Other Resources My Cup of Joe » THE BIG GAME Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-02-02 8:55 AM

User image

Expert
New Port Richey
Subject: THE BIG GAME
Tri Mom must have one big hangover. Haven't seen any posts from her. It was a great game though. Was the ending to halftime really a mistake? What was your favorite commercial? I liked the horse farting and the mule trying to become a clydesdale.

2004-02-02 11:35 AM
in reply to: #5750

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Subject: RE: THE BIG GAME
Congrats TriMom,

Your team won, even though the refs seemed to give a few crucial calls durning last night's game.

As far as the commercials go I liked the first Bud Light one with the two dogs. The old people and the bag of chips. And the ford commercials showing off the new GT were sweet!!!

I missed the nipple shot, the party I was at had a trivia contest that I was participating in, so I missed it. :-( I won a lot of prizes though!

Overall, an ok Superbowl, it was unbearable in the first half.
2004-02-02 12:47 PM

User image

Master
Berkeley, CA
Yup--

Congrats, Tri-mom. I saw nothing but the last 5 minutes of the game (that would be football minutes, as opposed to real life 30 minutes!) I imagine I saw the best part.

Dana
2004-02-02 5:07 PM
in reply to: #5773

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

Loved the game, will not be attending the parade in BOSTON 8). Just want to know if the Pats were getting all the calls, what happened to the fumble by the Panthers that was ruled incomplete. Also I have see children in school playing flag foot ball  push off more than Troy Brown. Still a great win for the home town. Also thought Vrable (sp) got the shaft on MVP nothing like forcing a fumble in the red zone. By the way Panther fans should hold there heads up high the cats put up a great fight. The game could have gone either way. Next stop World Series.

Joe

2004-02-02 8:14 PM
in reply to: #5789

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
yeah, I love that no matter what the Pats do, it's always because of a ref's call. NOT!.

I haven't been able to get on all day, and I was having withdrawals. Turns out I was using an old link and just needed to refresh it. grrrrrrrrr.

Anyhow, went to Boston to watch the game. Got out of there real fast too, but the police had already blocked of Kenmore Square. It had already gotten ugly there. Watched the game on a friends new 56" Samsung DLP (in HDTV of course). Amazing! And what a great game!

Personally, I thought ALL the commercials sucked, and so did the entertainment, except Aerosmith. The one that especially ticked me off was the kid in the pepsi commercial. Hi, I was arrested for internet piracy and prosecuted and now I'm rewarded with a commercial contract with pepsi. Nice message that sends. And they wonder why kids respect NOTHING.

before I get off my soapbox.....I don't drink....no hangover here. Just extremely tired. Stepping down now

Can't go to the parade tomorrow, have classes from 8 til 4 Sure wish they were doing it on wednesday.

2004-02-02 11:12 PM
in reply to: #5798

, Alabama
Personally, I only saw some of the first half. I let the kids stay up a little late and see up to and including the halftime show. Big mistake! My 8- and 11-year-old sons saw that lovely Timberlake/Jackson stunt. Some responsibility needs to be shown, especially in a sporting event that kids are likely to see.

Sharon

2004-02-02 11:15 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
A mule becoming a Clydesdale------where have I heard that before!
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » THE BIG GAME Rss Feed