General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Terramuggus Triathlon Series # 5 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Lake Terramuggus Triathlon Series # 5 - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Marlborough, Connecticut
United States
Pigiron Sports
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 58m 12s
Overall Rank = 10/174
Age Group = M
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I met Ailene at my house in bridgeport around 4:30. We slounged around, enjoyed a bagel, then we shover off round 4:50. Hit traffic @ the tunnel. I think people just freak out in general when they see a hole in the side of a cliff. OH MY GOD we are driving straight into a MOUNTAIN! HIT THE BRAKES!!!!
Event warmup:

Arrived on site with 12 minutes until 6:30. What am I Pam or something? I am wearing my coast guard shirt that my lil SIS gave me. Some random dude comes running up to me all excited. Do I know this guy? "HEY! I am in the coast gueard too!" Sorry to dissapoint man, my sisters in the CG, not me. Get my number written on my calve by the cuttest little girl, thank her, get my chip, wade into the water. Ailenes already there, I see my buddy Johnny, I mentioned to Ailene that I hope Johnny remembered to get his chip. Ailene looks panick stricken and runs out of the water, she forgot to get a chip. Guy gives his shpeal on how we are all a danger to society and automibiles. DONT HURT THE CARS! THEY ARE VERY FRAGILE! AND IF YOU DO WE HAVE YOU ON VIDEO TAPE! AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO RACE IN THIS HIGHLY PRESTIGIOUS TRIATHALON EVER AGAIN!
Swim
  • 06m 15s
  • 437 yards
  • 01m 26s / 100 yards
Comments:

OK! So now you all know how much of a terrible burden you guys are for 1 hour every two weeks to the comunity, GO! I start swimming. Last T race I went out WAY too hard the first 100 yards and blew myself up and had a bad race. I decided I was just going to take it easy this time. I did. I got on some guys feet who was wearing a wetsuit for the whopping 400 yard 86 degree swim and settled in. I realize I am quite a bit off to the left. Thats ok. I kind of mosey my way over to the lead pack. I settle in behind some other chick. I feel good. Im not tired. BAM! Wetsuit dude hits me in the side of the face then punches me in the back. WTF! I kick him in the crotch hard and he dissapears like a death eater in front of dumbledore. Asshole! We round the bouy. I see the piranah feeding frenzy and decide to swim underneath them, which actually ends up begin faster. I hang out underwater with the Lake T monster, I surface. I come up and my buddy Johnny is right next to me. WHAT UP BUDDY! He is fast. I get on his feet. I hang with him for 175 yards and then I coast in to shore thinking where TF did those stupid shells come from. I run out of the water and have the most lightning fast transition of my life.
What would you do differently?:

nothing. perfect swim.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

I run out of the water. Me and Johnny's bike are right next to each other. He ran out ofd the water 10 seconds infront of me. Shoes, glasses, helmet, bike, I'm off! Johnny was still putting his shoes on when I ran out of T1. I jump on my bike and start hammering.

nothing, race is going perfect so far.
Bike
  • 32m 17s
  • 12 miles
  • 22.30 mile/hr
Comments:

I averaged 22.3 mph. Why do I still get passed on the bike like its my job? If my career was getting passed by people on the bike I would Mother F'en president. So i get passed by a couple people, if you didn't pick that up already. I drop my chain. I pick it up with the derailler, thanks for the tip Johnny! Coast gaurd passes me. What kind of bike was that, it looks like he stole it from a 12 yeard old. I was just passed by a coast guard thief on a 12 year old girls bike. WTF. ok. I am almost finished with the bike already when I hear Mark come up behind me. "I finally caught you after that 2:20 lead you got on me from the swim." Oh shit. I look down and hammer. I manage to keep him in my sights and start to ease up and coast and prepare my legs for the run. I go to go around the cones and into the finishing chute when some old dude passes me on the left and cuts me off! He takes out two cones and almost wipes out. I hope that extra 3 seconds you gained by passing me with 100 yards left on the bike really helps you out, and thanks for risking my life in the process... douche bag.

I don't know. I want to be faster.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

I get off the bike and thank the kind douche bag for almost killing me. I run past him. Bike down. socks, kicks, I'm off.

Nothing, transitions were good today.
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.11 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

I start running. I feel good. I look up and see mark heading into the woods. Insert f word here. He has 10 seconds on me at least. He is being pursued by four other people. I pass the four people on the trail and I see Mark making the turn onto the street. I decide to make my move. I pass him on the inside of the stop sign and almost twist my ankle in the process. Mark looks a little red and he says he is blowing up from hammering on the bike. I don't believe him and I kick it into overdrive. I pass a couple people like usual and it hurts liek usual. My tummy burns like crazy just like my legs. Climb, decend, repeat. I am running with one mile to go. I hate this part for some reason. I look behind me. No one Thank god. I definitely was not wanting an all out sprint to the finish. I come running down the chute and get an excellent welcome from the BT crowd and my parents. I look at the clock 58:08. Awesome.

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

Heres your chip. Theres my kicks. I plop in the lake, pee, wade away from it, chill, walkover to my parents and BT crowd and chat it up.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing. This was a good rce for me.

Last updated: 2007-07-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:06:15 | 437 yards | 01m 26s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 9/174
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: OnB
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:32:17 | 12 miles | 22.30 mile/hr
Overall: 0/174
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 03.11 miles |  min/mile
Overall: 0/174
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-07-27 9:52 AM

User image

Expert
Welcome to Super Mario World
Subject: Lake Terramuggus Triathlon Series # 5

2007-07-27 10:00 AM
in reply to: #903717

User image

Subject: RE: Lake Terramuggus Triathlon Series # 5
Lovely RR bait boy
BTW - "jack of all trades, master of none..." you finished 10th overall!!!!!!!!!!
Need I say more???
2007-07-27 10:19 AM

User image

Expert
Avon, CT
Great race and a very entertaining race report as usual! It was fun to watch you and Mark battle it out.
2007-07-27 10:31 AM

Expert

Great race baity...my legs felt like lead weights so there is no way I was hanging with you on the run.

The bike course is only 11 miles so your avg might be a little slower.  Besides, most people are like me...complete idiots who hammer the bike and die on the run.  Your way works better.

Mark

2007-07-27 11:47 AM

User image

Expert
NIce, I knew it was gonna be a great race for you. I love that you leave it all out there. Nice work Baity. Just remember IM is a lil different. Have fun now but a 5k isnt a marathon. You should be ready to killem in FLA.
2007-07-27 3:22 PM

User image

Master
CT
Nice job BB! Great RR as always!!

2007-07-27 3:34 PM

User image

Expert
Oak Ridge,
Great job Baity.  Love reading your race reports although with all the a'holes and d'bags out there not sure I have a big enough life insurance policy to risk participating in this race.  Did you puke?  I didn't see anything about puking?  No puking means you didn't push hard enough, no? 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Terramuggus Triathlon Series # 5 Rss Feed