Sunny
Total Time = 29m 11s
Overall Rank = 58/68
Age Group = Male 18-30
Age Group Rank = 3/4
Pre-race routine:

Drive there at 6:30AM
Event warmup:

Easy spin on trainer for 20 min. Kept heart rate at about 130 BPM. Then for about 10 minutes I did several spin-ups up to my Lactate threshold HR. Which is about 181 BPM. The last 20 minutes was an easy spin of about 20 min. Average heart rate was kept at 140bpm. (I still can't believe my warm-up took longer than the actual event!)
Bike
  • 29m 11s
  • 10 miles
  • 20.56 mile/hr
Comments:

I did this with standard road bars (I stayed on the drops the entire time) and spoked wheels (16/20 f,r) I also took off my bottle cage and did not carry water during the TT. I used a standard road helmet, no booties, and no skinsuit. I would say I did it like a traditional TT.
What would you do differently?:

Go faster.
Post race
Warm down:

Rode back to the car.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The atmosphere.

Event comments:

I did this time trial with road bars. I planned on doing a few TT's with road bars to establish a baseline. Then, I will put on a set of FSA Visiontech Tri-max's to see what kind of time savings they make. (I am like the other 97% of the general cycling public who cannot possibly afford wind-tunnel time!! =P)

Last updated: 2004-11-15 12:00 AM
Biking
00:29:11 | 10 miles | 20.56 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/4
Overall: 4/68
Performance: Good
Wind: Headwind
Course: The course starts out with a downhill section that allows the rider to gain momentum very quickly. This section lasts for about 1-2 miles. The road has a few gradual turns but nothing that will slow you down - it is open to traffic as well. After 2 miles or so you will reach a gradual climb that lasts for about 1/4 - 1/2 miles. Is is not a very large climb. After this there is a rolling course that continues to the turnaround, a cone in the middle of the road (with a race official for safety). Then it is 5 miles back to the finish. There has been a tailwind leading out and a headwind coming back in past races, very minor.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 95
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right