Walnut Creek Sports & Fitness Club
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 22m 44s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I got a bowl of cereal with Dennae and then we woke up mom and wished her happy birthday. The three of us piled into the car and went to race site.
Event warmup:

I warmed up by running for about 5 minutes--if that. Then, the sports club had one of their instructors doing warm-up drills that I half heartily participated in.
Run
  • 22m 44s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 19s  min/mile
Comments:

After giving Dennae a kiss, I headed torwards the front of the crowd and she went towards the back. This was her longest race. I haven't been training much this month--and I could feel it. I got off to a fast start running. As the race continued to go down Olympic Blvd, I felt like I wasn't running my best race--but I didn't expect it.

At the first mile, I felt very strong as we turned into the residential neighborhood. At about mile 2 I saw Dennae. She was still running but looking pretty tired. During the last mile, my speed was choppy, but I finished strong. As I turned into the parking lot I saw Danette cheering me on and taking photos. As I think about it, this was my first 5K
What would you do differently?:

I would like to add more 5Ks during my training season this year.
Post race
Warm down:

I walked back to my wife and we talked a little bit. After a couple of minutes I started to walk the course to catch up to Dennae. About 1/2 a mile into the course, I caught up to her. She was walking. I gave her a shot of CytoMax and we started to run back. We keep a nice 11 minute pace and she finished strong.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training--my winter vaction!

Event comments:

This race was well run for a local event. It started pretty much on time and was very fun. There were a lot of people at different abilities and it looked like everyone had fun. I would do this race again.

Last updated: 2007-11-23 12:00 AM
Running
00:22:44 | 03.11 miles | 07m 19s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: A simple out and back with a little loop around some neighborhood areas.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-11-23 10:56 AM

User image

Expert
Lafayette, CA
Subject: Turkey Trot

2007-11-23 12:38 PM
in reply to: #1065957

User image

Master
Gold Coast Australia.
Subject: RE: Turkey Trot
Congratulations, great speed!
2007-11-26 8:57 AM

User image

Expert
Great run It was fun... Just out of curiousity, were you in a Big Sur Half Marathon shirt?
2007-12-05 10:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Budapest, Pest Megye
I wish I would have known about this race, I live in Walnut Creek... Looks like you are doing the same races as me. Stop copying me! jk... ha ha
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Turkey Trot Rss Feed