of 5

2007-09-14 7:48 PM
in reply to: #965763

User image

Regular
upstate NY
Subject: RE: Plus Size Tri Gear
I have been very happy with my Zoot TRIfit short 8"
I have used them for running and biking and plan to wear them for my first race 9/23.

2007-09-14 7:51 PM
in reply to: #866930

User image

Veteran
Where did you buy them from?

E
2007-09-14 7:56 PM
in reply to: #965780

User image

Regular
upstate NY
http://www.trisports.com/zowotr8sh.html

They are on sale now and XL and XXL are in stock
2007-09-15 12:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Hate to be so high maintenance. I am going to order the zoot 8 inch tri shorts... any suggestions for L, XL, or XXL? I am 5 1 a solid pear and wear either a 14 or a 16 women's plus on the bottom. Also... any great tops from zoot?

E
2007-09-15 1:48 PM
in reply to: #966138

User image

Regular
upstate NY
My XXL are not too tight. I am 5'4" and weigh 180. I wear a 16 pants and have huge thighs. So I'm not sure if you need a L or XL. I guess it depends on how tight you like 'em.
No need to apologize. On the website page for those shorts there are waist and hip measurements that may help you decide.

Don't know about their tops but was considering trying.

Edited by healthierme2 2007-09-15 1:49 PM
2007-09-15 1:52 PM

User image

Veteran
We have close dimensions... only I am shorter. Perhaps I should get the xxl. Thanks!

Elizabeth

2007-09-15 2:36 PM
in reply to: #949353

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

slowfattri - 2007-08-31 6:53 PM Hey everyone, I just wanted you to know a couple of really encouraging things: 1. Enell is coming out with a new bra next month (the Enell lite) which they say will be comfortable and seamless enough for everyday wear as well as lower impact sports. I'm very excited about that! I mentioned Enell in my book so they contacted me to thank me and let me know what they had coming up. The president of the company actually emailed me! I was so excited. 2. The Enell prez then gave my name to a marketing person for a very-well-known technical fabric company (I was asked to keep the name of the company quiet for a while until they've finished their research). This company is doing research into the market for plus-sized women athletes and wanted me to tell them what I thought people's needs were. I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with this one gal and told her everything I'd ever thought or heard or read in my interactions with other Athenas. I'm also going to put a section on my website inviting comments and suggestions for this company. So the word is getting out there that not all athletes are stick figures! Cheers Jayne

Hi Jayne-
If this company you speak of needs testers, please send them my contact info (you have my personal email).  I am very motivated to try new stuff! 

I like my Enell and think the Enell light sounds good.  I just ordered another Goddess Bra, though, as theirs dries fast post-swim and is more adjustable.

Thanks, Leslie

2007-09-15 3:39 PM

User image

Regular
Hey Leslie,

Unfortunately right now all they're asking for is our feedback on our experiences. I'm certainly hoping that this research leads to many new lines of Clyde/Athena-friendly technical wear, but it's not there yet.
2007-09-18 10:28 PM

User image

Veteran
I wanted to follow up with a thank you... I ended up ordering the zoot trifit 8' shorts in an xxl and they are great. Love the little pocket that stashed my ipod and love the grips around the thights. I probably could have gotten one size smaller...but I like having a tad of room. I also ordered the trifit tank and they accidently sent me an xl.

BTW... after ordering the the trifit tank and getting the wrong size... I found it on Sierra trading at half the price. They have some great things with equally great prices.

Thanks again.
Elizabeth
2007-10-09 6:58 PM

Hey, all! Just wanted to say thanks for all the great advice on tri gear. Just completed my first tri on Sept. 30, and I FINISHED!!!! :-) Was near the bottom of the pack in the athena category, as one knee started to give out, so I walked/shuffled most of the run, but hey, I was comfy and my goal at this point is just finishing the races, not necessarily placing! I HIGHLY recommend the Danskin 7" tri shorts, stayed in place the whole race, even when saturated with salt water (ocean swim - what a nightmare!), and the padding was sufficient for the bike. I sucked it up and wore an orca XL tri top, so everything would fit under the wet suit I rented. (Boy, I REALLLYYY hate spandex!) Hopefully by next year, I'll look better in the tight stuff. I'd also recommend to anyone doing this for the first time to wear two pieces, instead of the one-piece tri suits. The one piece is handier, but it's a pain in the butt going to the bathroom. Did this race with a girlfriend who wore one, and she took twice as long in the potty as I did! Girls, don't worry about how you look, there's lots of us "big girls" out there, so just go show your stuff and DO IT!!! Athenas ROCK!!!! Can't wait for my next race! Thanks again everyone, for giving me the courage to step WAY beyond my comfort zone and do this! Keep movin' and keep "tri-ing"!
2008-02-25 12:10 PM

User image

Master
Long Beach, CA
I wanted to let you all know, in case you hadn't heard, that Junonia finally came out with plus size tri gear. It goes up to a 5X! There is a singlet, shorts, a one piece suit, and a long sleeved swimming-something-or-other. Anyway, check it out. They're pricey...but they'll fit us! Woo Hoo!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Plus Size Tri Gear Rss Feed  

of 5