General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jayne Rocks!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2008-02-06 7:03 AM
in reply to: #1196024

User image

Leesburg,
Subject: RE: Jayne Rocks!!!!

Rhonda, being a fatty is one of the mysteries of life!  I've been a fatty all 56 years of mine, in the same boat as you.  I can lose weight at about 1000 Kcal/day.  I don't want to be there anymore.  So I eat healthy, work out like a fiend, and stay the same weight.  I can either accept it and move on happily or rail and rage against the Fat Gods.  I choose the former.  I have the same joint issues as you do, 6'1" at 250.  It's a lot to pound down the trails.  My shoulders always ache from the arthritis.  Ditto lower lumbar.  I do what I can do and try to move forward.  Since we're both doing the 1/2 IM and full IM this year at about the same time, let's lean on each other for support, kiddo.  There are no answers to this one.  Suck it up & keep moving forward.  We're here for you!!Kiss

Kate

2008-02-07 9:10 PM
in reply to: #943694

User image

Regular
Evening all.

Rhonda, that is weird. And it must be frustrating too, because we are all told over and over again that if we eat "right" and exercise regularly, we *will* lose weight. So you're doing everything they say to do and you get fitter, but you don't get lighter. It's tough.

Maybe that calorie shifting thing that Jetlag's talking about could work, but if it doesn't, at least you know not to beat yourself up about it.
2008-02-11 4:26 AM
in reply to: #1200303

User image

Veteran
Epsom, Surrey, UK
SFT arrived today and I'm inspired already! :D Gonna have to sneak off to the loo for a quick read a few times today, I can tell LOL
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jayne Rocks!!!! Rss Feed  

of 5