General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pontiac Lake Ride & Holly Ride/Run this Friday ??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-08-26 3:25 PM

User image

Master
Canton, Michigan
Subject: Pontiac Lake Ride & Holly Ride/Run this Friday ???
Plan on doing the Oly at Pontiac Lake on Sept 16th and Autumn colors in Holly on the 23. I was planning on making a trip up on Friday Aug 31, and was wondering if anyone is familiar with or want to hit any of the courses?

I real curious about the bike routes at both locations and the run at Holly, and figured since I was in the area a swim may be in order after bricking the bike and run. Maybe a ride at Pontiac, then hit Holly for a ride, then trail run. Just an idea.

I'd need to do it in the morning, and could probably be up at either location by 9 or 10.

Any interest, let me know.

Steve

2007-08-26 6:59 PM
in reply to: #940806

User image

Champion
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Gold member
Subject: RE: Pontiac Lake Ride & Holly Ride/Run this Friday ???

Oooh, good post. Unfortunately, I've got my kids that weekend, so I'm out. But you should be able to get the bike routes off the web and do 'em.

I've ridden pontiac lake and holly, and the courses aren't the difficult.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  

2007-08-26 8:07 PM
in reply to: #941089

User image

Master
Canton, Michigan
Subject: RE: Pontiac Lake Ride & Holly Ride/Run this Friday ???
rkreuser - 2007-08-26 7:59 PM

I've ridden pontiac lake and holly, and the courses aren't the difficult. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I read one review that made the Holly road ride sound like a ride along the West Virginia Turnpike with it's hills and narrow road. I've MTB at Pontiac and ran on the run course there before, but it's been a few years.

Either way it will be nice to ride/run somewhere other then my normal routes in western Wayne County.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pontiac Lake Ride & Holly Ride/Run this Friday ??? Rss Feed