo.
2. Poor choice of fluids. I need to remeber to fill my own bottled (even if I'm coming straight from work)
3. Following the correct bike course.

Last updated: 2007-06-19 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:40 | 400 yards | 02m 10s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/40
Overall: 0/126
Performance: Average
Suit: No
Course: Triangle -- out to a buoy, around the buoy and back.
Start type: Wade Plus: Shot
Water temp: 75F / 24C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:41:43 | 12 miles | 17.26 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Max = 174 (90%) Avg = 159 (82%)
Wind: None
Course: Double loop. Hilly on the front side of the loop with some swet downhills on the back side of the loop. This time around I added a little lollipop to the first loop when I made a wrong turn and took about a 1 mile detour.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:30:45 | 03.2 miles | 09m 37s  min/mile
Performance: Average
Max = 174 (90%) Avg = 159 (82%)
Course: Loop around Lake T with several rolling hills. Nice flat/downhill finish.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-06-29 7:59 AM

User image

Pro
Nutmeg State
Subject: Terramuggus Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #2

2007-06-29 2:55 PM
in reply to: #865612

User image

Master
CT
Subject: RE: Terramuggus Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #2

LOL! about the swim suit! I can see how that might be a distraction! Next time don't drink the coolaid!

You did great in spite all the little mishaps. You really can't help but have fun out at Lake T! 

2007-06-29 5:53 PM
in reply to: #865612

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Terramuggus Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #2

Nice race and very cool about the bike split...just wait on that new hot bike your bike splits are going down (ie faster) all season I suspect.

Purple coolaid gotta watch out for that and the blue bike arrows!

Glad you came out and played at Lake T...now onward to Patriot...see you this weekend!

It was a great night and thanks for being sweet and kind to Emily!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Terramuggus Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #2 Rss Feed