SUNDAY
Overcast
High 21F
Low 5F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 11F
Low 8F

Monday became a "no electronics at home" day for me. I realized that after spending a day at work, I was doing a good job of coming home to be bombarded by electrons from my computer, telephone, tv, etc. No phone calls, no blogging, no e-mails, no HGTV. It was wonderful!

I may need to make this a weekly occurrence. Couldn't do the no-TV thing tonight, because I need to watch the TN women defeat Stanford.

Happiness is...

• Extra clean teeth - thanks to the dentist
  • Tennessee Volunteers own the title for another year
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 49s /100 meters

1/2 freestyle
1/2 breast stroke

The musical was just wonderful - the teenagers did a fantastic job, and the musical has just a delightful story line. I cannot believe the voices on some of these kids - holy cow!

It was fun to be there to support Steve, and he did an incredible job.
580 miles of driving, for 5 hours with the family... time well spent!

Now, I am heading to the gym for a swim with Dawn, and perhaps a run or bike, afterwards. Then a little downtime before the viola-piano recital. And... the weekend will be capped off with the Final Four game between TN and LSU - Go Lady Vols!

Happiness is...

• Seeing Steve perform in Seussical
  • A fun afternoon with the girls
  • Tennessee is playing in the championship game on Tuesday night!

Madison, to see Steve's musical.

Bike
  • 1h 15m 35s
  • 17.20 miles
  • 13.65 Mi/hr

* First outdoor ride of the season
* First rain of the season
* First rainbow of the season
* Bike went into the shower to clean off the grit, then I had to clean the shower, and I will soon be going in the shower, myself.
A GLORIOUS RIDE!!!
Non-bike path sections were 16+ mph

I have decided that today is day #1 for being back on track with healthier eating habits. I have noticed that garbage has really started to sneak back into my diet - okay, it has blatantly burst through the barricades! So, enough with the peanut M&Ms, and chocolate covered peanuts, (yeah, peanuts and chocolate are a huge weakness). Not to mention that extra cheese has started making its way into my food, etc.

Tomorrow I will be doing a 550+ mile round trip to my sister's and back. Her youngest son has a leading role in his high school's musical, Seussical. My mom and I will be converging on Pam's house, and then going to the matinee performance! Yes, it would be more sane to stay overnight, but I really need to sleep in my own bed, and wake up in my own home on Sunday! Besides, I am getting together with the girls on Sunday for biking and then to attend a viola-piano recital at the home of an extended-friend.

• Calories: 1570 From fat:177.18 (15.38g, 11.29%), From Carbs:790.08 (154.35g, 50.32%), Protein:602.73 (117.75g, 38.39%)
Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

TGIH - Thank god I'm home!

It was a GREAT trip, but it is wonderful to be home... early night for me, tonight!

Happiness is...

• "Hitting the ball out of the park" on my presentation!
  • A delicious broiled salmon filet
  • Having great conversations with business colleagues, both old and new
  • Receiving positive feedback on the status of my new home.  Still waiting, but looking better by the day 

Yoganerd's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • November's totals