General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lower leg pain during/after running Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-10-13 12:31 PM

New user

Atlanta, GA
Subject: Lower leg pain during/after running
Hey all,

I'm experiencing some leg pain that can't quite figure out. First off - I'm new to running; been at it about 3 months; running 3.5 miles x 3/week. I've been fitted for good running shoes. The pain starts just behind my ankle and runs up the inside of my leg, ending where my calf muscle begins. It hurts a bit while I'm running, although not enough to stop; but really aches after the run and through the next 12-24 hours. I recently bought arch supports, at my husbands advice, they seem to help a bit but not significantly.

I don't think it's shin splints - already been through that (the right shoes eliminated that problem) and I don't think it's my achilles (spelling?).....any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!
Holly, aka "newgirl"

2004-10-13 12:33 PM
in reply to: #71991

User image

Elite Veteran
Northern Va/Metro D.C.
Subject: RE: Lower leg pain during/after running
you might want to get checked out for a leg length discrepancy. it could be a sciatica problem.
2004-11-11 5:40 PM
in reply to: #71991

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Subject: RE: Lower leg pain during/after running
what about extra stretching? this may help to alleviate some of the pain until you get a good diagnosis.

lots of luck, Milly
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lower leg pain during/after running Rss Feed