General Discussion Triathlon Talk » XLab Avenger TT or Cervelo P2C Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-12 10:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peoria, Arizona
Subject: XLab Avenger TT or Cervelo P2C

Okay, so I have been working on getting a new (upgraded) bike (currently I have a 2005 Giant TCR Aero), but I still don't have the new bike, but now I have a new one added to the list and it is the front runner right now. 

The XLab Avenger TT.  Everything I have seen impresses me about this bike, and it is a little better priced than the Cervelo P2C frameset.

What that means is I can do a little better on the build kit.  And, actually the factory build kit from XLab is pretty nice - other than the wheelset that is - so with an upgrade on the wheels (and maybe the saddle) I would have more bike for the same money as the P2C.

And, from what I have read the Avenger (while a little heavier) is much stiffer and rides and tracks much straighter.  I'm liking this bike. 

Anyone have experience with either bike - your comments/reviews would be appreciated.

2007-07-12 11:38 AM
in reply to: #882851

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: XLab Avenger TT or Cervelo P2C
SwmBkRn - 2007-07-12 10:47 AM

Okay, so I have been working on getting a new (upgraded) bike (currently I have a 2005 Giant TCR Aero), but I still don't have the new bike, but now I have a new one added to the list and it is the front runner right now.

The XLab Avenger TT. Everything I have seen impresses me about this bike, and it is a little better priced than the Cervelo P2C frameset.

What that means is I can do a little better on the build kit. And, actually the factory build kit from XLab is pretty nice - other than the wheelset that is - so with an upgrade on the wheels (and maybe the saddle) I would have more bike for the same money as the P2C.

And, from what I have read the Avenger (while a little heavier) is much stiffer and rides and tracks much straighter. I'm liking this bike.

Anyone have experience with either bike - your comments/reviews would be appreciated.

From their sites:
http://www.airointernational.com/avenger.html
Carbon Frame, Fork, Aero Seatpost—$1799.00
Carbon Bike w/Dura Ace 10 Mix Kit—$2999.00

http://www.cervelo.com/bikes.aspx?bike=P2C2007
P2C frameset $2,000.00
P2C DuraAce bike $3,000.00

I don't see a huge savings when purchasing the whole complete setup - only the frameset purchase itself would be a nice cost savings (approx. $200 US). Then you would need to start tacking on items and trying to save. I'm not an expert to decide what wheelset would be better, less costly than the P2C wheelset.

I guess for me it would come down to how the salesperson was with me, and personal bike color.

I'm sure either bike would be terrific (but on a personal note and am just getting into this whole ordeal, I love my Cervelo P2SL Limited Edition and can't imagine how much more improvement there is with the P2C). Good luck with your purchase and provide photos when you get it!!

Edited by 1stTimeTri 2007-07-12 11:45 AM
2007-07-12 1:37 PM
in reply to: #882851

New user

Subject: RE: XLab Avenger TT or Cervelo P2C
if I understand correctly the xlab bike is the same bike that is also marketed by Beyond Fab, Pedal Force, Planet X, etc. You may want to check around those companies too to see who has the best price. I met the Beyond Fab guy at ironman CDA this year and he is a great guy. There is a thread over on slowtwitch.com that a guy is talking about his new plantet x bike. Sounds like a great bike. Good luck
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » XLab Avenger TT or Cervelo P2C Rss Feed