Telos
40F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 07m 46s
Overall Rank = 83/432
Age Group = M 25-29
Age Group Rank = 13/43
Event warmup:

Forgot my sunglasses so I had a nice .5 mile run to my car and back. I did a little stretching as well
Swim
  • 07m 46s
  • 383 yards
  • 02m 02s / 100 yards
Comments:

This was a pool course. Since the swim was last, it was chaos. No control over who (or how many) was in the pool at one time. This was probably as bad as any swim could be. You had to go down one lane and up the next. But, normal size lanes can't fit 5 people side by side! You also can't hve people backstroking next to each other and squeeze by. After about 100m I just decided I was going to have to be a jerk and push past/over people if needed. Still there were times were I would have to stop and stand up to navigate. Pretty brutal. Time was OK given the Chaos, but I think I could have done about a minute faster if condition were better.
What would you do differently?:

wear brass knuckles
Transition 1
  • 01m 6s
Comments:

This was a pretty good quick transntion. since it was a reverse tri, this si run to bike t1. I got my shoes off fast and just needed to pop on my glasses and my helmet. I decided against my jacket even though it was cold, which turned out to be smart. I had a bit of trouble getting into my shoes on the bike and ended up losing about 20-30 seconds dinking with them while coasting along at 15.

not much. I practiced getting into the shoes and normally I'm faster, just wasn't my day.
Bike
  • 32m 3s
  • 9.9 miles
  • 18.53 mile/hr
Comments:

I think I did pretty well on this course. Nothing I did obviously wrong to slow me down. I am at the point where I need to put in some more miles of bike training to get faster and I haven't been. 18.5mph isn't bad, but I'd like to be close to 20 by next year.
Transition 2
  • 02m 55s
Comments:

reverse tri, so this is bike to swim. There was also a long walk to the pool that you HAD to walk. So I speed walked as best I could. All I had to do was rip all my clothes off down to my shorts and head for the pool. Easy. I also remembered to put my goggles on while walking, which is easy to forget. Nothing like jumping in the pool and having to stop and pop down your goggle. Overall I did well. Don't see how other got a minute faster than me because it is impossible to walk 200 yards much faster than I did :)
Run
  • 23m 34s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

I think I did well on the run segment. This was a reverse tri, so the run was first with a mass start. There were a LOT of people at this race and I pretty much had to cram in where ever I could at the start. I ended up behind a lot of slow people and it took a good .25 mile before I could get up to speed and start passing people. Run felt pretty good and my pace was strong. I nearly gave up and walked on the uphill, but I fought it and I was Okay once the course flattened out a little. I gave my final kick a little too early and faded a little in the last 200yards, but my overall time of 23:34 is about 2 minutes ahead of my stand alone 5k from a few weeks ago. Can't complain

Line up a little more toward the front. Save the kick for the last 100 yards, not .25 miles!
Post race

Last updated: 2007-07-25 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:46 | 383 yards | 02m 02s / 100yards
Age Group: 11/43
Overall: 81/432
Performance: Average
Suit: Tri Shorts, no top
Course: Snake style pool swim.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current:
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:06
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:32:03 | 9.9 miles | 18.53 mile/hr
Age Group: 14/43
Overall: 112/432
Wind: None
Course: Fun little 2 lap course. Starts out flat and then rolls down a long hill through UVSC. A small flat section and then a big half mile climb at close to 10% grade
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:55
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:23:34 | 03.11 miles | 07m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 20/43
Overall: 131/432
Course: Street course through suburban neighborhoods. One longish decline and a pretty steep incline.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-11-03 6:21 PM

User image

Master
West Jordan, UT
Subject: Telos Turkey Tri

2007-11-05 12:34 AM
in reply to: #1036501

User image

Extreme Veteran
Kuna, Idaho
Subject: RE: Telos Turkey Tri
Wow what a great race you had.  Training is paying off!!!!
2007-11-05 8:01 PM
in reply to: #1036501

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bend, OR
Subject: RE: Telos Turkey Tri

Dude, awesome run!!  You came out of the dark hole and into the light with running  Good to see those injuries are gone.  Hopefully, you'll be able to tackle more races in the coming year.  Again, great job!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Telos Turkey Tri Rss Feed