General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Burnout Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-08-20 7:17 AM

New user

Subject: Burnout
Hey guys (meant in a slang androgynous way),

My second years doing TRIs and my second year burnt out.

Have one more race left and I don't have any legs left.

Starting to think about my off season training and need some advice. I usually train for an early season distance (this year Oly, next year 1/2IM) and then do a series of local sprints that are spaced 2-3 weeks apart all summer (4-5 in all). They are soooo much fun but I find that my legs just get beat up and tired. I usually finish top 5% on the bike but now I don't have the legs to even get my HR up.

In the summer I work in a restaurant and am on my feet from 10-14 hours a day.
In the winter I lay tile and hardwood floors. Both are pretty demanding physically but I think the standing is what's affecting me more.

I'm thinking of busting my butt all winter for the early season distance race and then just maintain for the sprints. I'm starting to think that training for the sprints is just too much and the limited time between each doesn't really help me. Can I improve in these little stretches or are they hurting more than helping.

Are 4-5 races too much?

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

Billy

2007-08-20 9:38 AM
in reply to: #931633

User image

Pro
Libertyville, IL
Subject: RE: Burnout
What is your training schedule like?  Hours per week?  Any rest days?
2007-08-20 9:41 AM
in reply to: #931633

User image

Champion
Butler
Subject: RE: Burnout

It sounds like it is just the blues of your last race of the year coming up.  Take it easy for a few weeks after your race and then easy back into it.  Try not to do any set training and then near year end plan next year and see how you feel.  This is my plan at least.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Burnout Rss Feed