General Discussion Race Reports! » Jefferson Hospital Philadelphia Distance Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Jefferson Hospital Philadelphia Distance Run - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
United States
Elite Racing
63F / 17C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 04m 40s
Overall Rank = 6815/11629
Age Group = 50-54 female
Age Group Rank = 82/305
Pre-race routine:

pre-race routine for the evening prior to the race was atypical...went for a 4 mile walk (replacing an aborted OWS due to the chilly temps)...walked in sandals (not a great idea)....got home late and ate pasta at 8:30pm (way later than I usually eat before a race)...went to bed at 10:30pm (also later than I would have liked)....got up this morning at 4:45am...ate a banana, mini ww bagel with peanut butter and coffee (this is very typical)...the group all arrived early to my house (big surprise) and we were on the road by 5:55am...parked a little further away than last year
Event warmup:

nice walk from the car to the Art Museum....quite chilly, though...it was in the 50's this morning before the start...wore a long-sleeved shirt over my lucky Hoyas shirt...fortunately, Carrie was able to take our extra clothes since she was unable to run...went to port-a-potty twice before the race (this strategy worked in VA Beach)....after second time, it was time to get into the corral...race had already started!
Run
  • 2h 04m 40s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

Started run with Fred and Bob...planned to keep a 10.15 pace for the first 3 miles...it was very crowded going through the city which helped to keep the pace...we stayed together until the water stop at mile 6...Fred got stuck in the crowd, then Bob needed a bladder break (he really needs to work on this!)....so I was on my own....I felt pretty good and got stronger starting around mile 8....both Bob and Fred passed me, but I just kept running...felt great....weather was PERFECT..a new PR again!!!!.....2.04.40...I love Philly!
What would you do differently?:

not a thing!
Post race
Warm down:

made my way through the tight crowd to get my medal and my chip removed....went to get another pair of Spenco sandals...found the group at the fountain...drank my endurox, had a banana and pretzel...chilled a little at the fountain...I got to see the group of winners waiting to go on the podium to get their prizes on my way to the pretzels...very cool...they are all sooo small!!!....it is so hard to believe that the winner (Julius) finished in 1.01!!! WOW!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

minor aches....blister on top of left foot and old chafing abrasion on chest...didn't really hold me back, though

Event comments:

I love Philly!

Last updated: 2007-08-12 12:00 AM
Running
02:04:40 | 13.1 miles | 09m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 82/305
Overall: 6815/11629
Performance: Good
Course: A scenic and historic course through many of Philadelphia’s celebrated sites. The start and finish lines are on Eakins Oval, by the Philadelphia Museum of Art. From the start line, runners head towards Center City on the legendary Benjamin Franklin Parkway lined with glorious fountains, international flags and a vast array public art. Then pass City Hall and Independence Hall. After heading back up Benjamin Franklin Parkway, the course rolls down West River and Kelly Drives.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-09-17 9:23 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Horsham, PA
Subject: Jefferson Hospital Philadelphia Distance Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Jefferson Hospital Philadelphia Distance Run Rss Feed