Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2005-01-22 11:40 PM
in reply to: #69934

User image

Expert
Potomac, Maryland
Subject: RE: 13 hour cutoff
Gee, to make sure every one is recognized for where they place, maybe we could give a different color ribbon out for each and every place. Or better yet, maybe list finishers in rank order by number. Oh, wait a minute, we already do that.

2005-01-25 12:36 PM

Elite
Livingston, MT
I like the idea. Nothing wrong with saying "this year I'm shooting for a bronze, next year I'd really like to get a silver." For those of us that are goal oriented, it works. I can appreciate the otherside not caring about the distinction, and if they truly don't care, then they won't mind its existence. If Ironman wants to go out of their way to provide it, by all means, let them do so. Personally, I'd rather collect medals from different Ironman events around the world. That seems like a lot more fun than collecting different colored medals.

Smile, it's just a medal

2005-02-01 8:51 PM

User image

Regular
Adelaide, South Australia
Starting out in Triathlon (only done two races!!), with a goal of finishing an Ironman, I already have decided that when I finally finish one I dont care where I finish or what colour (sorry about the spelling Im an Aussie!!) ribbon I get, just knowing I have finished will suffice for me.
I know a couple of Ironman competitors who have no intention of racing for anything other than beating their previous race time. A goal most of us probably have, whatever distance!!
That will be my goal. I wont race for a gold medallion or a different colour ribbon. What difference would a medallion or ribbon make after the countless hours of sacrificing your time with family and friends?
A ribbon wouldn't help me thank my wife for putting up with my training, but my happiness in succeeding beating my own goals undoubtedly will. We ride all the highs and lows of training and now racing together.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 13 hour cutoff Rss Feed  

of 2