Sunny
Total Time = 25m 55s
Overall Rank = 137/664
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 12/33
Pre-race routine:

Banana drove to the race
Event warmup:

Meet some of the group for the marathonfest and watched them move to the race start for the start of the half marathon. Ran around Lake Eola with two 30 sec to 1 min race pace pick ups
Run
  • 25m 55s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 20s  min/mile
Comments:

I need to make sure to review the course and learn the pertinent features to my Forerunner 305. When I got to mile one I thought it showed a 7:01 lap time. When I thought I was approaching mile two I looked at my watched and I thought it showed a total distance of 1.33 miles and decided to walk for 30 to 45 second because I figured if I didn't start walking I was going to blow up. When I looked up and started running again I was 25 yards from the 2 mile marker! What in the world was I looking at on my 305! If I knew the course and the watch features I would of known how close I was and would have kept running! After the race I was reviewing the watch I saw my first mile was a 7:24 not a 7:01! If I knew better I would of adjusted my walk to 15 to 25 seconds. It must of flashed my current pace not lap pace! Oh brother, when I crossed the finish line I think I must of double bounced the stop button, because as I was walking on the cool down I noticed my watch was still running! That was a bit bummer due to the chip was collecting clock time because there was no start timing mat.
What would you do differently?:

Review the course and I need to understand all the boxes that are popping up on the Forerunner 305
Post race
Warm down:

Walked a bit picked up a water and an orange slice

Last updated: 2007-12-02 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:55 | 03.11 miles | 08m 20s  min/mile
Age Group: 12/33
Overall: 137/664
Performance: Average
Course: Mostly brick roads, though not really unexpected because that just part of racing downtown. Mostly residential with enough shade.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes