Patchy light drizzle
High 58F
Low 44F

Saturday - March 29

Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.00 miles
  • -----

Gentle ride to get the blood pumping and to finish my challenge minutes for March... A pathetically small target, but that is all that my schedule would allow, while remaining balanced with the other disciplines

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 50m

Hiked around Chelsea's favorite park - windy, but sunny and warm!

Happiness is...

• 47 degrees
  • Networking with "sister" engineers
  • Taking Chelsea for a great walk
  • Thai food and Flawless with the girls

Friday - March 28

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 23m

Today is going to be a fun day:

• I am listening to a robin sing its beautiful springtime song
  • I am working from home to "script" my presentation for next week's conference
  • I will then meet up with N for her birthday lunch, and will also get a tour of the US Federal Court House bldg. in Mpls - sweet!
  • The weather today is supposed to be exquisite!
  • Today is the "second target date" for finding out the status of the negotiations with the Seller's bank
  • I am sipping a delightful cup of Aveda pepperment-licorice tea (mmm)
  • The no-coffee brain fog seems to be lifting!!
  • Tomorrow I will be going to an all-day conference for the local chapter of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), which should be a lot of fun, including great networking opportunities. I have belonged to the society for over a year, but life and travel keep getting in the way of participating in local events.
Life is great, isn't it?

Thursday - March 27

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 3.50 miles
  • -----

Much, much better experience as compared with yesterday's fun... Combination of treadmill and elliptical work.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • -----

20 mins
Foam roller work

I met with Dr. Scott this morning... and told him about last night's ride, as well as the detox. He made the comment that exercise can be hard on the liver... to which I responded with a "duh"... yeah, the liver provides glycogen when the stores in the muscles are depleted. And, if the liver was already taxed from the detox, asking it give more was just out of the question! And, about 30 minutes into the ride, I was RAVENOUS!

Wednesday - March 26

Bike
  • 1h 08m
  • 13.00 miles
  • -----
Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 29m

Wow, spinning class was BRUTAL tonight... I believe that my body cleanse got the better of me... about halfway into the class, I broke out almost into a cold sweat... dripping off of me, and I felt as if I was going to pass out.... I could barely get my HR above 128 at that point... WOW!  But, that means that my body needed the cleanse.

The update is that Wells Fargo is SOooo backed up with this type of negotiation... they have not even assigned a negotiator to her file... {sigh}... the Listing Agent was told to not expect any news until this Friday... and that may just be, "yeah, we've assigned someone". So, patience, patience, patience.

Today, I am hoping to get an update on the status of my house... what's up with the negotiator, etc.

My cleanse and my "no coffee" are both going well. I DID take four Excedrin yesterday, just to make sure I did not get the dreaded caffeine withdrawal headache. Today I plan to take no more than three tablets.

Happiness is...

• Seeing my TEAM buddies at the gym, tonight
  • Getting a LOT of stuff done at work, today...
  • Being asked to get my LEED AP (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design - accredited professional), and then having that same person sign me up for a training class on 4/11. 

Tuesday - March 25

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1111.00 meters
  • -----

1/2 mile freestyle
4 laps = FS sprint / BS return
CD = breast stroke

Run
  • 34m
  • 3.10 miles
  • 10m 58s /Mi

Gorgeous, gorgeous run outside. Still had a breath-taking headwind, but I was able to take off my jacket for the run!

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 23m

Today is the "deadline" given to the Listing Agent with respect to when he would hear from the negotiator from the Seller's mortgage company relative to the Short Sale. The LA has "permission" to contact the negotiator if he doesn't hear anything... crossed fingers and positive thoughts about the listing price being acceptable by the bank for settlement of her mortgage.

Happiness is...

• 39 degrees at 4:45 AM - it is WARM out there!
  • Getting back in the pool!

Monday - March 24

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 21m

Go Lady Vols! My girls blew their opponents out of the water last night, and Pat Summitt even put many of her second string players into the game in the first half to give them playing experience. They play Purdue on Tuesday night... which is a conflict of interest for me because I like Purdue, as well... BUT, gotta stay with my team...

I am seriously toying with the idea of quitting my use of coffee. It just doesn't taste as good as it used to... in spite of using freshly-roasted beans, etc. Hmmm, perhaps I should take that as a sign that it is time to quit.
The only reason that I started drinking coffee in the first place is that a college love interest suggested that I learn to drink coffee so that we could have long, "deep" conversations over the bottomless pot of coffee that is served at Perkins restaurants. Makes me giggle to think about it now, but we certainly fancied ourselves to be "intellectuals", and needed to discuss "deep" issues (in multiple languages, of course)... ah, to be 20, again... um, no.

So... I have packed away my coffee-making stuff, and I am going to give it a go... I KNOW I will need to be cautious about a cold-turkey caffeine headache... those are the worst... but, I might as well give up a habit that serves absolutely no purpose other than to spend money, get a buzz, use electricity, and to use the rest room more frequently :)

Sunday - March 23

Strength
  • 30m

Frogs: 25
Bicycles: 20-20-11
Bridges: 20-20-20
Crunches: 60-50
Side Crunches: 40-50
Back Extension: 20
Bird dog (L+R): 20-20
Wall Sits: 60-60

Medicine Ball:
Circles (L+R): 10-10
Russian Twist (L+R): 20-20
Figure 8s (L+R): 15-15
Triceps: 15-15-12
Toss: 20-20-20
Lift+Press: 15-15-15

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 27m

Happy Easter!!

So, my sister and her fiance started a two week body cleanse about 9 days ago, and it is going well for both of them. He keeps giving Pam updates so that she can share them with me (I adore her fiance)
So... I decided that I should do some "spring cleaning", as well, and picked up a body cleanse kit from Trader Joe's.
I started the process last night, and I look forward to the results. Thankfully, it does NOT involve the need to change what I eat (while that would help, I am sure).

Happiness is...

• Easter! ... and being mindful of the true meaning of the day...
  • Listening to the birds chirping merrily outside, especially the chickadees and the robins
  • Cadbury creme eggs...

Yoganerd's Training Log

March 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance