United States
TBF Racing
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 07m 50s
Overall Rank = 51/75
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Matt and I drove over to the race and met up with Jen, Max and their girls. chatted and talked about the race. Jen was very nervouse about the bike as she had never particapted in anything like this, ever. I told her just to have fun with it and not to worry about the time. We took pics of our relay team "Relay Newbies"
Event warmup:

Walked down to the lake, it was about 3/4 of a mile just to walk down to the water! Got in and swam around a bit, water temp must have been at least 80, beautiful!
Swim
  • 29m 8s
  • 1320 yards
  • 02m 12s / 100 yards
Comments:

The water temp was great, but really choppy. every time I went to take a breath, I got a mouthful of water. The chop was pretty bad, I could not see the course! when I looked for the course points, I would just look for the closest red swimcap and follow them. The first few hundred yards were really bad, just fighting the current. After I rounded the first bouy I felt a little better about my swim, but felt like I must be the last person in the water. I was hoping on the way back to the beach that the current would help, but the way it was blowing, it was only marginally better than swimming out! at one point I felt like I was even getting a bit seasick! I was hoping for about a 25 minute time, but wound up getting out of the water at 29 minutes+. Kinda bummed.

Anyway, got out of the water and tagged Matt for the run up to the transition area. Was glad they let the runner for the relay head up to transition, as it would have been tough for me run amlost a mile to transition after the choppy swim. Plus the run is on sand! Ugg!
What would you do differently?:

I need to get my stroke looked at, and get faster!
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Matt ran up to tag jen to head off on the bike
Bike
  • 50m 33s
  • 14 miles
  • 16.62 mile/hr
Comments:

Jen wanted to get involved in tris when I sent her my race report from Vineman 70.3. She told me she was inspired! When I saw this relay tri posted, I thoguth it would be great for her to jump into the insanity of tris! she was nervous about the race and her hubby took a pic of her biting her nails, waiting for my hubby to tag her to start the bike. She had a great bike!
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Jen rode into transition, they let everyone ride in transition, and tagged Matt.
Run
  • 45m 29s
  • 5 miles
  • 09m 06s  min/mile
Comments:

Matt said the course was hilly and lots of trail/sand. He said it was a tough run course, but had a good time out there. He regretted wearing a navy shirt as there was not much shade. It was tough waiting for him to cross the finish, the anticipation is a killer....now I now how her feels wehn he comes to watch me race! Matt has been running sub 8 minute miles, but on terrain like that, so he was glad he still came in under 50 minutes for the run.
Post race
Warm down:

Ate some bananas, took pictures and waited for other to cross the finish line. We all enjoyed the race and hope to run it again as a team next year. In fact Jen's hubby is hoping he can get a team together and run it too!

Event comments:

It was great to have an all relay tri, very cool!!

Last updated: 2007-08-21 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:29:08 | 1320 yards | 02m 12s / 100yards
Age Group: 59/
Overall: 0/75
Performance: Below average
Suit: no
Course: Rectangle
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: High
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Bad