Sunny
High 61F
Low 39F
SUNDAY
Sunny
High 65F
Low 45F

Thursday - April 10

I am going to try a new approach to my allergies, etc. and I have an appointment with a Chinese doctor who is licensed in acupuncture and also chinese herbs.  Next Thursday afternoon... it should be very interesting.  The wife of one of my co-workers has been seeing him for a while, and is experiencing relief for the first time from some pretty intense problems.  For now, I am supposed to juice (and drink) the following mixturre on a daily basis: carrots, celery, apple, spinach, pineapple, broccoli, potato.  It actually tastes pretty darn good.

Wednesday - April 9

Run
  • 1h 03m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 12m 36s /Mi

Wunning - but mostly run:
3.14 miles @ 11:06
0.73 miles @ 12:58
1.13 @ walk

Interesting how things play out. Two weeks ago I made an appointment with my dr. so that she would renew the prescription for my allergy medication. Today is that appointment... and just in time. Last week's trip to Baltimore really set off my allergies, and I have incredible chest congestion right now... and lots of green crud. So, perfect timing for getting good drugs to clear this up, and perhaps look at other allergy medication.

Tuesday - April 8

Monday became a "no electronics at home" day for me. I realized that after spending a day at work, I was doing a good job of coming home to be bombarded by electrons from my computer, telephone, tv, etc. No phone calls, no blogging, no e-mails, no HGTV. It was wonderful!

I may need to make this a weekly occurrence. Couldn't do the no-TV thing tonight, because I need to watch the TN women defeat Stanford.

Happiness is...

• Extra clean teeth - thanks to the dentist
  • Tennessee Volunteers own the title for another year

Monday - April 7

Sunday - April 6

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 49s /100 meters

1/2 freestyle
1/2 breast stroke

The musical was just wonderful - the teenagers did a fantastic job, and the musical has just a delightful story line. I cannot believe the voices on some of these kids - holy cow!

It was fun to be there to support Steve, and he did an incredible job.
580 miles of driving, for 5 hours with the family... time well spent!

Now, I am heading to the gym for a swim with Dawn, and perhaps a run or bike, afterwards. Then a little downtime before the viola-piano recital. And... the weekend will be capped off with the Final Four game between TN and LSU - Go Lady Vols!

Happiness is...

• Seeing Steve perform in Seussical
  • A fun afternoon with the girls
  • Tennessee is playing in the championship game on Tuesday night!

Saturday - April 5

Madison, to see Steve's musical.

Friday - April 4

Bike
  • 1h 15m 35s
  • 17.20 miles
  • 13.65 Mi/hr

* First outdoor ride of the season
* First rain of the season
* First rainbow of the season
* Bike went into the shower to clean off the grit, then I had to clean the shower, and I will soon be going in the shower, myself.
A GLORIOUS RIDE!!!
Non-bike path sections were 16+ mph

I have decided that today is day #1 for being back on track with healthier eating habits. I have noticed that garbage has really started to sneak back into my diet - okay, it has blatantly burst through the barricades! So, enough with the peanut M&Ms, and chocolate covered peanuts, (yeah, peanuts and chocolate are a huge weakness). Not to mention that extra cheese has started making its way into my food, etc.

Tomorrow I will be doing a 550+ mile round trip to my sister's and back. Her youngest son has a leading role in his high school's musical, Seussical. My mom and I will be converging on Pam's house, and then going to the matinee performance! Yes, it would be more sane to stay overnight, but I really need to sleep in my own bed, and wake up in my own home on Sunday! Besides, I am getting together with the girls on Sunday for biking and then to attend a viola-piano recital at the home of an extended-friend.

• Calories: 1570 From fat:177.18 (15.38g, 11.29%), From Carbs:790.08 (154.35g, 50.32%), Protein:602.73 (117.75g, 38.39%)

Yoganerd's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned