United States
CRIM
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 18m 36s
Overall Rank = 1002/7250
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 21/458
Pre-race routine:

bought a rockstar and drove to the race. called rick in route to say HEY, good thing as i was his wake up call...who knew??:)
Event warmup:

walked the mile+ to packet pick up, walked back, met the kids, rkreuser and G8R. they took off for packet pick up and i hung out with my new team that i start coaching at the beginning of next year.

tried to find a free john about 10 minutes prior to the gun, wasn't happening, did the between car squat in the middle of flint as a group of 6 men walked by and decided to join me. i hope they enjoyed the view. they said i had nice calves...is that really what they were looking at?? i think i'm offended.

found my way through the elites to a nice comfy spot in the middle of 10,000 of my closest friends.
Run
  • 1h 18m 36s
  • 10 miles
  • 07m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

wasn't scorching hot, but the humidity was 137%...i think. poured water over me every chance i could. the white top was poor planning on my part, or was it....
What would you do differently?:

bring more nutrition.
Post race
Warm down:

walked back to the team tent and cheered people in the last couple hundred meters. saw G8R, gave her a good ass slap.

i'm not one to usually turn many heads so i think it was the 'poorly planned' white shirt that got MANY smiles from some racers on the way in. hey, i do what i can for fellow runners. who knew you could SEE these little things:)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

my lungs.

Event comments:

this race is awesome, i will run this race every year that i am still upright and moving forward. good times.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-08-20 12:00 AM
Running
01:18:36 | 10 miles | 07m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/458
Overall: 0/7250
Performance:
1st half-39:45 includes a 2:37 minute pit stop. yes, i timed it. so...a negative split i suppose??
Course: hilly wet streets through hilly downtown and some hilly residential areas. it was hilly.
Keeping cool Bad Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?