General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathlon One O One - race cancelled in The Woodlands Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-08-26 12:03 PM

User image

Master
Finally north of the Mason-Dixon Line
Subject: Triathlon One O One - race cancelled in The Woodlands

FYI if you registered for ths race in The Woodlands...... 

WORTHINGTON , OH - Triathlon One O One organizers regretfully announce the immediate cancellation of the Triathlon One O One series, including The Woodlands, Texas event scheduled for November 11.  The decision to cancel The Woodlands event comes as a result of the inability to secure permits for the race venue.   

Triathlon One O One will be issuing full refunds to all the registered participants of The Woodlands event, as well as those athletes who have transfers from previous Triathlon One O One events. All refunds will be mailed over the course of the several weeks. There are currently no plans to continue the Triathlon One O One series in 2008.   

Triathlon One O One would like to thank its sponsors, partners, communities and volunteers for their unbelievable support of the organization, its goals and its passion for the sport of triathlon.

"I want to personally thank all of those folks that supported Triathlon One O One and I sincerely apologize to the many triathletes who scheduled their season around our championship race in Texas . This is a very sad day for me, especially since we had great momentum going into The Woodlands event. The decision to cancel the series was a difficult one," said Shannon Kurek , executive director, Triathlon One O One series. 

"It is extremely unfortunate we will not be staging The Woodlands event despite all of our planning.  The challenges confronting us for this venue were far too many to overcome at this late stage in the game," said Doug Grout , national race director for the Triathlon One O One series. "The cancellation of the Triathlon One O One series is a sad day for me both personally and professionally, as it was truly exciting to be building this new distance and brand for the triathlon community."

Inquiries regarding Triathlon One O One refunds, or any other related details should be directed to: [email protected].

2007-08-26 7:44 PM
in reply to: #940607

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Triathlon One O One - race cancelled in The Woodlands
So wait:
They're cancelling the entire series forever because they couldn't get permits for the race in the Woodlands? That doesn't really make sense to me. What about the three other races that seemed to go so well?
2007-08-26 7:53 PM
in reply to: #941161

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sydney
Subject: RE: Triathlon One O One - race cancelled in The Woodlands
Lot of pros... not a lot of paying AG'ers...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathlon One O One - race cancelled in The Woodlands Rss Feed