Tomorrow's Performance Depends on Today's Recovery

Minneapolis,MN 

Wednesday - April 2

Happiness is...

• "Hitting the ball out of the park" on my presentation!
  • A delicious broiled salmon filet
  • Having great conversations with business colleagues, both old and new
  • Receiving positive feedback on the status of my new home.  Still waiting, but looking better by the day 

Tuesday - April 1

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Happy April Fool's Day!!!

Today is a travel day. I will be heading to Baltimore for the next three days... back home on Thursday night.
Tomorrow I am a presenter at the Green Intelligent Buildings conference, so I will be spending the flight and evening reviewing my presentation, and making sure that I have a smooth delivery.

I hope that the roads are clear after the snow from yesterday and last night... and that the plane is clean, and does not need to be deiced, adding to a travel delay.

Then, I am home for one day, and on Saturday I head down to Madison to see my nephew in his high school's production of the musical, Seussical.

Happiness is...

• No longer using the penalty avatar from February!
  • Arriving safely in DC and the beautiful ride to Baltimore - lots of flowering trees
  • Green leaves and grass

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5

Monday - March 31

Snow, snow, and more snow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5

Sunday - March 30

Run
  • 1h 07m
  • 5.00 miles
  • -----

Running the trails with Dawn.
3.03 miles at 11:30 pace (5.2 mph)
1.97 miles at 3.1 mph
Run ave HR = 164 BPM

Another wonderful day:

Spent the morning doing a little cleaning, and then work on my presentation.
Dawn came over around 10:30 to yak and go for a great run. Came back home, yakked a bit more and then she was on her way. I then met up with Nancy and Tanner to go for our routine trip to Target.
Now I am back home for a little bit, then I pick up Dawn at 6:00 to go to a bicycle maintenance class for the evening. Chelsea enjoyed meeting Dawn, and loved her bye-bye to flirt with Tanner.  Little Tanner has learned to blow kisses - yeah, he knows how to win over the girls!

Saturday - March 29

Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.00 miles
  • -----

Gentle ride to get the blood pumping and to finish my challenge minutes for March... A pathetically small target, but that is all that my schedule would allow, while remaining balanced with the other disciplines

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 50m

Hiked around Chelsea's favorite park - windy, but sunny and warm!

Happiness is...

• 47 degrees
  • Networking with "sister" engineers
  • Taking Chelsea for a great walk
  • Thai food and Flawless with the girls

Friday - March 28

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 23m

Today is going to be a fun day:

• I am listening to a robin sing its beautiful springtime song
  • I am working from home to "script" my presentation for next week's conference
  • I will then meet up with N for her birthday lunch, and will also get a tour of the US Federal Court House bldg. in Mpls - sweet!
  • The weather today is supposed to be exquisite!
  • Today is the "second target date" for finding out the status of the negotiations with the Seller's bank
  • I am sipping a delightful cup of Aveda pepperment-licorice tea (mmm)
  • The no-coffee brain fog seems to be lifting!!
  • Tomorrow I will be going to an all-day conference for the local chapter of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), which should be a lot of fun, including great networking opportunities. I have belonged to the society for over a year, but life and travel keep getting in the way of participating in local events.
Life is great, isn't it?

Thursday - March 27

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 3.50 miles
  • -----

Much, much better experience as compared with yesterday's fun... Combination of treadmill and elliptical work.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • -----

20 mins
Foam roller work

I met with Dr. Scott this morning... and told him about last night's ride, as well as the detox. He made the comment that exercise can be hard on the liver... to which I responded with a "duh"... yeah, the liver provides glycogen when the stores in the muscles are depleted. And, if the liver was already taxed from the detox, asking it give more was just out of the question! And, about 30 minutes into the ride, I was RAVENOUS!

Yoganerd's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned